I was too rushed in getting the original Desktop Theme uploaded and so some files were left out, some wrong files, and some people wanted a few improvements too.
- All sounds are now 44kHz/Mono. Most originals from game were mono anyway.
- The Critical Stop sound (Charge Horn) is just the horn alone with no voice
- Icons for all factions have been included
- All icons are now in 48x48/32/24/16 sizes
ALTERNATIVE (Manually Edit Theme File):
1. Open up the .Theme file with Notepad
2. Highlight the directory path of one of the entries and do a search/replace-all of the path for a new one. Example,
Find: D:StorageDesktop ThemesRome Total War
Replace: C:ThemesRome Total War
3. Copy the Font File (.TTF) into the WindowsFonts folder
4. Go to Display Control Panel and choose the theme.
Warning: The .theme file will also change the look of your Windows and some other looks. Do a manual install (above) if you are unsure.
The sounds are a nice change from the default windows ones, or whatever ones you happen to have. The icons are good if you use all those things like the Recycle Bin, My Computer, etc. on your desktop. The desktop is pretty good, not great. Overall this is a nice change if you've been staring at the plain old windows theme forever. Change is good ;)