You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » EDU not functioning correctly
Bottom
Topic Subject:EDU not functioning correctly
Asulen
Legionary
posted 27 April 2009 13:26 EDT (US)         
I recently unpacked all the game, and edited the export_descr_unit.txt to my liking in the Teutonic campaign, and it all worked great!

However, now when I modify the EDU, it doesn't use my modifications in the game. The Dismounted Ritterburder has 14atk/20def. I modified it to say 15atk/24def, yet when I start the game, it is still 14/20.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Inarus15
Legionary
posted 27 April 2009 13:46 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
This is just a guess but:

In your main Medieval 2 Total War folder, open preferences.cfg with notepad and scroll down to the bottom and type this:

[io]
file_first = true
Then save and close the file. Right click on the icon of preferences.cfg and go to properties. From there check the box next to read only and click apply. This will stop the game changing the file to the original content after one run. This way will not allow you to use show_err to find bugs. You have to run from a batch file for that but it does allow mods to work.

(copied from the guide to unpacking)
P.S. how did you unpack a mod? I cant do it.

SENATVS POPVLUSQUE ROMANVS
The Senate and People of Rome
Asulen
Legionary
posted 27 April 2009 15:00 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
ahHAH! that did it too, thanks bud.

And to unpack, I am running vista. Right click your MTW2 icon and open 'open file location' I dont know if you need the 1.05 patch or not, but I dont think i had it when i unpacked.

open the folder 'tools' then 'unpacker' and open 'unpack_all'. on mine its right under the ReadMe.txt but it may be placed different for you. Thats all I did, it prompts for you to hit y and enter 3 times, and then it unpacks for a few minutes. Afterwards, your good!
Inarus15
Legionary
posted 28 April 2009 14:46 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Ive unpacked the main files but cannot unpack the crusades, britain campaign, teutonic or americas. any ideas?

SENATVS POPVLUSQUE ROMANVS
The Senate and People of Rome
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 21 May 2009 11:15 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
There is information here on unpacking and also on the troubles of unpacking with Vista. Basically Vista sticks all the unpacked files in a hidden folder, which you have to dig out!

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames