Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » I'm tooooooo rich
Bottom
Topic Subject:I'm tooooooo rich
Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 11:39 EDT (US)         
I was playing the Americas campaign as the Apachean tribes. Now, I'm no historian, but I'm pretty sure that they didn't make a butload of money. I have basically, the entire North American part of the map, all the way around to Florida and I have over 200K. WTF???????? I even have about 10 full stacks. And I know, they are really cheap units. But still. 200K? Also, I haven't been looting settlements, I've been settling them. So the only real income I have is the taxes, which are supposed to a worse income than in the other capaigns.

What do you all think about the economy?

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams
AuthorReplies:
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 13:10 EDT (US)     1 / 22       
Are you on a warpath? What does your Finance screen show? Have you used cheats at all?

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 13:19 EDT (US)     2 / 22       
I've been playing the campaign for over 50 turns, can't be on a warpath for that long. But I have used it quite a lot, those settlemnts are REALLY far apart.

My finance screen shows that I'm making a hell of a lot of money.

Nope, I don't use cheats ;~)

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 13:48 EDT (US)     3 / 22       
Then make your campaign a little more interesting by gifting large portions of that money until you have about 10k florins and your enemies have the rest.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Andalus
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 13:56 EDT (US)     4 / 22       
Also, I haven't been looting settlements, I've been settling them.
Occupying settlements is better for your economy in the long term. Although sacking them yields the higher initial gain, it also reduces the population, and therefore the income, retarding your economic growth.

Also, because of te cheap units, and the fairly low general expenditure needed in this campaign, it is quite easy to amass a large fortune, as the little bits of surplus will add up eventually over time.
Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 14:05 EDT (US)     5 / 22       
I know about the short and long term effects of each option, but they were mostly around 1000 pop places so it wasn't going to do much in terms of instant money.

Is it the same with other factions? cause I haven't really played the others.

Danish Dreams
A lonely hermit
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 17:48 EDT (US)     6 / 22       
I had the same situation, but with the Turks in the Vanilla. I had 300k (it was down to 150k when the mongols came around). I did not cheat, was at war with close to no one and occupied all my settlement(apart from Rome- a mistake of the mouse).
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 17:54 EDT (US)     7 / 22       
You could give me some of your money.

Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 04 June 2009 18:33 EDT (US)     8 / 22       
Sure why not.

*Apachean Cheif throws all his weird metal stones at Glacier Girl.*

Danish Dreams
AKINCI26
Legionary
posted 05 June 2009 15:43 EDT (US)     9 / 22       
I made 200K in my last campaign in Vanilla. I was playing with Hungary, from the 40th turn or so my economy started to rise and just before the Mongols took the Antioch I got over 200K. But, unfortunately I go to war against the Mongols alongside the Crusaders and they blockaded 8 of my ports(I had 9 ports), and my money vaporized just in 5-6 turns. So I think it's all about the trade in Vanilla...

"Peace at home, Peace in the world" Gazi Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
"Every Turk is born a soldier." Turkish Proverb
“A wise man remembers his friends at all times; a fool, only when he has need of them.” Turkish Proverb
"A thousand regrets do not cancel one debt." Turkish Proverb
Arkrai
Legionary
posted 05 June 2009 20:18 EDT (US)     10 / 22       
Nice job having that much money. It does seem rather strange,though, that a basic civilisation such as the Apacheans at this point could gain so much money.
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 05 June 2009 22:02 EDT (US)     11 / 22       
I agree with AKINCI26 in terms of it being about trade I vey often have lots of money but after trade routes start ot get cut off then I loose alot of money.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 06 June 2009 14:04 EDT (US)     12 / 22       
I sacked Cairo once and gained over fifty thousand pounds. Then it rebelled because I didn't exterminate it and my army was just a load of mercenaries. I'd say that I did the right thing as far as money is concerned

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
matt will
Legionary
posted 06 June 2009 15:41 EDT (US)     13 / 22       
Did you retake it from the rebels and then exterminate the city Gallowglass?

If your too rich all you have to do is spam out large amounts of troops and go to war with another faction (a really strong faction) and then lay waiste to their land by letting the settlements rebel.

My Gondor hotseat campaign. Please Help!

Under the White Tree A Gondor short story on the fall of Minas Tirith.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 06 June 2009 18:24 EDT (US)     14 / 22       
Whenever a city rebels, whatever was in the city rebelled with it.

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 06 June 2009 18:25 EDT (US)     15 / 22       
Did you retake it from the rebels and then exterminate the city Gallowglass?
Isn't that what I always do?

The Pope paid me for a successful crusade, and then I sold the city to the Egyptians.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 06-06-2009 @ 06:25 PM).]

Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 06 June 2009 18:57 EDT (US)     16 / 22       
Remember kids, if you have more than 30k florins, I believe, that is when Corruption and Squalor skyrocket in your cities, and when your Generals develop horrible traits, like 'Deep-Pockets', which I believe divides your tax income from that city by 20%.

Andalus
Legionary
posted 06 June 2009 19:06 EDT (US)     17 / 22       
But the thing is, if you have reached a point where you regularly have surplus of over 30k florins at the end of your turn, a little bit of corruption is not a big problem.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 06 June 2009 19:54 EDT (US)     18 / 22       
But squalor is.

Greed87
Legionary
posted 08 July 2009 08:39 EDT (US)     19 / 22       

by the end of the campaign it will look like this...
america is pretty profitable, otherwise there wouldn't probably be a point to sail over the perilous atlantic, in a giant piece of floating wood with the speed of smell...
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 08 July 2009 09:11 EDT (US)     20 / 22       
Greed87,

I've not seen you around the forums, so I checked your account and it looks new so,

Welcome to the forums!

Greed87
Legionary
posted 08 July 2009 13:33 EDT (US)     21 / 22       
why thank you for the warm welcome
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 08 July 2009 17:48 EDT (US)     22 / 22       
You're welcome

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 07-08-2009 @ 05:48 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames