You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.122 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 27 April 2008 08:04 EDT (US)         
Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released

This mod adds the Etruscans to the vanilla campaign game. It also merges the Romans into one faction and makes some other small changes as well.

So without further ado, the mod:

The Etruscans

The Etruscans were once the dominant faction on Italy, but since the Romans grew to power the Etruscans were absorbed into the empire, and Loyalists fled to nearby Corsica.

Now it is time for the Etruscan peoples to fight back. Etruria is already under Etruscan control and with the Romans reeling from the recent blow, the Etruscans are already looking south to Rome...

The Etruscan territories:

Etruscan Noble Cavalry:

More screenies:

With the promise that the tyrannical rule of Rome would be overthrown, the Gauls have sent many of their best cavalrymen to aid the Etruscans in their plight. With the recapture of Etruria, the Gauls have also sent some of their best hunters, in an effort to aid the Etruscan war machine...

While far away from Gaul, in the Greek province of Laconia, the world's best warriors board ship, and set sail for the island of Corsica. With an Etruscan/Greek alliance firmly in place, and the Gauls merrily supporting their cause, all looks set for the Etruscans to take back what is rightfully theirs...

Thanks to:
SubRosa, for her continued support and assistance during the making of this mod.
SrJamesTyrrel, for his gift unit and help.
EoJ, for his support and generally being a nice guy.
misplacedgeneral, or misplacedpope, for historical information on the Etruscans.
PrivateClark, for his contributions and help on various units and UI cards.
King Louise Assurbanipal, for his amazing unit skins for Greek, Roman and Gallic units.
The Modding Legions team, for letting me use their amazing Roman skins.
Arkrai, for his Unified Rome mod which formed the base of this mod.
TotalWarFanatic for his Spartan Hoplite skin.
And anyone else I've forgotten.

This mod uses mod-switch so it will not affect your original game files.

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com/etruscansrar/;11680958;/fileinfo.html
You will need winrar to open it.
http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Changelog:

0.1 - Initial Release

0.11 - Fixed CTD caused by Roman artillery.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 09-21-2008 @ 05:01 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
SrJamesTyrrel
Legionary
posted 12 August 2008 14:24 EDT (US)     51 / 122       
it's old in this discussion but all you modders should know that horses are always scaled down to 0.875!! That horse in the unit card is about 15% larger than he should be :O
Primo
Legionary
posted 28 August 2008 22:31 EDT (US)     52 / 122       
Ok, you'll be glad to know I'm back to work, currently sweating to build appropriate houses of worship for the almighty Etruscan gods. For the first version there will be at least three, more will probably introduced in updates, but I want to get the mod out there.

Gods:
Tinia (equivalent to Jupiter)
Sethlans (equivalent to Hephaestus)
Laran (equivalent to Mars)

Any comments and/or suggestions, post in this thread.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Primo
Legionary
posted 29 August 2008 05:15 EDT (US)     53 / 122       
If anyone's willing, I could do with someone to do the maps on the faction description page at the beginning of the campaign for the Romans and Etruscans.

PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 29 August 2008 13:51 EDT (US)     54 / 122       
it's old in this discussion but all you modders should know that horses are always scaled down to 0.875!! That horse in the unit card is about 15% larger than he should be :O
Really? i knew the horses where to big but i didnt know the exact amount i needed to scale them down, thanks SrJames.
SrJamesTyrrel
Legionary
posted 29 August 2008 15:51 EDT (US)     55 / 122       
no prob

that's how it's listed in EDU, and i tihnk there's a note somewhere for when they changed it, they made all the horse models first and then went "oops! too big!"
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 29 August 2008 17:22 EDT (US)     56 / 122       
Primo
Legionary
posted 01 September 2008 13:51 EDT (US)     57 / 122       
Ok, stuff that needs doing that I can't do, if anyone's interested please reply:

Changing Roman and Etruscan description map.
Changing Corsican phalanx model so it has sword and javelins

Subject to change.

Edit: I should have the first public alpha of the mod released tomorrow. So for all those that have been waiting on the edge of their seats for this release are about to be satisfied.

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 09-01-2008 @ 03:29 PM).]

SrJamesTyrrel
Legionary
posted 01 September 2008 16:57 EDT (US)     58 / 122       
Send me all 4 .CAS files and i can change the weapon for the hoplites in about 5 minutes.

Send me the images files for the map for the following factions:

-scipii preview or whatever color you used for etruscans
-julii preview or whatever color you used for the romans
-selucids preview or any preview that has all of italy and corsica unoccupied
-regions map with starting roman cities indicated (i can see etruscans from your screenshots)

...and i can make the preview maps in about 10 minutes.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 01 September 2008 18:24 EDT (US)     59 / 122       
Primo
Legionary
posted 01 September 2008 20:48 EDT (US)     60 / 122       
You sound like an assassin. Cheers.

Ok, I'll send you those in a min.

EDIT: James, would it be possible for your email so I can send them straight to you?

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 09-01-2008 @ 10:07 PM).]

SrJamesTyrrel
Legionary
posted 02 September 2008 07:45 EDT (US)     61 / 122       
sorry, I keep thinking it's public:

donteatbadgers@yahoo.com
Primo
Legionary
posted 02 September 2008 15:03 EDT (US)     62 / 122       
Sent. And thanks for the soldier, he's awesome. Would love to have a version with a sword though.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02 September 2008 17:25 EDT (US)     63 / 122       
Brilliant, Primo. You know I'll be downloading

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Primo
Legionary
posted 02 September 2008 18:11 EDT (US)     64 / 122       
Finally, after months of blood, sweat and tears, this mod is released! read the OP for info. The file comes with a readme for installation. Enjoy folks!

Any problems, glitches or bugs please report them in this thread.

Andalus
Legionary
posted 02 September 2008 18:20 EDT (US)     65 / 122       
Aha! A download! Yay!

So you're using the Modding Legions skins? Great, I love those.
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 02 September 2008 20:51 EDT (US)     66 / 122       
sweet *downloads*

Been meaning to ask, is it just me or are the roman legion helmets seem very shiney and reflective?
SrJamesTyrrel
Legionary
posted 02 September 2008 21:12 EDT (US)     67 / 122       
Ok got the files and figured out how to properly replicate, is there any way you could list exactly what provinces belong to your roman faction?

Also, do the etruscans have sardinia, or just arretium and Corsica? Putting them into border-contact with carthage might be begging for trouble...

I can replace the spear with a sword as you like, the model has both properly unwrapped (sword is secondary weapon) i just forgot that you can't edit those. While I'm at it, would you prefer sword and shield, or just a sword like a typical officer? It should make little so long as the skeletons are right.

[This message has been edited by SrJamesTyrrel (edited 09-02-2008 @ 09:27 PM).]

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 02 September 2008 21:33 EDT (US)     68 / 122       
I had some time to poke around a little bit and noticed a few things.

First the description of Rome in the Faction Selection menu is that of House Julii. You should change it to be about Rome overall.

Second is the victory conditions for the Etruscans are still the same as those of the Scipii, at least for the short campaign (defeat Carthage and Numidia). You ought to change that to Rome and maybe someone else.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 09-02-2008 @ 09:36 PM).]

Primo
Legionary
posted 03 September 2008 06:15 EDT (US)     69 / 122       
SrJamesTyrrel: I would like a sword and shield please.
I can list them here: Segesta, Rome, Ariminum, Capua.

Clark: Yes, these are the modding legions skins, and they have more gloss maps than you can shake a gladius at.

SubRosa: I'm planning to release a little patch soon, that will fix those things.

Any more feedback and comments would be welcome.

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 09-03-2008 @ 06:32 AM).]

Selifator
Legionary
posted 03 September 2008 09:16 EDT (US)     70 / 122       
Any chance of changing the faction sign? Don't know if that is already in the planning but the first impression I got was "Hey Scipii", and for a mod that can't be the purpose.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Primo
Legionary
posted 03 September 2008 09:59 EDT (US)     71 / 122       
It will be changed at some point, probably in the next release or so. The roman symbol will be changed to the eagle as well.

SrJamesTyrrel
Legionary
posted 03 September 2008 10:41 EDT (US)     72 / 122       
As with the maps, you can write down an idea and it's the work of a moment to put the files together.

will put maps together when I get home .
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 03 September 2008 11:30 EDT (US)     73 / 122       
I will download now.

Edit: The bodyguard looks like the sprite is the old Scipii one. Is that how it is generated?

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...

[This message has been edited by Ischenous (edited 09-03-2008 @ 01:13 PM).]

Primo
Legionary
posted 03 September 2008 13:53 EDT (US)     74 / 122       
If anyone's struggling (as if!) A quick tip: expand quickly.

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 03 September 2008 16:54 EDT (US)     75 / 122       
The roman symbol will be changed to the eagle as well.
You could take the one that the SPQR uses.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames