Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Game won't Launch
Bottom
Topic Subject:Game won't Launch
tbuchen
Legionary
posted 21 December 2009 16:59 EDT (US)         
I have Medieval II Gold Edition. I encountered no apparent problems loading the game. However, when I try to launch the game it either does not recognize that I have a disk in the drive; or, it tells me I do not have an original disk. Please help. Thanks. Note - I have a brand new gaming computer, dual nvidia GTX 295s, all drives updated, etc., but my OS is Windows 7, don't know if this could be an issue. Again any help appreciated.
AuthorReplies:
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 21 December 2009 20:46 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Are you sure it's not your DVD drive? Try loading up a different game and see if it works. Also, have you tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP or Vista? Also, what version of Windows 7 did you get? If it is Professional or higher, you can use Windows XP mode and try to run it through that.

Also, if you had the money to get dual GTX 295s, why didn't go for the 5870s or 5970 like I did?

I'm gonna get to open my new PC in a few days. It has Windows 7 Professional, a 5970, 6 GB of DDR3 ram, (2) 640 GB hard drives, 1.1 KW PSU, and a i7 920. I'll try tweaking the game on there and see if it'll work, then get back to you.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
Dead_End
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 27 December 2009 08:16 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I had the same problem a while ago on XP. Didn't do anything to solve the problem, but a few days later it ran perfectly fine.
tbuchen
Legionary
posted 28 December 2009 07:35 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Thanks Glacier Girl and Dead End. I now can run the game. I believe the problem was that I did not have adobe flash player loaded on this new computer. Glacier Girl I hope you have tons of fun on your new system!
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 25 January 2010 08:18 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Glad to see someone gave you the help you needed, tbuchen.

Are you enjoying the game now?

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames