***Sorry reviewer I just found a major omission after my 3rd round of testing***
Dominant Carthage v 1.1 for Mundus Magnus
Carthage has never been a real force in the campaigns, RTW vanilla or Mundus Magnus. 95% of the time, Carthage will either be destroyed or completely marginalized by the Scipii. How fun can this be? So within my modest modding skills, I've gone ahead and made some changes that will make Carthage more competitive in the campaign map. Here are my list of modifications to improve Carthage's survival while making it reasonably fair:
1. Weaken Scipii and Brutii factions with fewer troops and half the money (2500 denarii) and +50,000 denarii to Carthage
2. Gave Carthage large starting armies of poenis/long shields/forest elephants in Spain/Africa/Sicily
3. Buffed up Iberians with a higher attack (8 attack), defense (6 defense skill), and morale (level 5 morale).
4. Boosted range and attack of Carthage's slingers (range 120 attack of 10)
5. Added archers to the Carthage lineup and boosted attack to 8 and range of 170
6. Buffed up Libyan spearmen with higher attack (7 attack) and better morale (level 7 morale).
7. Buffed up melee damage of poeni infantry to 8
8. Moved Libyan and poeni infantry down one level.
9. Moved down Sacred band cavalry and infantry 1 level and took away the religious building requirement
Bug Note: The Carthaginian archer unit card is blue, the same as Numidia. Sorry, I'm not that good at modding but the archer unit on the battlefield is white and that's all that matters!
Requirements: Rome Total War and the Mundus Magnus map mod
Installation Directions: I will list the file and then after the colon that is where the file should be dropped in. If the folder is not there (as may be the case with the tga files) just create the folder and drop it in. Double-check your work and always back up everything! I take no responsibility for loss work or crashes!
export_descr_unit.txt : C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarData
export_descr_buildings.txt: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarData
descr_model_battle.txt: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarData
descr_strat.txt: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDataworldmapscampaignmundus_magnus
UNIT_CARTHAGE_ARCHER.TGA.DDS: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDatamodels_unit
CARTHAGINIAN_ARCHER_INFO.TGA: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDataUIUNIT_INFOCARTHAGE
#CARTHAGINIAN_ARCHER.TGA: C:Program FilesActivisionRome - Total WarDataUIUNITSCARTHAGE
Enjoy! Any questions? E-mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org