You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.119 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » An American Hotseat
Bottom
Topic Subject:An American Hotseat
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
joopie888
Legionary
posted 06 August 2011 06:31 EDT (US)         
I want to start a new hotseat campaign for The Americans I need 2 more people in this campaign.
factions available:
the chicimec tribes
the maya's
the tlaxcalans
the aztecs
The game will be played at Medium difficulty.
Everyone gets a own password.
No cheats or cracks.
If you want to join Contact me on this topic or e-mail me: Bertmoer@hotmail.com.

rules:
auto resolve all battles
2-3 days to complete your turn
no total destroyment of human players (min 2 town left)

you will need:
Mtw2 Kingdoms (no mods and patch 1,05)
find patch 1,05 here:
http://www.mofunzone.com/game_patch_downloads/medieval_2_total_war_kingdoms_1_05_us.shtml

players now:
Jarno86 - the apachian tribes
joopie888 - the tarascans
Warboss_Titan - Aztecs
AugustusCaesar - The Mayans

[This message has been edited by joopie888 (edited 08-18-2011 @ 04:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Jarno86
Legionary
posted 06 August 2011 21:22 EDT (US)     1 / 119       
Maybe with Retrofit mod enabled? I really don't know if the Retrofit mod changes any things in the Americas campaign..

I would like it to give it a go if there are some more rules enabled.

Like autoresolve?
joopie888
Legionary
posted 08 August 2011 01:46 EDT (US)     2 / 119       
I think that the Retrofit mod will cause an error if some1 does not have him but plz tell me what version you have and i will install him to.

i'm fine with autoresolve battle it does not really matter me.

if you want to join what faction would you ike to be?
and what is your e-mail?

[This message has been edited by joopie888 (edited 08-08-2011 @ 03:08 AM).]

Jarno86
Legionary
posted 08 August 2011 05:10 EDT (US)     3 / 119       
According to this site (on another forum) the Retrofit also improves the different Kingdom campaigns with AI improvements on the campaign map etc. I donīt know if this is the case in the Americas campaign, because it seems that I canīt start the Americas campaign in Retrofit mode..

I have never played the Americas campaign before so I just would have to choose a faction based on my level of historical knowledge. Really like the Indians so I would like to choose the Apaches.

And what about the French? I read somewhere that they will pop up after turn 20. Can a human control them? Also, what will the required MTW2 version be? I guess 1.05, but make sure to put it in the requirements for this hotseat.

[This message has been edited by Jarno86 (edited 08-08-2011 @ 05:16 AM).]

joopie888
Legionary
posted 08 August 2011 06:06 EDT (US)     4 / 119       
ok then no mods, you can't play with the french so you will be the apachians.
i don't know yet when we can start because i don't know when the 2 more players will come we will need.
i found your email so i will contact you when we start. or when there is anything you'll need to know
my version is 1,04 and it's working perfect. but if everyone just installs 1,05 you will be sure that can't cause an error
in what difficulty shall we play the game? Medium or Hard?

[This message has been edited by joopie888 (edited 08-08-2011 @ 10:04 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 08 August 2011 08:57 EDT (US)     5 / 119       
Unfortunately I haven't really got the spare time to commit to another hotseat - but I do suggest you set up the hotseat with an admin password. It's a smallish change but would give you the ability to reset passwords and add/remove human control from factions.

I can dig out the instructions on how to set an admin if you'd like.
joopie888
Legionary
posted 08 August 2011 09:17 EDT (US)     6 / 119       
thank you very much very useful tip i'm now admin.

*still searching players* 2 more

[This message has been edited by joopie888 (edited 08-09-2011 @ 09:00 AM).]

Jarno86
Legionary
posted 10 August 2011 15:26 EDT (US)     7 / 119       
My preference for the difficulty will be M/M, because with autoresolve on this will be balanced enough. With H/H and fighting Spain for example it is really hard to win in autoresolve.
joopie888
Legionary
posted 11 August 2011 02:58 EDT (US)     8 / 119       
yes i agree and it's also not really fighting against AI but more versus the human players
Jarno86
Legionary
posted 14 August 2011 09:15 EDT (US)     9 / 119       
Too bad that there are not any more players..

Still anticipating a great game though.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 14 August 2011 11:54 EDT (US)     10 / 119       
Actually, I can join, but I first want to hear from someone who used the patch download, to make sure, it's safe and works. If it makes a difference, I did unpack the files(but not modded).I'm also intresting if that installing that patch, adds the 1.03 patch to the main campaign.

As for the game itself, I'll play as the Mayans.

I'll give you my email as soon as I get the patch.

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 08-14-2011 @ 11:55 AM).]

Warboss_Titan
Legionary
posted 14 August 2011 22:27 EDT (US)     11 / 119       
I would really like to join the game i sent u an email i would prefer to be aztecs/mayans but idc
Jarno86
Legionary
posted 15 August 2011 08:15 EDT (US)     12 / 119       
Oke great, joopie can now start up the game I guess. Let's wait and see how it develops.
joopie888
Legionary
posted 15 August 2011 16:12 EDT (US)     13 / 119       
ok first of all very sorry for the late reply i had some problems (real life) so sry about that, it's great we heve 2 new players here i'm now going to contact them you are all welcome

Grtz J888

oh and augustusCaesar i downloaded the patch about a week ago and i had no problems

[This message has been edited by joopie888 (edited 08-15-2011 @ 04:14 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 15 August 2011 16:51 EDT (US)     14 / 119       
Does it matter where I save it to, when prompted to save? I really don't know(never downloaded before). And after it's downloaded, how do I apply it?

Forgive me, just not experianced in "techy" things...

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
joopie888
Legionary
posted 15 August 2011 17:06 EDT (US)     15 / 119       
OK a easy guide here:

1. When downloaded unpack the files with WinRAR doesn't matter where.
2. then go to the unpacked file and go to Kingdoms_Patch_US\GOLD_RC02_Kingdoms_Patch_46_US\Disk1\
3. then run the setup, there everything will be easy

Good luck!

btw I hope you know how hotseat works?
and can I get your E-mail
Jarno86
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 06:39 EDT (US)     16 / 119       
My emailadres is in my profile. Just click on the face above any of my posts.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 16 August 2011 07:28 EDT (US)     17 / 119       
I'm willing to hold a copy of passwords if you'd like (although that's less important if you've got a game admin password setup).

On the patch front, make sure you download the correct version of the patch based on the version of your game (there should be a list here - http://segauk.epticahosting.com/selfsegauk/template.do?id=3117 - if the link works). Players with the UK Gold edition would get an error at some point if trying to install the US Gold edition, similarly with some European versions.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 10:08 EDT (US)     18 / 119       
Alright, I downloaded the patch, but how do I unpack it, and/or where do I find WinRar, I'm using Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

My Email is kilij45@gmail.com

Yes, I know how to hotseat, just email save file to next player, and I know where to find it too. Patching is my only problem...

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 16 August 2011 11:08 EDT (US)     19 / 119       
You need something that can open .rar files (examples are given at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR) Winrar is the main example of that and you should be able to download at least a trial version for free - just search for it on google or your preferred internet search tool. Winzip also works if you'd prefer that or http://www.7-zip.org/

With one of those programs installed it ought to just come down to clicking on the rar file and choosing 'extract'.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 12:13 EDT (US)     20 / 119       
Thank you all, I finally got it patched to 1.05. Can't wait to get started now. I can tell this is gonna be fun!

Warboss_Titan
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 12:49 EDT (US)     21 / 119       
uuh guys i hope itss not too late but i'm kinda new to this as u might know and would like to learn about the process
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 14:15 EDT (US)     22 / 119       
Same here, but I found the stickied guide to be helpful. From what it says, when you finish your turn(hence press end turn button), it will take you the login screen for the next player, you then save the game, and email it to that player.

I'm sure the mods can give you a better explaination.

joopie888
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 14:44 EDT (US)     23 / 119       
ok i'll give some explaination when the game starts but AugustusCaesar plz give me your e-mail!
Warboss_Titan
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 15:07 EDT (US)     24 / 119       
he did
joopie888
Legionary
posted 16 August 2011 15:16 EDT (US)     25 / 119       
yeah sry
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: