You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.60 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Time to Die...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Time to Die...
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 14 December 2007 10:42 EDT (US)         

Or in fact, 'Time to Bleach'

Now try not to lament too loudly (the neighbours will complain), and I'd advise against rending your clothes (they'll just cost money to replace) and/or gnashing your teeth (especially if you are reliant on British dentistry), but I shall be standing down as a moderator very shortly, retiring Sulla-like to a life of indolence and vice. At least as far as the forums go anyway. For the next few months, I anticipate being around far less than hitherto for various reasons that I won't trouble you with but largely involve real life (I won out over it for a while but the damn thing just won't die).

Before there is any mass panic (or celebrating), I should emphasise that I will still be around occasionally and Gaius has kindly allowed me to keep my bangun even though white (well okay he hasn't but I don't think he or Yak know how to turn the power off...).

Anyway, no more green for me shortly. Which is just as well because it doesn't suit my complexion.

I haven't warned half of you as much as I should have done and I've banned far fewer of you than you deserve. But this is the END.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
AuthorReplies:
Jekyll
Legionary
(id: Vault Dweller)
posted 14 December 2007 17:36 EDT (US)     26 / 60       
Bubye. You was a good mod.
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 14 December 2007 17:50 EDT (US)     27 / 60       
To reiterate everything Gaius said, many thanks for an excellent tenure Furius and good luck in your Real LifeTM.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 14 December 2007 18:37 EDT (US)     28 / 60       
I hope things work out well for you in the future Furius. I will sorely miss D Fast n' Furius moderator.
Imperial Justice
Legionary
posted 14 December 2007 18:44 EDT (US)     29 / 60       
Sorry to hear that you won't be around as much, DFV. I wish you good luck in whatever you are doing in real life. You were a good moderator and always helped to bring a sense of order and discipline to these wayward, wild forums, and authority personified, especially on the internet, is something that I admire greatly. Even if it is left-wing or middle rather than right-wing.

I can't help feeling, also, that despite the new promotions of SubRosa and Andrew, Green is a lacking colour in The Red Lion Tavern now. In fact, all three of the mods moderating the tavern are orange. Of course, that's ok, but I think we need more green.........

Perhaps I could get elected.........as a churub.........maybe.

Neither the pure land nor hell exists outside oneself; both lie only within one’s own heart. Awakened to this, one is called a Buddha; deluded about it, one is called an ordinary person. The Lotus Sutra reveals this truth, and one who embraces the Lotus Sutra will realize that hell is itself the Land of Tranquil Light.
- Nichiren Daishonin
Mechstra
Banned
posted 14 December 2007 18:46 EDT (US)     30 / 60       
There is clear Proddie bias at TWH.
Andariel
Banned
posted 14 December 2007 18:48 EDT (US)     31 / 60       
I'M campaigning for mod status!
Emperor Augustus
Legionary
posted 14 December 2007 19:00 EDT (US)     32 / 60       
See ya 'round DFV. I never spoke to you, neither did I have anything to do with you but you made me laugh sometimes.
Perhaps I could get elected.........as a churub.........maybe
Heh...if I didn't know you were joking I'd be pissing myself laughing.
I haven't warned half of you as much as I should have done and I've banned far fewer of you than you deserve. But this is the END.
Tolkien will be turning in his grave right now. Watch out my formerly snotty friend, Bilbo might come and bite your ankles.
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 14 December 2007 19:02 EDT (US)     33 / 60       
Andariel and IJ should get married, they would make a great couple.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Emperor Augustus
Legionary
posted 14 December 2007 19:09 EDT (US)     34 / 60       
Andariel and IJ should get married, they would make a great couple.
Yep I can see it...

"Honey, I want to take over the world with my Storm Troopers. My Dark Side is telling me I have to do it."

"Get your stupid arse back on the computer! And don't ever, ever call me honey again."

"But my dark side..."

"DARK SIDE??? I'LL SHOW YOU DARK SIDE!!"

[This message has been edited by Emperor Augustus (edited 12-14-2007 @ 07:42 PM).]

Andariel
Banned
posted 14 December 2007 19:36 EDT (US)     35 / 60       
OFF the computer? That is blasphemy in this household. If you aren't on the computer a minimum of 10 hours a day, you'll be beaten over the head with a remote control of some sort. Preferably big.
Emperor Augustus
Legionary
posted 14 December 2007 19:43 EDT (US)     36 / 60       
My bad. Fixed.
Andariel
Banned
posted 14 December 2007 19:46 EDT (US)     37 / 60       
My bad. *castrates self* Fixed.
Fixed.
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 14 December 2007 19:46 EDT (US)     38 / 60       
Yeesh, poor kids...when they're not on the computer for their mandatory ten hours, they're watching sword and sandal movies to learn history, or lightsaber dueling in full suits for exercise.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Alexander332
Legionary
posted 14 December 2007 21:45 EDT (US)     39 / 60       
I prefer the Lord of the Rings reenactments over the Star Wars duels.

P.S. Maybe one day we will all have the courage to break away from this thing we call 'Heaven'.
MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 14 December 2007 22:50 EDT (US)     40 / 60       
Speaking of sword and sandal movies, I have ordered a DVD of Spartacus with Kirk Douglas. Huzzah!

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
Jekyll
Legionary
(id: Vault Dweller)
posted 14 December 2007 23:22 EDT (US)     41 / 60       
Sorry Alexander, but Philip Pullman and Lord Asriel beat you to that idea.
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 14 December 2007 23:49 EDT (US)     42 / 60       
Omnia sunt communia

Hope you come back soon.

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Alexander332
Legionary
posted 14 December 2007 23:53 EDT (US)     43 / 60       
Nice, Vault. I've been complaining about that movie all day.
Tryhard
Legate
posted 15 December 2007 08:42 EDT (US)     44 / 60       
So Furius has turned white, indeed.
It was not a prank this time, unlike last April, 1.

So, the question is: having witnessed on several occasions that a green turned white comes back at one moment to go straight to the MAF:
- how long can with expect before Furius comes back dead drunk and spamming Goatse?

edit: small typo

Defender Of The Faith

The thing with tryhard is you can never tell if he's writing a gay erotica on purpose or not - Jax

[This message has been edited by Tryhard (edited 12-15-2007 @ 08:45 AM).]

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 15 December 2007 08:50 EDT (US)     45 / 60       
Sorry to here this Furius. You were of great help in the History forums espicially.

Lost in a roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 15 December 2007 09:14 EDT (US)     46 / 60       
Tolkien will be turning in his grave right now.
Oh, no. You guys are too slow for that- BFME2H's been doing that since it started.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Tryhard
Legate
posted 16 December 2007 00:52 EDT (US)     47 / 60       
So Andariel has turned green.

RUN, you fools!

Defender Of The Faith

The thing with tryhard is you can never tell if he's writing a gay erotica on purpose or not - Jax
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 16 December 2007 02:42 EDT (US)     48 / 60       
Basically, they couldn't stand the sight of Furius in white so much that they made made green the new white to stave off the inevitable.

In other news...I realize why I resigned in the first place. My name showing up in green conflicts terribly with the color scheme.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 16 December 2007 08:36 EDT (US)     49 / 60       
In other news, Ace is no longer one of a kind on TWH.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Cordyceps
Naphal
(id: ArchDruid)
posted 16 December 2007 08:38 EDT (US)     50 / 60       
Furius is an HG Alumnus eh? Good.

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames