You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: men with plague... i put them on a ship and nothing happens to them.
posted 29 September 2004 11:00 EDT (US)   
i left them on the sea... for 2 years and i kept getting a pop up saying your leader and men have the plague.

but noone was dying... exploit?

2 years at sea... im surprised they didnt die.

just from no food!

then i conquered a carthagian city on that really small island (playing as julii)

and now the plague is gone... hmmm or so it seems.

Replies:
posted 29 September 2004 11:20 EDT (US)     1 / 15  
Cool!
posted 29 September 2004 11:29 EDT (US)     2 / 15  
OMGOMGOMG! AN EXPLOIT! THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED!!! MUST NOT LET ANYONE KNOW!!

Seriously, pretty weird bug.

posted 29 September 2004 11:31 EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Post it in the butg report forum!!
posted 29 September 2004 12:05 EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Not an exploit IMO.

I had a assasin and some gladiators near patavium with the plague for ages and they didnt die.

posted 29 September 2004 15:21 EDT (US)     5 / 15  
Plagues come in different forms me thinks. Maybe they were just plagued with lice, or if at sea "crabs".
posted 29 September 2004 16:06 EDT (US)     6 / 15  
can you let them infect an enemy army?

SUPERDROIDEKA
posted 29 September 2004 17:06 EDT (US)     7 / 15  
sweet maybe im the discoverer... of a bug... or maybe not..

hahah

ive heard that you can run the units that are plagued to an enemy city or something and it plagues it... but for some reason i doubt it.

meh, plague isnt really annoying... was actually helpful to one of my larger cities brought the pop down so the people were more happy..

but on the army.. i have no idea.

this army was inside the city at the time, and the city lost 6000 population over.. 3 years.. then the plague was gone?

meh

posted 29 September 2004 17:33 EDT (US)     8 / 15  
Strange :S

Lucretius
posted 30 September 2004 01:39 EDT (US)     9 / 15  
I had a plague in a city for two years and no one died...
posted 30 September 2004 02:51 EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Maybe they need to patch this...
posted 30 September 2004 17:00 EDT (US)     11 / 15  
well how about this one..

since that turn, ive had my fleet of main ships infected with the plague... for 15 turns now..

so... heh i guess anything waterbased is not able to be damaged.

posted 04 October 2004 05:25 EDT (US)     12 / 15  
*suffers of scurvy*

Isn't scurvy on it?

[This message has been edited by English Patriot (edited 10-04-2004 @ 05:26 AM).]

posted 13 October 2004 18:40 EDT (US)     13 / 15  
i had a plagh in one of my citys and lost 10000 people
posted 13 October 2004 19:00 EDT (US)     14 / 15  
incase u guys didnt know how plague works, here is the clue:

once u contracted the plague, it will NOT CURE by it self. no matter how long it last, it will not Cure itself.

it will only stop if u put the Character/fleet commander in to a City/port. for 3-4 turns, then it will be automaticly cured. (how ever it means that city will get plagued as well).

and there is a small chance the one who has plague will die, u will see it in faction anouncement as death reason.
"nature cause, caught by plague etc etc"

plague spreads in different ways, move character with plague in to city / ship, will plague the ship commander or the city immediately.
if someone with plague is on the open, and u join up army with him, u will get plagued too. and as i mentioned before, it will not cure itself unless u go in to a city.

how ever, it is possible to have a character with plague in a city that just cured plague. but if u move the character out and go back in again, the city will once again be plagued.

posted 21 October 2004 08:15 EDT (US)     15 / 15  
This is excellent fun for Bio War potential... I know we can't lob rotting carcasses into enemy cities... but, as mentioned elsewhere, spy can be sent anywhere...
So now with a fleet holding the plague you could cycle "plague spies" through the fleet for one turn, then set them loose on your enemy cities... really useful when dealing with Rome as you could start bio warfare before they eventually turn on you... with no penalties.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » men with plague... i put them on a ship and nothing happens to them.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames