You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Rest in peace, Johndisp. Former RTWH Staff Member
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rest in peace, Johndisp. Former RTWH Staff Member
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 20 February 2018 10:31 EDT (US)         
A sad day for HG, especially for all the oldies from RTWH.

Based on all the evidence I have collected (TWH census, obituary information, and his photo), it looks like Johndisp (real name John Reynolds) passed away on January 20th.

John was a very well-liked forummer who was also a staff member for a while. He was state trooper and former U.S. Airforce serviceman.

I admired John very much and looked up to him sort of like a father figure in the community. He played the "cool dad" type here. Had always lots of fun but kept people in check. You could tell John was passionate about history, the forums, the forum games, the war stories he wrote, and the content he produced and updated for the main page. He and Lorentius Vadis formed a dynamic duo on the forums. Known affectionately as "Loren", he was/is older than John but both had a U.S. military background. Forummers could often see them doing their thing in all kinds of threads, be it debates or movie quotes or history discussions.

If anyone so wishes, please offer condolences here and/or on the obituary page linked above. I also invite you to post your favourite memories of John and any relevant threads/quotes.

I will be searching through some old threads and posting some memorable moments/posts.

Requiescat in pace.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
AuthorReplies:
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 20 February 2018 11:06 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Gosh, if that is him that's very sad. Hope his family are doing ok- I don't have many memories of him apart from being the cool staff member who was very relaxed and had fun.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 20 February 2018 11:30 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
It is always sad when one of our own crosses over to the Afterlife.

Enjoy the beer and the rainbows, friend. And raise a horn once in a while to those of us left behind.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 02-23-2018 @ 12:27 PM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 February 2018 17:15 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Sad news. Very good bloke and mod here.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 23 February 2018 04:00 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Unfortunately i never had the pleasure of being around in his prime. Nevertheless, it is always a sad day when one of our own pass. Rest in Peace, and may your journey to Valhalla be smooth...

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 26 February 2018 14:33 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Found this old quote from Johndisp:
Well, most of you know that there is no secret to my beliefs. They are complex and might take a bit of explaining so here goes. I was raised a devote Baptist (a sect of Christianity), and have felt Godís presence in my life whenever I have sincerely looked for it. He has saved my life on two occasions when I felt like I should end it. Both times, the one person I needed to hear from called me at the exact right moment. When I have felt lost in the world with nowhere to turn, God has brought people into my life that was just what I needed.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
Kawada Shogo
Legionary
posted 28 February 2018 18:48 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
45 years old? That's far too young.

I never talked to him, I arrived at RTWH very late, but I've read a lot of older posts and I've seen some of his and I had a positive impression of him. Seemed like a nice, smart, good person.

Very sad news. R.I.P
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames