You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval & Shogun: Total War

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval & Shogun: Total War » African total war?
Bottom
Topic Subject:African total war?
spartan223
Legionary
posted 05 June 2007 16:28 EDT (US)         
what do you reckon that would be like?
AuthorReplies:
Jubelu
Banned
posted 05 June 2007 16:41 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Which period you are talking about. During Medieval Age, largely Northern Africa was ruled under Muslim Empires (Almohads, Egypt and then Turkey). If this Total War falls into the 19th century period then most likely would be:

The Zulu
The Boer War
Imperialism and The Scramble For Africa
bloodswan
The Shaman
posted 06 June 2007 01:04 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
The Blemmye, Ethipians and Nubians all had decent enough armies in ancient and medieval times as did the Malian empire plus then you have the nomadic Taureg and Berbers and various Islamic empires. You could set it in any time period.

In more recent times ofcourse there are the Zulu but don't count out the powerful East African tribes such as the Hehe, Ruga ruga and the infamous Masai to name but a few. That's not even mentioning West and North or touching the surface of South and East.

In war wolves are smarter than men. We Mongols learned from them how to hunt, how to encircle, even how to fight a war. There are no wolf packs where you Chinese live, so you haven't learnt how to fight a war. You can't win a war just because you have lots of land and people. No, it depends on whether you're a wolf or a sheep.
Jubelu
Banned
posted 06 June 2007 02:50 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I don't know, I don't like Africa although I love Morroco, why we cannot include them. I still have friends in Cameroon too
Essayons89
Legionary
posted 06 June 2007 03:37 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Other than Carthage and the Numidians, what were the other strong African nations/tribes/city states/etc. during the time of the second and third Punic War?
bloodswan
The Shaman
posted 06 June 2007 04:09 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
The Libyans were famed warriors from since the time of Egypt and Liby-Phoenicians made up the bulk of the Carthaginian population. Perhaps at the time of the Punic wars South of Numidia lay various un-unified tribes. South of the Sahara there were probably a few kingdoms in West Africa too.

The Egyptians should have a Nubian archer unit in RTW or an Ethiopian guard unit or something. The Nubian archers were better than the Egyptians. The Egyptians themselves knew this and most Nubians recruited were not spearmen but archers.

In war wolves are smarter than men. We Mongols learned from them how to hunt, how to encircle, even how to fight a war. There are no wolf packs where you Chinese live, so you haven't learnt how to fight a war. You can't win a war just because you have lots of land and people. No, it depends on whether you're a wolf or a sheep.
Jubelu
Banned
posted 06 June 2007 04:45 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Is there any crucial information about the Southern segment of Africa. It is still mysterious to me
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 06 June 2007 04:47 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Not strictly relevant to this forum. Moved.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames