You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Romano British Starting Army
Bottom
Topic Subject:Romano British Starting Army
jgenard
Legionary
posted 26 March 2019 09:11 EDT (US)         
I've made hordes stronger, which has had a profound effect on the campaign. Hording factions now take a lot more to get destroyed, which makes the strat map look way more interesting. But one faction that never seems to accomplish anything are the Romano-British. Where can I find the file that decides the makeup their starting forces (they've got to be at least three stacks, and I only ever have to face one when taking Britain...
The name of the Faction leader seems to be randomized, but it's not a hording faction, so that army must be a regular one. It's not in descr_strat.txt, that's for sure.
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 26 March 2019 12:53 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
You will find that in your folder named Rome Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion.

Look for the descr_strat.txt.

Make a back-up before you start toying with that!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
jgenard
Legionary
posted 27 March 2019 05:56 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
No, it's not there... I've really looked for it quite comprehensively. Maybe it's got something to do with their starting denarii.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 28 March 2019 13:47 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Are you using the disc version, or the Steam version?

I ask because that file I wrote, in the BI/data bla bla bla folder, comes from the disc version and lists the starting units and commanders, as well as city size, population, allegiance, starting denarii, and a host of other information.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
jgenard
Legionary
posted 04 April 2019 10:03 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
The Feral Interactive Apple Store version.

I've deduced from some try out campaigns that their starting treasury is used on that first army, which is apparently randomized. I've given them 20.000 denarii, so now they appear with an almost full stack of very experienced legionaries and graal knights. I'd rather prefer them to appear with 4 armies of medium troops and a couple of family members, like the Slavs...
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 06 April 2019 06:45 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
How a faction spends its money is determined by a two-word phrase in the descr_strat file. For example, the Romans in RTW:

factionromans_julii, comfortable caesar
factionromans_brutii, balanced stalin
factionromans_scipii, bureaucrat napoleon
and the senate:
factionromans_senate, comfortable napoleon

Try finding the phrase for the faction who behaves like you want, and copy that to the line of the faction whose behavior you wish to change. Always, ALWAYS make a back-up copy first and store it somewhere outside the game folder!!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames