You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Teleporting armies
Bottom
Topic Subject:Teleporting armies
theboyne
Legionary
posted 27 April 2009 17:16 EDT (US)         
To set the scene.

I control Gaza and have 6 armies in forts along the border.

The Mongols control Jerusalem, Acre Damascus, etc with 8 armies (or more that I can't see) but the majority of these armies are in the Jerusalem sector heading towards Gaza.

I have a fleet moored off Gaza with an army on board.

I send the fleet with army to the lightly defended Acre (the Mongolian capital and a citadel) so I can take it - the army is siege engine heavy and could take it in a single turn.

EVERY time I land the army next to Acre to launch an immediate assault, the army teleports to one of my army forts on the border of Gaza and Jerusalem and marches towards where I told it to get off the ships.

Whats going on???
AuthorReplies:
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 27 April 2009 17:24 EDT (US)     1 / 21       
This is very bizarre, but my humble guess would be whether or not the land to intend to park on is able to tread upon. Or, its probably just a bug. Did you save, reload and see if it repeated itself?

Or, your game self-modded itself with Mongolphobia and gave the Mongols some frightening teleportational device from Star Trek to defend their cities from greed-looking [Insert Faction Name Here]ians.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
theboyne
Legionary
posted 27 April 2009 20:15 EDT (US)     2 / 21       
I reloaded the last save (fortunately the end of the turn before) and repeated exactly what I wanted to do - 4 times.

On the upside I got an answer to my question.

On the downside, its in the wrong forum. It should be in the technical forum.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 27 April 2009 20:46 EDT (US)     3 / 21       
So it works? Or does it not work?

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

theboyne
Legionary
posted 28 April 2009 18:02 EDT (US)     4 / 21       
The exact same thing happens each time.

I land this shipboard army on the coast and it reappears in exactly the same fort every time. Even though that fort is full and should not theoretically allow two full stacks to share the same tile at the same time.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 28 April 2009 18:24 EDT (US)     5 / 21       
Your situation is very strange, and if this doesn't work, then I don't know what will. Is your game patched to 1.05?

theboyne
Legionary
posted 02 May 2009 04:10 EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Patched (theoretically) with all the patches available.

(Sorry for the delay - RL sucks)
Xishko
Legionary
posted 03 May 2009 08:34 EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Did you try kicking your machine?
Just kidding
Well only thing I can advise you to do is to land some were else near Antioch or on the other side of that river maybe that will work.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 06 May 2009 04:51 EDT (US)     8 / 21       
I have to say I have never heard of an issue like this before.

Do you/did you have any mods installed?

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
theboyne
Legionary
posted 08 May 2009 17:48 EDT (US)     9 / 21       
Aftermath
I have to say I have never heard of an issue like this before.

Do you/did you have any mods installed?
I have a clean version of M2TW (plus Kingdoms)installed and just copy it to a new directory when I install a mod - each mod has it's own installation so to speak - stops potential conflicts.

The mod in question is Custom Campaign 2.

This is the first major glitch I've noticed.
IncendiaryPiggy
Legionary
posted 25 May 2009 18:04 EDT (US)     10 / 21       
I once saw an egyptian boat in the dead sea, where there are no docks whatsoever. Now that is simply not normal.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 25 May 2009 18:39 EDT (US)     11 / 21       
I've seen a Scottish fleet in the Caspian sea!

@Incendiary Piggy, in my Crusades campaign, I see boats in there all the time...Idk.

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 29 May 2009 16:25 EDT (US)     12 / 21       
Even I've never seen a Scottish fleet in the Caspian...even though, on Kingdoms, I hire mercenary ships when I pass by Highland lochs.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 29 May 2009 16:55 EDT (US)     13 / 21       
I wish I had a screenshot of it...then you'd believe me.

theboyne
Legionary
posted 29 May 2009 19:07 EDT (US)     14 / 21       
I managed to hire a mercenary carrack that ended up in a lake in what would be Norway I think. The lakes the size of a city and its in the middle of nowhere. While I could understand the how (the Vikings where famous for moving ships long distances over land), I want to know WHY.

As to the OP, I got round the problem.

I marched the army onto the fort where it kept appearing (remember its full and shouldn't accept any more troops) and it teleported to Antioch.

Maybe I'm playing the wrong game. Instead of M2TW, I'm playing Mage War for the PC. For those of you too young to remember it, it's a very old board game.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 29 May 2009 20:09 EDT (US)     15 / 21       
Required System:

Intel® Pentium® 90MHz or fully compatible
32MB RAM (64 MB RAM for Windows 98 SE and Windows ME)
80MB Hard Drive space (40MB after installation of .NET framework)
2MB sVGA graphics adaptor (supporting at least 16-bit colour @ 800x600)
Windows 98 SE or any later version of Windows[]/q]

Lmao!

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 30 May 2009 05:22 EDT (US)     16 / 21       
I want to know WHY
It's not just the Vikings. And it's largely because ships tried to avoid tacking as much as possible. If there was an island in the way, you just go over it.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 30 May 2009 07:09 EDT (US)     17 / 21       
Were is the dead sea?
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 30 May 2009 11:11 EDT (US)     18 / 21       
Right next to Jerusalem in the game.

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 30 May 2009 13:04 EDT (US)     19 / 21       
Same place it is in real life

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 30 May 2009 18:39 EDT (US)     20 / 21       
O that place.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 30 May 2009 19:46 EDT (US)     21 / 21       
Yeah

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames