You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Playing England in Britannia expansion?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Playing England in Britannia expansion?
Tonymoua24
Legionary
posted 29 July 2009 23:44 EDT (US)         
Ok, after playing as England in Britannia expansion, I found that the English our indeed stretch out. Their forces are thin and most of the settlement you start with have few or less units defending them. On top of that you have to worry about Scotland, Norway, Whales, and Ireland as well, in which they all are coming down on England's throats.

I had a revolt in one of Ireland's city's in which I lost to the Irish. Then one of my divisions went rogue. On top of that Whales attacked one of my city's. The irony of the computer.

After a while I lost interest in playing as England and started playing Scotland.

Indeed England is very challenging especially, since their stretched out thin.
AuthorReplies:
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 30 July 2009 04:02 EDT (US)     1 / 10       
You will lose Ireland. But Scotland won't attack you. They'll be trying to conquer the Highlands and Islands, and drive the Norse back to the Isle of Man. And they usually won't manage it until you've conquered Wales and retaken parts of Ireland. But when they do, they'll attack you immediately.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 30 July 2009 04:11 EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I usualy abandon Ireland (butkeep some units in forts just incase ).

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 31 July 2009 16:11 EDT (US)     3 / 10       
On top of that you have to worry about Scotland, Norway, Whales
Seal off your rivers and fill your ports with Archers, Whales are only good at Melee, keep at a range and you wont even have to get your feet wet
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 31 July 2009 19:04 EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Whales are only good at Melee
And swimming.

But you're forgetting their longbows!

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 31 July 2009 20:43 EDT (US)     5 / 10       
And you're forgetting yours.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 01 August 2009 06:43 EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Theirs are cheaper, and are actually necessary as you have a lot of heavy infantry and they don't.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 04 August 2009 07:43 EDT (US)     7 / 10       
England are definitely one of the harder factions to play on Britannia, seconded only by Norway.

Follow some of the advice already given, Tony, and let us know how it goes whoever it is you play as.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
DukeoftheOrient
Legionary
posted 25 August 2009 22:56 EDT (US)     8 / 10       
I do not feel that the English are a difficult faction to play. In my English campaign, with the exception of Ireland, I manage to bring my territories in order in a couple of turns. Just shuffle a few units, generals all over the place and everything will be fine. Although some regions, especially the northern border, are poor garrisoned, this can soon be remedied with the addition of a couple of spearmen units in the borders. As for the Welsh border, the English already have a powerful army nearby so it’s a matter of facing the Welsh in pitch battle and not screwing up. After that the way into Wales is open.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 26 August 2009 06:22 EDT (US)     9 / 10       
England is easy even on vh/vh mode. Just use your settlements and forts well in battles and combine the usage of Longbowmen with Mailed Knights.

If you finished the WRE campaign in BI expansion of R:TW in just medium mode, then you should have no trouble with this piece of cake.

Michael Jackson
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 26 August 2009 08:26 EDT (US)     10 / 10       
If you don't take Wales and Norway quickly, you're going to get swamped by them, along with the Baron's Alliance and Scotland, whilst your territories in Ireland rebel. You need to be quick.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames