Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sepia Joust V - Make Me Laugh- Discussion Thread
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 31 August 2011 14:53 EDT (US)   
Here you can comment and discuss the Joust.

Please post only submissions in the Submissions Scroll. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, or my wrath, or whichever is the heavier penalty.

All other chat, drivel, smalltalk, discussions, and theories go here.

Thanks.

By the way, the Submissions Scroll will remain open for approximately one (1) month. When it closes, the Voting Scroll will open.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 09-02-2011 @ 10:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 31 August 2011 15:05 EDT (US)     1 / 30  
*Frantically scribbles*
posted 02 September 2011 06:53 EDT (US)     2 / 30  
So I just noticed the strangest phenomenon upon entering the Circle today Good Lord, please capitalize the "m" in "make" at your earliest convenience dear Terikel for it is such an eyesore to behold.

So how's everybody doing so far with their story?

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
posted 02 September 2011 07:00 EDT (US)     3 / 30  
Huh? What "m"? You feeling alright GKA?

Well in mine I have got to a point where I somehow need to transfer the story to the end. I know how the end is going to go and already have it half written in my head and a bit on paper, but I have no idea how to actually get there without just making people disorientated...

Then I need to re-write and edit. But I should be done soon.

Oh, and I hope it still counts, but my story is less of a "Funny story" and more as "A story that has funny bits in it".

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 09-02-2011 @ 07:00 AM).]

posted 02 September 2011 10:34 EDT (US)     4 / 30  
My piece will be posted on/about Tuesday or Wednesday, whichever comes first.

/jk

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
posted 06 September 2011 08:31 EDT (US)     5 / 30  
Mine is up.

The Joust ends on or about 30 September.

At this rate, I will definitely win.

posted 06 September 2011 08:58 EDT (US)     6 / 30  
Hey, not all of us have the writing skill of you and Edorix, so you'll just have to wait a bit longer!

Your story is... strange. I LOLed at quite a few bits, like the Vista part. I found this part hilarious:
Being a ‘gangsta from the hood’, he of course, naturally, held the piece parallel to the ground instead of perpendicular as one is supposed to hold a weapon.
Seems very well written, fits the theme of Comedy, but about just passed halfway through it seemed to get a bit repetitive and a bit hard to read.

Like all critics, I needed to state something bad about it oh, and I loved the Santa Clause bit.
posted 07 September 2011 08:35 EDT (US)     7 / 30  
Based on what I read just based on merit the story would have a good chance to win as well.
It reminded me a bit of the style of Terry Pratchett, although his stories are much longer. Having a librarian stand up to Demons and Angels without blinking, is something he would appreciate.

Really enjoyed it!

[This message has been edited by The Bald Eagle (edited 09-13-2011 @ 03:31 AM).]

posted 13 September 2011 03:12 EDT (US)     8 / 30  
I'm echoing Liam and Baldie because I'm too stupid to write something original.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
"You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix

posted 20 September 2011 11:13 EDT (US)     9 / 30  
Ten days remaining.

Get scribbling.

posted 20 September 2011 12:27 EDT (US)     10 / 30  
Where did all the time go??? :0

Is anyone else going to enter apart from Terikel and me(When I enter)? Because it is just cruel for me to win so easily.
posted 20 September 2011 13:11 EDT (US)     11 / 30  
Talk, talk, talk...

But can you walk the walk?

posted 20 September 2011 13:26 EDT (US)     12 / 30  
No, I will probably get a ride on the bus, or if I fail then my mum might give me a lift.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 09-20-2011 @ 01:34 PM).]

posted 21 September 2011 01:31 EDT (US)     13 / 30  
That's what I figured.

Not too many people these days use LPC's (leather personnel carriers; i.e., boots).

posted 21 September 2011 12:36 EDT (US)     14 / 30  
There was quite a lot of talk when we voted on the joust genre back then...

Btw Terikel I like your entry for its classiness just like last time. A lot of the jokes did get me, and I think Liam's going to have a tough time working up something more hysterical.

posted 25 September 2011 14:11 EDT (US)     15 / 30  
My entry is up. Please laugh at it. It is best reading it with family guy or something on in the background.

Anyone else gonna enter? Or are Terikel and I the only ones worthy enough? Bwahaha.

Critism on my piece is not welcomed. Be warned.
posted 26 September 2011 03:47 EDT (US)     16 / 30  
And here I was about to name you Liam the Wussy or some such...

Just when there is less than a week to go, the Spartan strides forward and presents... a damn fine tale! It caused laughter to erupt from me, and the moral of the story is so definitely true. Well done, Liamidas. A worthy contestant!

Are there others out there who wish to participate? There were many wagging tongues back in March when this was announced; so far only two have had the balls to put stories behind their words.

Kudos and congarats to Liamidas the Brave for his brilliant entry.

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 09-26-2011 @ 09:45 AM).]

posted 26 September 2011 09:46 EDT (US)     17 / 30  
Is there anybody else out there going to crawl out of the woodwork and Make Us Laugh?

posted 26 September 2011 11:30 EDT (US)     18 / 30  
I actually liked Liam's more. Especially the joke at the end

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
posted 26 September 2011 11:34 EDT (US)     19 / 30  
Why, thank you Terikel. I am glad I Made You Laugh.
Liamidas the Brave
This needs to go somewhere. I know, it will go into Edorix' Sig.
posted 01 October 2011 04:08 EDT (US)     20 / 30  
The Sepia Joust V is actually supposed to be officially closed today.

I will extend this by a day in case there are any hidden comedians out there who wish to post but have not yet had the nerve.

It's Put up or Shut up Day.

The Joust will close tomorrow, and then I will open the Voting Scroll so we can crown a champion.

posted 01 October 2011 23:42 EDT (US)     21 / 30  
I just read Liam's piece. So random and hilarious.

I'm having trouble deciding which to vote for. On one hand is Terikel's brilliantly envisioned construction and witty storytelling, and on the other, a piece that almost made me shit my pants. Seriously though gents, this Joust's entries both provide very good laughs, so get reading if you haven't already.

posted 02 October 2011 05:04 EDT (US)     22 / 30  
No creepy-crawlies coming forward to bust our guts with laughter?

No?

Then I am forced to declare the Joust closed.

Voting will commence shortly in the Voting Scroll.

posted 02 October 2011 06:18 EDT (US)     23 / 30  
This scroll shall close in or upon the First week in November, whichever comes first.
Brilliant.

posted 02 October 2011 07:54 EDT (US)     24 / 30  
Oh... I was expecting at least one more person to enter...

Now get-a-voting!
posted 11 October 2011 06:53 EDT (US)     25 / 30  
Voting is open, in case anyone was wondering.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Sepia Joust V - Make Me Laugh- Discussion Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames