I have just noticed your last two posts with questions and advice.
1) May I ask why you took Carthage over Julii? I think the Julii would be better, for the fact that they are closer, so trade and the need of them of allies is greater, and they also allow alliances with Scipii and Brutii.
2) I think your big problem will be as you get more and more family members, your upkeep will skyrocket.
3) Perhaps you can allow yourself to take the rebel town to the North.""
4) Use a unit as bait to draw them across your border, then atack.
5)If you continue gaining fmaily members, I suggest beginning to dismiss your Barb cavalry.
6)Macedon destroyed, strange.
7) By the way, check out the strat section, I am having my own little campaign there, Too bad I am not so good at keeping up with pictures as you.
1) Good question. Thought about it a while before answering. In the game I chose Carthage quickly. I consider the Romans to be the long term threat and they wont honour their alliance. War with Julii will be inevitable wont it? Carthage wont ever be a threat to me. Carhtage already has lots of enemies. By being a ally of Carthage maybe it wont trade my map away (no foundation for believing this..but I hope it is true). As for trade I wont ever land or sea trade with Julii home provinces and it has yet to capture an adjacent region. Neither will I ever trade with Carthage.
2) You made a good call there. My posts were made before I saw your comment. Family members are becoming a pain. They take time to micromanage and money to maintain.
3) Gaining regions to the north would be easy. I admit I am tempted. Those rebel lands are no threat and would make some more income. However I will tread the path I committed to at the outset. Only the 5 regions Germany starts with.
4) Like the bait idea. Maybe an expendable family member? Maybe hide other units in a forest next to the bait. The hidden units act as reinforcements if the enemy attacks? I have been deliberately keeping weak forces in the border regions as I suspect the AI knows your strength and will attack if it finds an advantage.
5) Not my precious Barb cavalry ! I am attached to cavalry. Skirmishers will go first. Have to admit it makes sense though as I will soon have lots of heavy cavalry. Ive not built Gothic cavalry nor any more dogs for the same reasons.
6) Macedon. The faction graphs show Egypt,Greece,Scipii, Gaul and Julii as the top 5 factions. I have a spy on his way to the area. He is in northern Bylazora at the moment and can see devastation near the city but not the city itself. I will publish any intel I get next session.
7) Will go and check the Strat section now.
Thanks for your feedback.
German defensive: http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,2435,0,20
Huns : http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,2507,,20
Sassanids (BI): http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,2521,0,45
Celts & WRE: See War Stories thread