You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval & Shogun: Total War

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval & Shogun: Total War » A querie - best total war game?
Bottom
Topic Subject:A querie - best total war game?
NdChristie
Legionary
posted 20 July 2007 18:49 EDT (US)         
In playing, it seems that Medieval: Total War is without a doubt the best game in the series, with better gameplay, realism, and graphics that don't hold a candle to rome or m2 but are incredibly clear at the same time. Costing only $4 to get a copy compared to the $20 for Rome or $35 for m2, it's slightly astonishing that there isn't more talk about it on these boards. Does anyone else feel this way?
AuthorReplies:
TheGoldChevron01
Legionary
posted 21 July 2007 08:45 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
At the moment im more into MTW than MTW2 simply for its risk style board, which i feel makes it more challenging, and you dont have to spend years trapsing around the map to get to settlements which isnt really all that fun for me. I dont really care for graphics as much either as long as its fun to play. So yeh im with you.

Britain, Britain, Britain!... We've had running water for over ten years and we invented the cat... - Tom Baker
To die in battle is nothing. To live defeated is to die every day. - Napoleon Bonaparte

MTW1 Sicily AAR - Finished 01/09/2008
2009 Snorri Sturlusson Award. Thanks
TrueSpartan16
Legionary
posted 30 July 2007 05:39 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
well i think that rtw is the best because it was the first type of war as in fighting to conquer in lifes history its in B.C. guys and plus there isnt guns and crossbows which carried more power its just like gladiator type stuff but you may see other qualities in mtw that i dont see

-My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.-Russel Crowe

-This...Is...Sparta-Gerard Butler

-I came, I saw, I conquered-Cearser
Reble Leader
Legionary
posted 30 July 2007 05:52 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
MTW is a good game, but i agree with truespartan rome is definitely the best one in the series but MTW has a i don't need to go out and kill someone and then keep killing to survive feel because diplomacy has a higher part to play than in rome.

[This message has been edited by Reble Leader (edited 07-30-2007 @ 05:53 AM).]

Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 31 July 2007 13:08 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Medieval Total War for me was the most fun. I mean Rome had a far more entertaining multiplayer system, but Medieval's campaign was just far better than the others right now. Movement was far more convenient than it is now, especially naval movement. I find this form of transporting people on a ship from place to place is a bit more annoying and inconvenient. It's also very annoying that it takes several years to go from one end of the Mediterranean to the other while in Medieval 2, as long as you had good trade lanes, it was simple. In a way, I like the fact that now on the strategy map, one can pick where they're fighting exactly, but there was also a great deal of strategic depth coupled with simplicity that was great about the MTW map.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames