You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Legion Names for Ordinary Units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Legion Names for Ordinary Units
jgenard
Legionary
posted 20 April 2019 03:13 EDT (US)         
You know how First Cohors units are given extra legion names, like Legio I Italica? I would like to be able to give things like that to ordinary units. I know it's possible cause The Italian Wars Mod did it in M2TW. But how, and where!
AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 20 April 2019 19:27 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I know the names for each of the legions (by region) are in the descr_regions file (in data/world/maps/base folder).

In the export_descr_unit file, there's an attribute called "legionary_name". I would expect if you gave that to any other unit, it would be named the same way as the Comitatanses First Cohorts. I'm not sure how it would handle training the different units in the same city in terms of iterating the numbers, but you can play around with that.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
jgenard
Legionary
posted 05 May 2019 06:30 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I tried it, it works! Sadly not all regions have individual Legio names... But it definitely works. I've now updated it to all Comitatenses unit types. It would be great if we could mod it further, but alas...
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 07 May 2019 20:17 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
If you modified the descr_regions file and changed the names for the "duplicate" regions, you could make additional unique ones.

You would probably also need to modify the descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup file to make that work.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own

[This message has been edited by General Sajaru (edited 05-07-2019 @ 08:26 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames