You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Kingdoms Expansion Pack Retail with Direct 2 Drive M2TW compatibility
Bottom
Topic Subject:Kingdoms Expansion Pack Retail with Direct 2 Drive M2TW compatibility
jtyler2
Legionary
posted 28 November 2009 07:06 EDT (US)         
Hi,

I bought the Direct 2 Drive version of Medieval II Total War (so it's already version 1.3, etc...). I subsequently bought the retail box/DVD version of the Kingdoms Expansion Pack (not M2TW Gold, just the Kingdoms Expansion Pack).

Has anyone had any luck or knows how to get the retail box version of Kingdoms to work with the Direct 2 Drive downloaded version of M2TW? It seems like there's got to be a way...
AuthorReplies:
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 December 2009 17:14 EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I've never bought anything from D2D or Steam (nor will I ever, for that matter (which is also why I never got Empire)), but doesn't D2D basically give you the game files somewhere on the computer? I believe with Steam, it installs games in the Steam directory in Program Files. If D2D does something similar, maybe you should try installing Kingdoms to that directory. If you can't...errr, oh well. I bought the Gold Edition. The other thing is that the Gold Edition is almost dirt-cheap now, you can get it for $20 USD.

I always prefer having a physical CD and a backed up .iso file of that CD on my computer in-case my CD breaks.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 12-04-2009 @ 05:19 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames