You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Faction Leader & Heir Titles
Bottom
Topic Subject:Faction Leader & Heir Titles
jgenard
Legionary
posted 05 May 2019 06:43 EDT (US)         
Modding BI, I'd like to give the Roman Faction Leaders the full Late Roman Regnal title when they become Heir and Faction Leader, and I think the best way to do it is by adding a 'nickname' to the trait of 'Faction Leader', which, like 'Signifer' and others, is gained when a character has the trait of Roman Faction Leader.
Does anyone know if this would work? I'm trying stuff out as we speak.

I would give them the title of 'Flavivs Avgvstvs Imperator Romanorvm'. It would make sense that, even someone not of the Flavian family, when becoming Emperor, they would take the Flavian name to legitimize their becoming emperor.
AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 07 May 2019 20:55 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
To do this, you would have to do the following. Add a line as follows in the export_descr_character_traits file:

Trait RomanFactionleader
Characters family
ExcludeCultures barbarian, nomad, eastern, carthaginian, hun
AntiTraits RomanFactionheir

Level Augustus
Description Augustus_desc
EffectsDescription Augustus_effects_desc
Epithet Augustus_epithet_desc
Threshold 1

Then, you would need to modify the export_descr_VnVs_enums file by finding the Augustus_effects_desc line and adding "Augustus" in its own line above that and "Augustus_epithet_desc" on the line below it; it would look like this:

Loyalty_Starting_Value_effects_desc
Augustus
Augustus_effects_desc
Augustus_epithet_desc
Caesar_effects_desc

Finally, you would have to modify the export_VnVs file (in data/text) by finding the trait {Augustus} and adding the following line:

--------------------

{Augustus}Augustus

{Augustus_desc}
Being the Emperor of half the Roman World gives this man a certain amount of power and influence regardless of his ability.

{Augustus_epithet_desc}Flavivs Avgvstvs Imperator Romanorvm

--------------------

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
jgenard
Legionary
posted 08 May 2019 13:24 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Hey man, it's really great that you gave such a full and helpful reply. Thanks! But it unfortunately doesn't work... I double and triple checked, and it simply doesn't do the trick. Any idea what it might be?
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 09 May 2019 19:30 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
With the vanilla starting traits, your faction leader already has another epithet (the Wrathful), which is added afterwards. Either edit the descr_strat file (in data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion) to remove the other trait, or use the give_trait command to re-add it at the end. Here's a screenshot of it:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames