You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.317 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » TATW Hotseat
Bottom
Topic Subject:TATW Hotseat
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 30 September 2011 15:57 EDT (US)         
Third Age Total War Hotseat, vers 3.1, no submods.

Rules,
No cracks or cheats(consul will be disabled anyway)
No human v.s. human war within first ten turns
No good v.s. good or evil v.s. evil on TATW unless the opposing side was destroyed
3 days to email your turn, 7 if we are notified.

Settings:
Very Hard/Vary Hard, This is the setting TATW is supposed to be played on, and since were playing battles, better AI is needed.
No Consul
Manual Construction and Recruitment allowed
No battle time limit
No forced Auto-Resolve

More players may join at anytime, just post your email and desired Faction

Players so far:
Kilij Varyl, kilij45@gmail.com, Rhun
Galadhdor, modderation@gmail.com
SwampRat, swamprat_uk@hotmail.com, Orcs Of Misty Mountains
Boorego, Jordan.h.nwol@gmail.com, Mordor
ElephantLord, dinoboy57@comcast.net, Dale
Joopie888, bertmoer@hotmail.com, Harad
EnemyofJupitor, eojup@hotmail.co.uk, Rohan

Current Turn: 6 Rohan

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by Kilij Ae Varyl (edited 02-19-2012 @ 10:35 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 24 January 2012 11:00 EDT (US)     276 / 317       
Try sending yourself a zipped save, I believe that is the issue.

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 24 January 2012 14:08 EDT (US)     277 / 317       
I get it now, Swampy's turn wasn't skipped. Joopie is just testing with a save. So it's Boorego's(Mordor's) turn.

joopie888
Legionary
posted 24 January 2012 16:21 EDT (US)     278 / 317       
But it still doesn't work i must have another version ...
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 27 January 2012 09:29 EDT (US)     279 / 317       
Could I get the latest save, just in case if we have to pass Mordor or have it subbed. I haven't gotten word from Boorego.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 28 January 2012 05:24 EDT (US)     280 / 317       
joopie, if the TATW version is correct and works in itself (i.e. you can play the single player campaign) then maybe we should focus on the Kingdoms version.

Is your game patched to version 1.5? There's a bit of a challenge to make sure you use the right patch - there are a few threads around if you need a hand there.

If you start up one of the Kingdoms campaigns, save a game and email it across maybe we can see if there's anything amiss.

I should check EoJ's save too to make sure I don't have a problem now you mention it - always good to find out in advance...
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 29 January 2012 13:45 EDT (US)     281 / 317       
I passed Mordor this round and sent save to Swampy.

From here onward. I will be more vigilant with the game pace. The rules are 3 days, and 7 with notice. If not done, the player will be passed as AI. Unless the player set up a sub. You may post here who you would like to have as your sub.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 30 January 2012 08:12 EDT (US)     282 / 317       
Fair enough.

I should be able to get the turn done by tomorrow morning, especially as it's quick with no battles etc. There's a bit of a questionmark being introduced by catching the lurgy, if that causes trouble then I'll let you know.

The AI taking the odd turn isn't an overly bad thing given the crazy bonuses it gets (I assume that for example you can clear any debts instantly with a quick AI turn).
joopie888
Legionary
posted 30 January 2012 11:34 EDT (US)     283 / 317       
I am really sry but i wont be able to play is just cant use the saved game... and i don't know what the problem might be.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 30 January 2012 16:16 EDT (US)     284 / 317       
Before you go. I wish to ask, what happens when you try a save? Does it not load during the loading screen, or crash? If so I believe it's because the save wasn't zipped. I know I suggested it before, but I don't know if you tried a zipped file. I strongly believe that is the cause. Since I had the same issue with TATW, and did not during the Americas Hotseat.

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 30 January 2012 18:02 EDT (US)     285 / 317       
Done and sent to EoJ.

EDIT: I realized that I forgot to press end turn, disregard the 1st email.

[This message has been edited by Kilij Ae Varyl (edited 01-30-2012 @ 06:04 PM).]

joopie888
Legionary
posted 31 January 2012 01:24 EDT (US)     286 / 317       
it starts loads the campaign for a sec and then goes back to the menu.
But i don't understand why i should have a zipped file.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 31 January 2012 07:01 EDT (US)     287 / 317       
Because TATW is a much bigger game than Americas, thus has large save files, that don't download smoothly, causing the file to be unreadable. Zipped files are much smaller, and download much smoother.

I couldn't play the TATW hotseat either until I started getting zipped files.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 31 January 2012 07:47 EDT (US)     288 / 317       
Hotmail lets you download the files in zipped form (there should be a "download as zip file" button next to the usual attachment download option), or maybe Augustus could forward another save file over.

There are two other things to check - firstly, are you on patch 1.5 for Kingdoms (see http://segauk.epticahosting.com/selfsegauk/template.do?id=3117 for a list of patch versions - it's very important that you get the right version of the patch or things won't work properly)?

Secondly, it should generate an error log either in the main M2TW directory or in the Mod folder (in the folders within the virtual store I imagine). If you're sure you're on patch version 1.5 then it might be worth looking for that.

If there's no error log then it might be possible to change your preferences file to ensure that it makes one - but let's not add that bit of complexity unless we need to.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 31 January 2012 07:54 EDT (US)     289 / 317       
Sent 'n' zipped
it starts loads the campaign for a sec and then goes back to the menu.
Sounds like compatibility. a) is it 3.1? b) are you sure you don't have any submods? c) Is your kingdoms up to 1.6 when you installed it?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
joopie888
Legionary
posted 31 January 2012 10:49 EDT (US)     290 / 317       
i've already tryed download the saved game as a zip but it didn't help, and i downloaded the 1,5 patch and installed it 2.
ElephantLord
Legionary
posted 02 February 2012 18:01 EDT (US)     291 / 317       
Sorry for the wait, I just sent it to SwampRat
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 04 February 2012 07:27 EDT (US)     292 / 317       
Sent to Kilij

Anyone want an orc(goblin) ally?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04 February 2012 11:48 EDT (US)     293 / 317       
Pwease?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 04 February 2012 13:19 EDT (US)     294 / 317       
Send a nice edible diplomat along and we'll accept - it'll be ages before I can train one
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 04 February 2012 15:08 EDT (US)     295 / 317       
Done and sent to EoJ. I'll have a diplomat soon, but it'll take awhile to get there from Ammu Khand.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 08 February 2012 07:53 EDT (US)     296 / 317       
Back around again to Kilij (is that the best shortened form to use? KAV? AC?) for Rhun turn 3.

I've been trying out my faction (Misty Mountain) in single player and have the outstanding news that I actually beat an elf army of similarish size. On the downside, it was in defence of a settlement (so probably easier and not something useful for the hotseat), on the upside it was a settlement without walls making it harder, on the downside I think I had around 10% of my army left (after post-battle recoveries) and only won due to the effect of the village square stopping the dregs of my army fleeing before the last unit of elf archers did.

I don't like fighting elves with goblins. Liam's comment from a while ago about the archers being untouchable is quite apt.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 08 February 2012 20:16 EDT (US)     297 / 317       
Done and Sent to Rohan.

Well, from an Elven viewpoint, we have more troops to shoot at, fighting Goblins, I always ran out of arrows. Then we have to move in and take losses, which is even more a nuisance for elves.

Actually I think you might do well in the field aswell. Although sieges would be unadvisable. I'm not sure, but I believe Snaga Skirmishers no longer have the AP(Armor Piercing) trait. That being a large disadvantage if I'm correct.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 09 February 2012 07:28 EDT (US)     298 / 317       
Against the elves, the AP issue doesn't seem too bad (again from single player, yet to meet them in the hotseat)- having a thousand or so javelins thrown into their backs/sides seems to chew through quite fancy sounding elves nicely. Less so for the Eldar units I guess, which is probably your point.

The skirmishers even fare ok against dwarves, it's wargs (and overwhelming numbers) that win the day though it seems. Hopefully the hotseat will trundle along until I can get some trolls for you to play with (I'm not quite there yet in single player).

Do any of the other human played factions have any fun units? I can't imagine Dale or Rohan will, Rhun sounded a bit like 'bad men' without giant elephants etc if I remember rightly.
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 09 February 2012 16:22 EDT (US)     299 / 317       
I don't like fighting elves with goblins. Liam's comment from a while ago about the archers being untouchable is quite apt.
That's why you should always listen to Liam
ElephantLord
Legionary
posted 12 February 2012 14:46 EDT (US)     300 / 317       
Can we all post here when we have done our turns because I think it would be easier to keep track.
Because I for one can check this thread much more easily than checking my email.
And I sent the turn onto SwampRat.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames