Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval & Shogun: Total War » Help with MTW
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help with MTW
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 23 May 2009 00:37 EDT (US)         
Hello

WOW this forum has been inactive for a long time.

I was just wondering weather in MTW you can retrain the units after a battle.

Thank You very much

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
AuthorReplies:
Andalus
Legionary
posted 26 May 2009 05:38 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Yes, but, like in Medieval 2, it will take up a recruitment slot, so it is not worth doing it unless a unit has taken horrific casualties, or you are not training anything else. I always used to use my depleted 'good units' to buff up my garrisons. 17 Hobilars, or 32 Feudal MAA, etc, can add that vital edge to 300 Spearmen if you are invaded.

Anyhow, you do it by opening the recruitment screen, and dragging the unit icon of the unit you want retrained onto the recruitment bar. It will then be removed from your army, and will appear in the castle at full strength once it is retrained.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 27 May 2009 15:01 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Yes, but, like in Medieval 2, it will take up a recruitment slot, so it is not worth doing it unless a unit has taken horrific casualties
Or if the unit is a valuable experienced unit you want to keep!

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Andalus
Legionary
posted 27 May 2009 15:27 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Naturally. I can't imagine many people would retrain units like Peasants or Slav Levies, would they now?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames