Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: culture penalty in cities
posted 21 October 2004 21:53 EDT (US)   
is there any way to lower the culture penalty on a city i already control? does this eventually go down as the city "romanizes"?
Replies:
posted 21 October 2004 22:36 EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Yes, as you advance your city from one size to another the culture penalty lowers.

I dont know exactly how to do it in another way though i have been trying with the destruction of the non-roman buildings and replace them with roman buildings wich seems to work.

[This message has been edited by Maurus Augustus (edited 10-21-2004 @ 11:00 PM).]

posted 21 October 2004 22:48 EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Temples do it. According to the Gamespot guide disbanding your troops or peasants from one of your other cities also lowers it. Also destroying the original buildings, particularly temples lowers the cultural penaly.
posted 21 October 2004 23:15 EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Also i think exterminating the people helps.

I told you I'd be back.
posted 22 October 2004 17:56 EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Non-state culture (hmm, EU terminology there) buildings incur a culture penatly, replace them with your own, either by upgrading them or razing them and rebuilding your on in their place (a must for temples).

Bah!
posted 22 October 2004 22:52 EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Some of the barbarian temples are insanely good though, its a shame to destroy them... one in Britain automatically gave 2 experience to troops trained there
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » culture penalty in cities
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames