Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Favorite campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Favorite campaign
AKhoplites
Legionary
posted 14 January 2010 12:40 EDT (US)         
Of all the campaigns, my favorite one is Britannia because it gives access to a wide variety of cannons like the ribault and bombard. The in-game message about these weapons are true, they render castle walls almost useless. Absolutely exciting when you're the one firing them.

Although the Teutonic campaign also gives access to such weapons, making money seems to be harder early on and the distances between cities much greater, increasing the chances of captains turning rebel. Not fun at all when you still can't afford to recruit more units to replace them and are spread too thinly against the Lithuanians. The music also sounds rather spooky compared to the lively and soothing Celtic melodies in the Britannia campaign.

The Crusades campaign only has a limited variety of cannons (at least for the Kingdom of Jerusalem) and the Americas campaign rather boring when only the Spanish have access to cannons. Obviously, cannon variety is my measure of fun. But what are your favorite campaigns and what do you look for to consider it fun?

The forces of the Polish king were so numerous that there is no number high enough in the human language. -- Prussian Chronicles
AuthorReplies:
Cassius
Legionary
posted 14 January 2010 15:03 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
My favorite is actually a tie between the Teutonic Campaign and the Britannia Campaign. Second is Crusades, and dead last is the Americas.

I rate them in terms of how convoluted the wars can get. A five or six way war is possible in both my favorite campaigns. Every man (or nation) for himself!

In confusion there is profit, after all...
AKhoplites
Legionary
posted 15 January 2010 07:13 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I see your point, especially when the other factions are busy fighting each other and you sneak an attack on them from behind. My Welsh campaign is going well and I have half of England under my control, but those heavy billmen can be a pain. If possible, I'm trying to destroy England before King Edward returns from the holy lands.

The forces of the Polish king were so numerous that there is no number high enough in the human language. -- Prussian Chronicles
stollyrock
Legionary
posted 15 January 2010 12:15 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I like them all, but prefer Britannia, Crusades, Teutonic and Americas int that order. Britannia because of William Wallace, Crusades because of Baldwin, Teutonic because of the Kalmar Union and last but not least: Americas because of the BIG armies and high public order...
Ceaser97
Legionary
posted 15 January 2010 19:37 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I like the Brittania campain; It always seems to me that it is the most challenging and the most fun.

Veni, Vedi, Nedi, Sedi.
(I came, I saw, I went back to get a sweater.)
Mythman13
Legionary
posted 19 January 2010 23:18 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I like them all because the new factions and regions offer unique challenges.

I still can't get over how powerful heavy cavalry is in the Americas. In a battle against 1000 Mayans, Hernan Cortez killed 500 soldiers taking only 5 losses. Three of those losses were from my own cannons.

I kill you until you are dead!
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 20 January 2010 11:49 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Crusades is my favourite. Not sure why really, i like each Leaders own particular "power". Also in-game events like the Venetian invasion of Constantinople (So fun to defend against ) And the Mamluk uprising. Then Brittania, Teutonic and finally Americas. I find Americas boring with so many similar/identical factions. Playing as anyone other than Spain, Apaches or i think it is Mayans is just boring as you end up fighting armies which are more or less identical to your own :/. However i do like have Gunpowder from the beginning .

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 25 January 2010 08:16 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
The most exciting campaigns I have in Kingdoms are almost always as Norway on VH/VH. Such a challenge to fight the scots, particularly when Wallace shows up. Getting enough of a foothold to earn a decent amount of money is such fun.

I also love the Principality of Antioch but never completed that campaign, their unit selection rocks, I'd rather have Hospitallers than Templars.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames