You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.23 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Favorite Campaighn/faction
Bottom
Topic Subject:Favorite Campaighn/faction
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 04 July 2009 02:13 EDT (US)         
I was wondering what everyone's favourite campaign out of the four kingdoms ones was, also I would be interested to know who people's favourite faction was in kingdoms.

Personally the Brittania campaign is definately my favorite, but despite that my favourite faction would probably be Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Just for the fun of it I have decided to keep score.

Campaign:

Crusades: 7
Britania: 5
Teutonic: 3

Faction:

Apache: 2
Egypt: 3
Kindom of Jerusalem: 2
New Spain: 1
Norway: 1
Principality of Antioch: 1
Scotland: 2
Turks: 1
Wales: 1

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 08-19-2009 @ 00:05 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
el Cid the II
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 03:24 EDT (US)     1 / 23       
In my opinion the Brittania campaign is best, the Americas is too easy as any faction. As New spain you win easily. And as the Natives you just spam and win. Teutonic is no fun because there are lots of HA nations, same with Crusades. Though my favorite faction would be Wales. Their spearmen rule, their cavalry is decent. Only their archers could be better.
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 09:58 EDT (US)     2 / 23       
Favourite Campaign is Crusades and my Favourite Faction is Egypt. Their Mumlaks match the Mongols when they come and when they do i already have a huge Empire. Also i love Tabardyria(sp?).
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 12:14 EDT (US)     3 / 23       
Campaign: Crusades

Faction: Egypt

Edit: Spelled "Egpyt" like an idiot, lol

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 07-04-2009 @ 02:51 PM).]

GameArmada
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 14:47 EDT (US)     4 / 23       
Campaign:Crusades

Faction: Apache and how they adapt to horses and gunpowder after fighting the euorpeans a few times.
vampiric canniba
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 17:25 EDT (US)     5 / 23       
Campaign: Crusades.

Faction: Kingdom of Jerusalem.

EDIT: Monty, might be a good idea to iron out the spelling mistakes in your message.

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used á la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix

[This message has been edited by vampiric canniba (edited 07-04-2009 @ 05:27 PM).]

Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 17:49 EDT (US)     6 / 23       
I've noticed this in him since he joined, but tolerated it quietly.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 17:56 EDT (US)     7 / 23       
Spelling errors whear, please point them out so I can correct them.

Will You?

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 07-04-2009 @ 05:56 PM).]

Slappster
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 22:34 EDT (US)     8 / 23       
Just a few: campaign, everyone, definitely, favorite
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 22:45 EDT (US)     9 / 23       
Oh I'll try and fix them.

Will You?
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 04 July 2009 22:50 EDT (US)     10 / 23       
There done!

Now lets all get back on topic

Will You?
Greed87
Legionary
posted 08 July 2009 08:30 EDT (US)     11 / 23       
Faction: Turks

Fighting Byzantium, Antioch, Jerusalem at the same time, then going against Mongols, Egypt and probably Venice.. is the second most fun i've had with this game .
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 16 July 2009 01:33 EDT (US)     12 / 23       
What's the first?

Will You?
Nick The Hun
Legionary
(id: Nick_The_Hunn)
posted 16 July 2009 02:09 EDT (US)     13 / 23       
Campaign: Teutonic Campaign (most enjoyable campaign with unpredictable enemy moves, as Lithuania you have so many borders to defend is why i just love it.)

Faction: Norway (from Brittania Campaign, it's very very interesting playing this faction, you can learn from it and i love their unit selection, also you really get the feeling of being a Viking King ^.^ )

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 07-16-2009 @ 02:11 AM).]

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 18 July 2009 06:51 EDT (US)     14 / 23       
favorite
He spelt that correctly. And why do you lot even care whether UK or US spelling is used here? The game isn't American. And I reiterate a warning that on other forums where spelling Nazis became dominant to forget any grammar I ever learned of this language. Rant over.

Favourite Campaign:

Britannia.

Favourite Faction:

Scotland. Just seems most appropriate for the campaign. And, besides, the AI as England spams billmen, which are so easy to defeat it's ridiculously funny.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Profile Picture
Legionary
posted 18 July 2009 21:40 EDT (US)     15 / 23       
Campaign: Teutonic

Faction: New Spain

[This message has been edited by Profile Picture (edited 07-18-2009 @ 09:41 PM).]

JohnWoo
Legionary
posted 19 July 2009 14:59 EDT (US)     16 / 23       
Faction: Egypt

although i don't play M2TW that long, i have gotten a huge love for the desert and his inhabitants.
Striking with swift and deadly volleys of horse archers, entering melee with infantry and finishing off with those bad-ass mamluks...
Banzai!
now i'm waiting for the mongols, just can't wait
senamic
Legionary
posted 20 July 2009 05:13 EDT (US)     17 / 23       
Favourite Campaign: Crusades

Favourite Faction: Kingdom of Antioch

I love the unit range for Antioch, with Knights of Eddesa readily available, and the Byzantine lands there for the taking.
medsteph
Legionary
posted 20 July 2009 10:48 EDT (US)     18 / 23       
campaign: Britannia

Faction: Scotland
I love William Wallace he owned the English and finished of with Norway. and there pikemen are supreme at defending the gate. While the light infantry holds the walls.

Choose your love wisely. Love your choice always.

[This message has been edited by medsteph (edited 07-20-2009 @ 10:49 AM).]

Revolutionist11
Legionary
posted 18 August 2009 20:14 EDT (US)     19 / 23       
Brittania is the best because all the other ones you can easily blitz and win in the first couple turns
second brittania has welsh which are the best.
however slightly disappointing because their longbowmen arent all conquering all in all brittania is the most fun with crusades coming in second

americas is just way to easy with by turn 20 or so earning average of 10000 florins as a low income so if your new then go for americas because its fun with the apaches who are ridiculously easy before the french come then its slightly challenging. Dont play as the spanish though its laughably simple.
welsh can beat anyone anywhere!!

[This message has been edited by Revolutionist11 (edited 08-18-2009 @ 08:25 PM).]

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 18 August 2009 21:01 EDT (US)     20 / 23       
Campaign: Teutons. I played as Lithuania on VH/VH, and the HRE, Poland, Denmark, Mongols(the Modded Mongols, not the sissy one) and the Teutons all declared war on me while only Novgorod was willing to be my ally. It was a great challenge.

Faction: Apache. Massed Mounted Thunder Braves FTW. 12 Heroic markers in a row.

Michael Jackson
guile
Legionary
posted 26 September 2009 01:15 EDT (US)     21 / 23       
Campaign:Britannia Faction: IRELAND!!
I really liked the feeling and music in the Britannia campaign. But its still a close match with the Crusades, in which i play a pretty mad Jerusalem.
Cassius
Legionary
posted 27 September 2009 14:48 EDT (US)     22 / 23       
Campaign: Teutonic

Faction: Principality of Antioch and/or Teutonic Order
parttimer
Legionary
posted 16 October 2009 13:22 EDT (US)     23 / 23       
Faction: Jerusalem

The reason for this is mostly because I've gotten a good early-game strategy down. The small but strong armies should stick close together so as not to be overwhelmed by larger but weaker and faster Egyptian armies. Takes a while to get there, but make those two bridges just north of the Red Sea and you can hold for a century against anything the Egyptians throw at you (which is a lot). Meanwhile, you're building armies to ship with the navy to conquer Egypt's coastal cities. Last campaign I snagged Alexandria while Egypt was throwing their armies at me but making no progress since I held both bridges. PLUS, even though I had no intention of taking Tanta until I built another army to ship, Saladin came out of the city BY HIMSELF within cavalry striking distance of Alexandria. I couldn't let the opportunity pass by, and though he inflicted more casualties on my units than mine on his, I killed the king - very worth it!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames