You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.323 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holy Roman Party XVIII: Australians All Let Us Rejoice!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10 January 2017 23:52 EDT (US)         
Australia: The Land Where Everything IS Trying to Kill You

THATíS right everyone- of course I would do an Australian themed Holy Roman Party. Or should I say HOLY AUSTRALIAN PARTY! Australia is the land of Dangerous Animals, dangerous weather, and dangerous women! Our cemeteries are so full cause everyone is dying to get in them! Itís a land where most of the people believe that centuries of injustice to the aboriginal peoples can be wiped away by a little apology!

Oh, and by the by, Australiaís military record is pretty good too! You would expect people from a land where the weather, women and animals are so dangerous to be pretty decent shots- and hardy! Aussies and New Zealanders paired together in World War One creating one of the worldís most iconic and instantly recognised acronyms- ANZAC. Australia is proud (and very defensive) of its ANZAC tradition- so fine travellers, when you get to Australia donít mention that most of our troops in WW1 were aggressive and violent thieves and brawlers, even though they most certainly were!

Although Australians love to break the rules, these are some that cannot be broken in this thread:

1.Donít be a flamin Galah (look this up if necessary)! No Flaming

2.Trolls were left behind in Europe due to the lack of space on the convict ships. No Trolling

3.Fishing is one of Australiaís prime industries, we just donít like competition. No Baiting

4.We really tire of hearing how we are all descended from convicts- so donít tell us more then once a week! No double posting unless a week has passed

5.Only the golden oldies still love a nice tin of heavily processed meat! No Spam

6.We landed on Australia because we stole rule 6.

7.And then once released we went and stole rule 7.

8.Here in Aussie, a bit of stupidity- like trying to tickle a brown snake, can get you killed. No Stupidity! But the long hot days need a bit of humour to help them pass. Silliness, on the other hand, is allowed

Winners of the Order of Australia:
100: DominicusUltimus
476:
500:
1000:
1066:
1337:
1415:
1500:
1788:
1901:
2000:
2500:

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-16-2017 @ 01:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 11 January 2017 08:17 EDT (US)     1 / 323       
Given the Australian theme (of which I of course heartily approve), it seems an appropriate time to recognise also its role in respect of rule 6:

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 11 January 2017 10:52 EDT (US)     2 / 323       
Awesome job, Awesome Eagle.

Me likes!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 11 January 2017 12:47 EDT (US)     3 / 323       
Thanks.

The only thing I struggled with is getting g the heading to enlarge. Suggestions/help?

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 12 January 2017 07:14 EDT (US)     4 / 323       
Can't check for sure since you can't edit a locked thread, but I'm pretty sure the header in the last thread was...

<font size=8>Test</font>

Test

house won this
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12 January 2017 11:54 EDT (US)     5 / 323       
Edited accordingly.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 12 January 2017 21:03 EDT (US)     6 / 323       
hmm. Thanks Jax and Terikel.

But anyway.

2017: Do you think it will be as bad as 2016 was?

General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 12 January 2017 23:12 EDT (US)     7 / 323       
I like the theme.

2017 has a lot of different things going for and against it. I guess we'll all have to find out together.

By the way, on Rule 4, it should be "unless a week has passed".

Edit: it's good of Jax to join us, otherwise it'd be a staff-only party.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own

[This message has been edited by General Sajaru (edited 01-12-2017 @ 11:13 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 13 January 2017 12:06 EDT (US)     8 / 323       
Jax is ex-Staff.

Does that still count?

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 13 January 2017 15:04 EDT (US)     9 / 323       
I like the theme.

2017 has a lot of different things going for and against it. I guess we'll all have to find out together.

By the way, on Rule 4, it should be "unless a week has passed".
Thanks- and fixed.

Well i see that overnight the US House of Reps has started to repeal Obamacare so it looks like 2017 will be alot worse for some people.:/
Jax is ex-Staff.

Does that still count?
But he isnt staff at the moment so it is a bit of a grey area.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 16 January 2017 06:51 EDT (US)     10 / 323       
The beginning of my 2016 was a lot better than the beginning of my 2017 so there is that.

house won this
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 17 January 2017 03:14 EDT (US)     11 / 323       
Ouch- sucks to hear Jax. TBH, I am kinda with you there. Something gives me a bad feeling about 2017. I kinda hope things start looking up soon though.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 17 January 2017 09:09 EDT (US)     12 / 323       
Haha I only meant in regards to the fact the start of 2016 was really good for me and so far I've done exactly nothing of note this year

house won this
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 17 January 2017 16:07 EDT (US)     13 / 323       
It finished and I missed it.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 18 January 2017 08:06 EDT (US)     14 / 323       
You should pop by more often, then maybe you can catch the next one.

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 18 January 2017 20:46 EDT (US)     15 / 323       
Although i think you might have a bit of a wait Gaius.

Looks like i might be travelling to Canberra in a couple weeks for a research trip. i havent been there since 2006. Should be a nice trip

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 19 January 2017 10:55 EDT (US)     16 / 323       
Have a nice trip, and don't get too drunk sample too much of the local beverages.

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 22 January 2017 04:49 EDT (US)     17 / 323       
Not much chance of that. The missus is coming along to lend a hand.

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 22 January 2017 15:11 EDT (US)     18 / 323       
Straya?

It looks a nice property tbf

ē EDORIX ē
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Jax
HG Monument
posted 25 January 2017 07:06 EDT (US)     19 / 323       
Not much chance of that. The missus is coming along to lend a hand.
Surely it's better being wasted with your partner because you know you have someone 100% reliable to look out for you

house won this
Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 26 January 2017 02:46 EDT (US)     20 / 323       
In the spirit of this thread, I should point out that it's Australia Day today.

I am observing Australia's national day in time-honored fashion and in accordance with our traditions. Hic

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 26 January 2017 14:26 EDT (US)     21 / 323       
So amusement or horror at the clown show in Washington?

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 27 January 2017 01:26 EDT (US)     22 / 323       
Speaking as someone experiencing the show firsthand, amusement and resignation. I pass my time proclaiming feigned support and love for the Trumperator just to piss off the liberals and feminists that populate my social circle

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 28 January 2017 05:54 EDT (US)     23 / 323       
Some of these spambots are quite amusing.

Back to the thread.

Trump? Well, he seems to be delivering on his campaign promises, for better or worse. That makes him not a politician.

He is a bit thin-skinned and with too big a mouth for my tastes, but he does seem to do as he says, which I find refreshing for somebody in Washington. Of course the emdia treats him like a pariah, and the Democrats were whining and protesting before he even got into office, so I can't really show any sympathy for them. Let the man make mistakes then jump all over him. What they are doing now makes them seem like pantywaist whining sore losers. Donald won, Hillary lost, now get over it and come together as a country again.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 30 January 2017 03:47 EDT (US)     24 / 323       
Donald won, Hillary lost, now get over it and come together as a country again.
This point of view is pretty sickening and not how democracy has worked... ever?

house won this
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 30 January 2017 10:35 EDT (US)     25 / 323       
Are we really going to bring that discussion in here. I thought this was the party thread, not a political piss house.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames