You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Building forts over resources
Bottom
Topic Subject:Building forts over resources
marcuslee
Legionary
posted 26 September 2009 21:58 EDT (US)         
I've read that you can build forts over resources, thus protecting your merchants a little better. Is this so?

I can't even figure out how to build a fort. When I try, it only allows me to build a watchtower. I've read that you can't build close to a city. Is that true?

Mark
AuthorReplies:
vampiric canniba
Legionary
posted 26 September 2009 23:47 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
It requires a general,or you could be broke. Or in enemy territory or something

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
marcuslee
Legionary
posted 27 September 2009 11:19 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Well, I had a general. I was in my own territory. And, I don't think I was broke. How much does a fort cost?

I was close to a city/town ... so I still don't know if that is the problem.

Mark
Thrashmad
Legionary
posted 27 September 2009 11:23 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
You can't build forts on some sorts of terrain, it could be that.

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)
marcuslee
Legionary
posted 27 September 2009 14:53 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Is there any limitation according to country? I am playing as the Scots in the Britannia campaign.

Mark
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 27 September 2009 16:06 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
ahh, the Britannia campaign is 'special' and has permanent stone forts (with a couple of free upkeep slots), so you can't build those.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames