You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.122 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 27 April 2008 08:04 EDT (US)         
Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released

This mod adds the Etruscans to the vanilla campaign game. It also merges the Romans into one faction and makes some other small changes as well.

So without further ado, the mod:

The Etruscans

The Etruscans were once the dominant faction on Italy, but since the Romans grew to power the Etruscans were absorbed into the empire, and Loyalists fled to nearby Corsica.

Now it is time for the Etruscan peoples to fight back. Etruria is already under Etruscan control and with the Romans reeling from the recent blow, the Etruscans are already looking south to Rome...

The Etruscan territories:

Etruscan Noble Cavalry:

More screenies:

With the promise that the tyrannical rule of Rome would be overthrown, the Gauls have sent many of their best cavalrymen to aid the Etruscans in their plight. With the recapture of Etruria, the Gauls have also sent some of their best hunters, in an effort to aid the Etruscan war machine...

While far away from Gaul, in the Greek province of Laconia, the world's best warriors board ship, and set sail for the island of Corsica. With an Etruscan/Greek alliance firmly in place, and the Gauls merrily supporting their cause, all looks set for the Etruscans to take back what is rightfully theirs...

Thanks to:
SubRosa, for her continued support and assistance during the making of this mod.
SrJamesTyrrel, for his gift unit and help.
EoJ, for his support and generally being a nice guy.
misplacedgeneral, or misplacedpope, for historical information on the Etruscans.
PrivateClark, for his contributions and help on various units and UI cards.
King Louise Assurbanipal, for his amazing unit skins for Greek, Roman and Gallic units.
The Modding Legions team, for letting me use their amazing Roman skins.
Arkrai, for his Unified Rome mod which formed the base of this mod.
TotalWarFanatic for his Spartan Hoplite skin.
And anyone else I've forgotten.

This mod uses mod-switch so it will not affect your original game files.

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com/etruscansrar/;11680958;/fileinfo.html
You will need winrar to open it.
http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Changelog:

0.1 - Initial Release

0.11 - Fixed CTD caused by Roman artillery.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 09-21-2008 @ 05:01 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Primo
Legionary
posted 19 September 2008 07:19 EDT (US)     101 / 122       
Submitted a quickfix patch to the Downloads Section which deals with the issue above. I normally wouldn't have bothered releasing the fix until next release, but it was causing a CTD, so I shot one out quickly.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 19 September 2008 17:31 EDT (US)     102 / 122       
The patch is up here. I moved it over to the Modpacks section since it will probably get more visibility there.
Primo
Legionary
posted 22 September 2008 05:49 EDT (US)     103 / 122       
Interesting, did an Etruscan campaign using the -ai command line switch and it seems that Rome still gets fairly strong, Etruria gets kicked out of italy, Britannia explodes over Europe and Egypt runs the middle east as usual. However, I noticed Carthage were getting pretty strong, maybe because the Romans weren't beating the crap out of them from day 1.

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 22 September 2008 11:54 EDT (US)     104 / 122       
Carthage normally has the Scipii coming at them on Sicily, and the Julii at Caralis, right from the get go. Even the Brutii sometimes invade north africa. So knocking Rome down to only one faction, and especially taking out the Senate telling them to take Lilybaeum and Carthage is going to really give them breathing room.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 22 September 2008 12:32 EDT (US)     105 / 122       
I'm guessing that since Etruria is what the mod is about, you do not want them being marginalised by Rome. If so, you could prevent itby giving Etruria larger starting armies (Maybe use campaign script so that is only for the AI). You could take provinces away from Rome. You could give Tarentum to the Greek Cities.

It could be that the Etruscans are sticking on Corsica and abandoning Etruria. If you set 'prefers naval invasions' to yes, they might be more likely to move off their island base.

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 09-22-2008 @ 12:36 PM).]

Primo
Legionary
posted 22 September 2008 13:38 EDT (US)     106 / 122       
I did set 'prefers naval invasions yes'. I saw them make many attempts at reclaiming arretium, but by the time they got round to it, rome was too strong, and they were rebuffed every time. They captured sardinia though. I'm planning to give them an army down by croton, currently held by rebels.

Primo
Legionary
posted 06 October 2008 20:53 EDT (US)     107 / 122       
Progress Report:

Short answer: Bugger all.
Long answer: Bugger all, but I'm planning to add some new units for the Etruscans and rearrange starting provinces. I may also add a script to give the AI an advantage over the player, mainly to make sure the Etruscans get a chance as AI, and that the human player doesn't beat Rome too easily.

Edit: This is a shout to SrJamesTyrell. I was wondering how you were getting on with the faction icon, and I also want to talk to you about the description maps.

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 10-06-2008 @ 08:55 PM).]

Primo
Legionary
posted 12 October 2008 05:48 EDT (US)     108 / 122       
Ok, work has started on the mod again, and I'm rearranging provinces for a start. Etruria gets half of Sardinia, Rome will get Tarentum again, and Carthage gets two thirds of Sicily.

And a screenie to keep you happy:

An Etruscan captain leads the Warriors of Laran into battle

Andalus
Legionary
posted 12 October 2008 08:19 EDT (US)     109 / 122       
Nice.
Gabriele DeAnzio
Legionary
posted 28 October 2008 06:13 EDT (US)     110 / 122       
is there other area where we can download the mod ?? i cant download from file front for some reason

Conquer We Must,Conquer We Shall
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 28 October 2008 17:47 EDT (US)     111 / 122       
Gabriele. It downloads fine for me on firefox. Do you have winrar to open it?

Marcus. You're welcome to stick the file on the RTWH downloads. We've increased the allowable file size so yours should fit.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Primo
Legionary
posted 29 October 2008 07:56 EDT (US)     112 / 122       
Cheers, I'll do that when I get back home.

mintico
Legionary
posted 29 October 2008 14:00 EDT (US)     113 / 122       
i think there's bug in this game. whenever u use legionary first cohort, the game just hang, due to missing battle_model_unit. i've checked it and the model directory that's use does not exists.

data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_first_legion_ii_ julii.tga

see, the ferres folder does not exists. Yeah i think that's the problem. but other than that, this mod is stable.

and also, may i know where's the download link for v0.11?
Gabriele DeAnzio
Legionary
posted 03 November 2008 09:11 EDT (US)     114 / 122       
well ever since i format my computer i cant download files from file front so is there any other way of getting eturia ?

Conquer We Must,Conquer We Shall
Primo
Legionary
posted 03 November 2008 12:09 EDT (US)     115 / 122       
I'll upload it to the RTWH Downloads Section in a bit.

Primo
Legionary
posted 03 November 2008 14:15 EDT (US)     116 / 122       
Uploaded, should be available soon.

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04 November 2008 15:26 EDT (US)     117 / 122       
Approved. You can download it here.

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04 November 2008 15:59 EDT (US)     118 / 122       
I presume the 0.11 patch isn't needed but the version numbers are confusing me a little?

-Love Gaius

Primo
Legionary
posted 05 November 2008 07:29 EDT (US)     119 / 122       
Unfortunately, it is. I just reuploaded the archived file for the 0.1 release, and it hasn't got the modified file in it.

Ok, the version numbers are below 1 as it's a beta. So:

0.x - Release
0.xx - Patch

0.1 - Initial Release
0.11 - Patch for initial release

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05 November 2008 16:11 EDT (US)     120 / 122       
Would it not be best to upload a complete 0.11 file or add something about it to the description for 0.1? Otherwise, people will not realise that there is a patch.

-Love Gaius

Primo
Legionary
posted 20 November 2008 18:36 EDT (US)     121 / 122       
Planning to release 0.2 soon, so no matter.

Primo
Legionary
posted 20 November 2008 18:56 EDT (US)     122 / 122       
i think there's bug in this game. whenever u use legionary first cohort, the game just hang, due to missing battle_model_unit. i've checked it and the model directory that's use does not exists.

data/models_unit/textures/ferres/unit_roman_first_legion_ii_ julii.tga

see, the ferres folder does not exists. Yeah i think that's the problem. but other than that, this mod is stable.
Thanks for pointing that out. I looked and it does indeed point to the wrong directory. I've fixed it and the problem won't exist in 0.2. I've decided not to update for the current version since few people get legionary cohorts in the campaign and the next version *should* be coming out soon.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames