Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval & Shogun: Total War » Help with MTW
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help with MTW
TJtheKenyan
Legionary
posted 16 December 2008 19:46 EDT (US)         
I bought Total War: Eras a while ago and installed all the games. Medieval Total War is the one I'm having problems with. When I first installed it, everything worked fine. Now it has been a few months and the game has been installed and unistalled multiple times because of this problem. I can't play the campaign at all. The battles work fine though. Whenever I start a campaign the load bar gets complete, the game just shuts off. I don't think i've made any major changes to my computer that could have affected it. If anybody can help, please do. If I don't have enough info to solve the problem, reply back and I will answer any questions. If you want you may e-mail me at tay10@embarqmail.com. Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 17 December 2008 07:39 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Hi TJtheKenyan
Welcome to the forums. It might be worth your while to have a look at this thread.

MTW is an old game and sometimes newer computers can have trouble playing it.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Ischenous
Legionary
posted 17 December 2008 10:43 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
is this XP or Vista?

I managed to get Vista to play MTW butr I had to fiddle with screen resolution and compatability mode. Have you tried that?

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 17 December 2008 11:41 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Yea, I also installed MTW on my Vista laptop and it crashed a lot. I agree with Ischenous. Just keep trying different resolutions and compatibility modes and see if that helps.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Bulba Khan
Legionary
(id: stormer)
posted 17 December 2008 12:03 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
The exact same thing happened with me on my xp desktop and I tried different resoultions.

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
TJtheKenyan
Legionary
posted 21 December 2008 16:04 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I changed the resolutions and tried it but it still didn't work. I'm just giving up on the gave. Rome and Medieval 2 are much better.

[This message has been edited by TJtheKenyan (edited 12-21-2008 @ 04:15 PM).]

Palatine warrior
Legionary
posted 01 February 2009 04:08 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Does MTW play on XP. I can't upgrade to get M2TW and I've heard that this one is better anyway

I'm not playing all the wrong notes. I'm playing all the right notes. But not
nessescarily in the right order.- Eric Morcambe.
I have the body of a GOD!- Buddha...
www.Nottinghamrugby.co.uk
They have sown the wind, now they will reap the whirlwind.- Arthur "bomber" Harris.
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 01 February 2009 04:22 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Yeah, it does. The computer I play it on is XP anyway.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Palatine warrior
Legionary
posted 01 February 2009 04:27 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Nice.

I'm not playing all the wrong notes. I'm playing all the right notes. But not
nessescarily in the right order.- Eric Morcambe.
I have the body of a GOD!- Buddha...
www.Nottinghamrugby.co.uk
They have sown the wind, now they will reap the whirlwind.- Arthur "bomber" Harris.
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 26 March 2009 13:20 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I once had a similar problem with Rome TW. Then I uninstalled AVG Antivirus Free 8.0, and the game ran fine again. I don't know if this is really relevant, but you might want to try uninstalling antivirus software... If you think it's worth the risk, or you don't need to use the internet too often.

Is there anywhere I can download this game? I couldn't run M2TW even if I wanted to.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 03-27-2009 @ 02:43 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames