You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » No king equals no crusade
Bottom
Topic Subject:No king equals no crusade
AKhoplites
Legionary
posted 19 January 2010 02:29 EDT (US)         
I read on another forum that in the Britannia campaign, if you attack Nottingham early and kill Prince Edward (or just after he becomes king), he will not be able to go on crusade. This will mean the King Edward with full stack Templars appearance event will not occur. Is this true?

If not, what are the best units to crush the Templars when they appear?

The forces of the Polish king were so numerous that there is no number high enough in the human language. -- Prussian Chronicles
AuthorReplies:
stollyrock
Legionary
posted 19 January 2010 11:02 EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I guess the templar army will not appear, but if they do, I usually crush them in a live battle (outflanking them is the most effictive way to do so, at least, this is my experience...)
AKhoplites
Legionary
posted 20 January 2010 23:27 EDT (US)     2 / 11       
I'd find out for myself if I could, but I'm already halfway through my Welsh campaign and do not want to start all over again. I've defeated the Templar army before, but lost half of my own army in the process. If anyone can confirm this Edward "glitch", it'd be great.

The forces of the Polish king were so numerous that there is no number high enough in the human language. -- Prussian Chronicles
Cassius
Legionary
posted 21 January 2010 14:58 EDT (US)     3 / 11       
I'll see if I can kill him before he leaves in my Irish campaign. I doubt I will reach him in time, though.
AKhoplites
Legionary
posted 21 January 2010 23:01 EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Yes, it can be a little difficult for the Irish. In my last Irish campaign, Edward appeared just as I was about to capture London. Your attack on the main island will be delayed because securing Ireland would be your first priority. But let me know if you pull this one off.

Cassius
Legionary
posted 22 January 2010 12:03 EDT (US)     5 / 11       
I managed to take Ireland back and get an army across, but John was gone. Sorry. Especially sorry for me when he comes back.
AKhoplites
Legionary
posted 22 January 2010 12:37 EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Tough luck, but thanks for trying. I think the Welsh would still be in the best position to take Edward out before he becomes king. The Scotts will be too busy with the Norwegians.

Mythman13
Legionary
posted 22 January 2010 17:18 EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Very interesting. I'll start another welsh campaign and kill Edward. Using cheats if I must.

MAJOR EDIT: Using cheats to get a large army fast in my new welsh campaign I killed Edward before He went on crusade. Edward departed on the 16th turn in my English campaign and I am on my 27th on this welsh one.

So, I think it has now been proven that killing Edward early cancels his crusade mission and no Templar force shows up.

I kill you until you are dead!

[This message has been edited by Mythman13 (edited 01-22-2010 @ 06:02 PM).]

AKhoplites
Legionary
posted 23 January 2010 02:03 EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I read somewhere that Edward can still return on turn 27, although I believe the turn when he returns may vary in different campaigns. But if you've already killed him, logically he should not return unless it's his twin or something.

Mythman13
Legionary
posted 24 January 2010 02:18 EDT (US)     9 / 11       
I'll play in a little longer then but I highly doubt he will return.

I kill you until you are dead!
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 25 January 2010 08:14 EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Interesting, never even thought about the possibility of eliminating him before he has the chance to come back with those Templars.

I usually play as Norway so killing Edward early on will present a big challenge, but I'll give it a go next time I play the Britannia campaign.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Shogun_Ramos
Legionary
posted 09 February 2010 16:28 EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Don't stop the crusade before it starts, CRUSH IT!!
i defeated Edward's army as Wales with 1 unit of Saethwyr, 4 Mercenary Welsh Spearmen, 3 Mercenary Welsh Spearmen, 2 English Billmen and a general, in total 318 men. The trick is to lure him into besieging you, then deploy stakes in front of the gates, but your infantry behind them and start the battle. Quickly move your archers to the wall, use Flaming Arrows and aim for the Templars and Edward's Guard. When the gate falls all their cavalry will stream forward, attempting to overwhem you, but will be faced with a wall of stakes, simple! Your infantry will quickly dispatch all that remains of Edward's army in a matter of minutes.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames