You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Forts/Diplomats stop enemy movement?
posted 05 February 2005 12:39 EDT (US)   
I'm still trying to work out the things that stop an enemy armies movement. Diplomats seem to do this, if left in a pass they generally seem to prohibit other armies... but not entirely sure if this works 100% for Allied armies too?
Similarly with Forts. I've never had one attacked, and not had one bypassed by allies yet. But do they stop everything, including foreign Diplomats? Are they attackable?
I want to take over a lot more of the world before addressing the Problem of the Bruti & Scipii, and having curtailed their expansion possibilities, would like to create some impassable areas for them.
Can you build forts close enough together to create a 'Wooden' Curtain'? Not tried that yet.
Would really like to buy some nice sewers too instead of bribing all their armies out the way all the time....

Pax Romana.. Pax Britannia.. Pax Americana..INTERREGNUM RHOOPSIUM
Replies:
posted 05 February 2005 13:31 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Yes, you can use forts to build a wall across territories. Very useful, especially as a Seleucid player. After conquering the weak Brutii and Scipii, I didn't want to face the 25+ territory Julii in Italy. So, a turn and about three forts later, I'm secure.
posted 05 February 2005 19:01 EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Keep in mind that you can lay siege to a fort just like a settlement.
posted 05 February 2005 23:19 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
The logic has changed in 1.2. The logic would often ignore forts build on an enemy ground. This has been corrected. In addition, on the harder campaign levels the AI will now remove forts (by sieging) that block invasion routes.

I believe there is a behavior in the AI that still exists in the 1.2 version in which if a zoc blocks the AI will not reroute until the next season. I have noticed that placing a diplomat in a choke point causes on going armies and characters to stop for a season. However, it has been my experince that if the AI intends to invade rather than just send a feeler ... the Diplomat is not going to stop the army for good.

Crackaces

Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » Forts/Diplomats stop enemy movement?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames