This is a simple mod designed to make unit stats more realistic without altering game files too much.
This mod keeps all the changes from the first version of RTW King's Realism Mod, and also adds several more changes. These are changes made in Version 1:
- Unit upkeep costs have for most units been reduced, but mercenaries are more expensive
- 'Elite' Units are generally more expensive to avoid whole armies of nobles and veterans
- Siege equipment have extremely low upkeep costs
- Generals Bodyguard have no upkeep costs
- Cavalry take at least 2 turns to train
- Cavalry are generally slightly poorer
- Cavalry have significantly improved charge bonus
- Generals Bodyguard sizes increased to that of standard cavalry units
- Chariots are tougher and have significantly more attack
- Elephants have less armour but much more attack
- Javelineers generally have less ammo but do a lot more damage
- Armour values have been made more realistic, so half-naked barbarians like Swordsmen no longer have 3 armour, for example
- Barbarians have improved morale and attack, but usually no armour
- Hastati and Principes can form Testudo
- Night Raiders can now hide anywhere
- Head Hurlers now throw heads then charge
Version 2 Changes:
- Dacian General problem fixed so now available in Custom Battle
- Many barbarian units now use horde formations
- Chariots now use horde formations
- Peasant charge bonuses fixed
- Lots of officers added to units (including cavalry)
- Berserkers significantly improved
- Mercenaries much more common
- Barbarian Cavalry Mercenaries availabe in Britain mercenary pool
hurry up and tell me how to install this to my game or make a readme or sommthing
Posted on 08/02/05 @ 11:23 AM
I can help, I dont think he reads this often, it's rather easy installation, copy the donwload file (export_descr_unit) and open your rome total war directory, open the data folder from there. Paste the file in there. And say yes, to replace the original file, but I suggest you copy the original file and rename it something else, because if you dont you cant play online.
Posted on 08/03/05 @ 06:48 PM
can u make me a reskin of the oliphaunt like the lotr and maybe whith a archer tower in its back
Posted on 08/07/05 @ 08:02 AM
the bersercars are to good and principes, legioniere, pretorian urban ...are to week it takes 660 urban corhets to beet 160 bersekers
Posted on 08/07/05 @ 10:28 AM
Urbans and paetorians are really just guards and town watch units....they werent really sent out into war as legions.
RTW King File Author
Posted on 08/08/05 @ 11:47 AM
Can someone please give me a rating on the mod and not whether they are able to install it or not?
BTW, I'll fix the Berserkers and Cohorts for V3.
Posted on 03/12/06 @ 01:46 PM
YET Praetorian Cohorts were the elite. They served as the garrison in Rome. You'd think that the Emperors would entrust the guard of the most powerful city in the world to elite, powerful guards. They would have little problem dealing with berserking barbarians. Equal losses if not a few more at most.
Posted on 06/05/06 @ 08:02 PM
ur right...any legionairy who has done some kind of act of bravery/valour in battle could be reccomended as a praetorian. So the praetorians were really skilled legionaries taken from all over the empire who have proved themselves in battle. Urbans were trained just as well as legionaries, yet they never fought in battle. Never understood why they were elites in the game, while regular legionaries were actually better than em...