Ok so this is a replacement for the export_descr_buildings file in RTW.
This mod basically makes it easier to keep public order for people who are tired of having to raze buildings every time they capture a new city just to reduce culture penalty. Hopefully the changes are seen as somewhat realistic. A short list of changes follows.
- Most military buildings now add a law bonus due to garrisons being stationed.
- Walls now add a happiness bonus.
- Sewage buildings and bath now add a happiness bonus as well as a health bonus.
- Academic buildings add a significant bonus to both law and health due to the training of doctors, judges, etc..
- Roman temples are now available to all roman families regardless of faction. For you strategists that includes access to Deceres and Corvus Quinquiremes so don't forget to build a naval temple or two.
- Build times have been slightly reduced to lessen the importance of the Mauseleum of Halicarnassus. Instead of a 2,3,4,6,7 most are now 1,2,3,4,6.
I realize this makes an already pretty easy game even simpler but really who wants to conquer a city, and then have to raze buildings and rebuild for 20 turns just to get rid of a culture penalty.
Also it seems to make the game a little harder because the AI previously had problems building armies due to problems keeping it's cities in-line. Maybe it's just me but I recall several games where the other families never even moved beyond their starting cities. With this mod the Scipii quickly take all of northern africa while the Brutii usually take all of Greece, Macedon, and a fair chunk of Dacia. This makes for a more exciting "civil war" at the endgame.