You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Maiden Axes Released!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Maiden Axes Released!
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 11 April 2008 19:48 EDT (US)         
Like to play Scythia? Ever despair over the lack of better infantry than those Axemen? Well, I have the answer to your predicament.

Maiden Axes is a new unit of heavy infantry for Scythia. Recruitable in a 3rd tier Barrack, the Maidens Axes are the footborne sisters of the Headhunting Maidens. Armed with the same armour-piercing axes as their mounted counterparts, these Maidens have a surprise however, they carry extra axes for throwing at the enemy. Tough, well-armoured troops, the Maiden Axes are ideal shock troops, excelling at storming the walls or gates during a siege assault.

Do not wait, go straight here to the Downloads section and get your hands on these maidens. You know you want them.

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 06-25-2008 @ 07:09 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 12 April 2008 03:56 EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Awesome, and nice job getting the throwing axes into the vanilla game

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
quagnatus legion
Legionary
posted 12 April 2008 10:47 EDT (US)     2 / 14       
I just downloaded this this morning, it looks good and it brings the francisca into the rtw (I was having some odd problems getting it in before I downloaded this). This means I can use it for other units which is very usefull!

"The point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George Patton
"If we can't find a way, we'll make one" -Hannibal
Spanish AAR (not finished)

[This message has been edited by quagnatus legion (edited 04-12-2008 @ 10:48 AM).]

Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 12 April 2008 14:54 EDT (US)     3 / 14       
I may revive my scythia mod and include these if that's alright Sub(way).

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 12 April 2008 15:14 EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Of course. It would be cool to see a new version of Dismounted Scythia. Or maybe even roll it into a larger unit mod by combining it with Desert Storm and Parthia - Age of Infantry?
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 12 April 2008 15:56 EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Perhaps, if I still have those. I may just have a barbarian unit mod, give the hairy ones a fighting chance.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 12 April 2008 20:13 EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Speaking of Barbarians, Terikel has a new unit he should be announcing any time now... You might want to combine it in as well.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 15 April 2008 16:43 EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Very nice. I'd often despaired at having to siege towns with the Scythians.
Newsied on front page too.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Oolon Colluphid
Legionary
posted 17 April 2008 10:12 EDT (US)     8 / 14       
I just downloaded and installed it, brilliant. Throwing axes is just a great idea, as is some proper infantry for Scythia.

There's one little bug however. From a certain distance it looks like they're halfway buried. From this distance it's hard to see what you can actually see of the units, but I can move the camera past the ranks and watch them shoot into the ground like they're being eaten by a tunnel digging cartoon rabbit.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 17 April 2008 12:26 EDT (US)     9 / 14       
It sounds like an issue with the sprite. But I tried a test battle with them and did not see that. Do you have a screen capture of it?

Try commenting out the sprite line in Descr_Model_Battle.txt and see if it stops (just put a ; in front of the line). That would clinch it as the sprite.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 04-18-2008 @ 07:08 PM).]

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 17 April 2008 20:09 EDT (US)     10 / 14       
I created new sprites and put them in a new version of the Maidens. I just uploaded it, once Foamy gets it up it will be available.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 20 April 2008 13:00 EDT (US)     11 / 14       
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 June 2008 19:16 EDT (US)     12 / 14       
Just so that ye know, there are pictures of this unit up on our galleries. You can find them here.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 25 June 2008 20:22 EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Speaking of Barbarians, Terikel has a new unit he should be announcing any time now... You might want to combine it in as well.
If its his Viking unit, then they were superb (i rated them 5 ). I really think you should combine those three mods Marcus, id be willing to help if your interested.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 25 June 2008 20:29 EDT (US)     14 / 14       
Something was wrong with the pictures Gaius. For some reason the would not display the full-sized picture, only the thumbnails. So I deleted them and re-uploaded them.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames