You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » Your short, medium and long term objectives?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your short, medium and long term objectives?
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 08 December 2008 16:49 EDT (US)         
I know that this has been done, but with the new content and articles I ask:

What faction will you be and what objective ranging from the short to the far future will you set.

Here's my plan and also GG.

Faction: Great Britain.

Plan: Seek an alliance with the Dutch and Prussians to defeat the French. Then after we break France down, if possible ask the Dutch and Russians to attack Sweden.

That's my European sphere. But what will be your plan?

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.

[This message has been edited by Legion Of Hell (edited 12-08-2008 @ 04:50 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 08 December 2008 16:54 EDT (US)     1 / 26       

My original plan was thus:

1) Storm the Baltic ASAP - good terrain for a guerrilla war and Highland regiments (which have to be in it, seeing as the British Empire wouldn't have had a front line for many battles without them)
2) Make an alliance with Russia
3) Swing north and take Iceland (it had better be in the game) and then Greenland
4) Betray Russia, and carve a path to the Caucasus
5) Sweep down into Persia
6) Invade India
7) Sip Talisker's like a douche

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Erzin
Legionary
posted 08 December 2008 19:26 EDT (US)     2 / 26       
Short Term: Buy the game
Medium Term: Download the game
Long term: Play the game

Seriously though, I would like conquer the world with in at least one TW game. Maybe I can do it on Empire?

AAR Coming real soon :P
Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 08 December 2008 19:53 EDT (US)     3 / 26       
Erzin:

You have a GREAT plan.

and Gallow:
7) Sip Talisker's like a douche
Sip Talisker's like a shower???? WHAT???

---

I think I will ATTEMPT to establish good diplomatic relations with Russia, hopefully as previously discussed, the alliance AI will be actually useful.

Than I'll create a large chain of tea and crumpets to sell to the british for a profit, than my danes and I will march to Tivolii!
Collecian
Legionary
posted 09 December 2008 18:52 EDT (US)     4 / 26       
I will most likely play as my great ancestors nation, Great Britain. I will first set up a fortified command of my empire. Then engage in diplomacy, mapping out some of the known world. Knowing where I stand, I will ally my self with several neighboring nations. If any nearby nations/kingdoms are real small, I will conquer them first. Then I will begin a campaign to wipe out a nation of my choosing. I really don't know yet of course what I'll do, but this seems like a good plan to me.

"I expect to pass through this world but once ;
Any good, therefore, that I can do ,
or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature,
let me do it now ; Let me not defer or neglect it ,
for I shall not pass this way again."
Andalus
Legionary
posted 09 December 2008 18:55 EDT (US)     5 / 26       
Looking at the thread listings for this forum, I would judge that Legion of Hell is rather excited about ETW.
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 09 December 2008 19:26 EDT (US)     6 / 26       
LoH gets all of his thread ideas from me.

And good luck setting an alliance with france.
Ecthelion
Legionary
(id: p90pro)
posted 09 December 2008 19:48 EDT (US)     7 / 26       
I will continue in my policy from past games. Namely trying to be cool with everybody until it is clear that they are going to attack. Then crush them brutally and rapidly.

Sir, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Swallow my pride? No thank you, Im too full of myself.
I bring you nothing but love and a shopping bag full of sexual depravity.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Tied with Meteora (****er) for Best Sig Award.
wolfthe3rd
Legionary
posted 09 December 2008 20:41 EDT (US)     8 / 26       
Rape, Kill, Plunder?
The Usual Goals of a soldier?!?

[This message has been edited by wolfthe3rd (edited 12-09-2008 @ 08:42 PM).]

Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 10 December 2008 02:31 EDT (US)     9 / 26       
Spain:

Maintain a brutal and repressive grip on the Americas, but wisely build up my economy, navy, and army until I realize my amazing territory's potential. Then, I reap the benefits of developing my empire, build up an army that's larger and technologically superior, then with better generalship take out the French by land, reassert my Spanish Empire over the Dutch, crush British naval power, and take out the Germans last. I'll let the Ottomans rot as a weak empire as long as they need to and I'll set my focus first on Britain before I advance against Russia - a mistake Napoleon and Hitler definitely both made, IMO.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin

[This message has been edited by Ace Cataphract (edited 12-10-2008 @ 02:31 AM).]

Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 10 December 2008 02:46 EDT (US)     10 / 26       
As Britain, Do a campaign of ethnic cleansing on the French, then fear the zombie apocalypse. Once Z-Day has happened, if my empire still exists then I will go to Italy to get a new boot, and then conquer the rest of the world. Simple.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 10 December 2008 05:03 EDT (US)     11 / 26       
Daelon hehe I don't get the thread ideas from you.

But my short term objective is to sink Daelon's flagship.

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.

[This message has been edited by Legion Of Hell (edited 12-10-2008 @ 05:07 AM).]

Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 10 December 2008 09:42 EDT (US)     12 / 26       
Yousef the first stage is denial, then comes acceptance..

It's just a matter of time
Condotteri
Legionary
posted 10 December 2008 09:47 EDT (US)     13 / 26       
Austria.

Short:Conquer most of southern and central Europe,
by conquering Balkans most of Italy, Germany and Benelux.

Medium:Take North Africa and establish a base from which i will sail and get colonies. In Europe i will attack Russia and spend Loads of money on military technologies and culture to get loads of Influence points.

Long: Rule the world!

Yay, my first post.

[This message has been edited by Condotteri (edited 12-10-2008 @ 09:47 AM).]

Woolagaroo
Legionary
posted 10 December 2008 14:34 EDT (US)     14 / 26       
Prussia:

Annex or conquer all surrounding German states, including Anschluss with Austria (by force if necessary) to create Großdeutschland. Then ferment revolt to dispose of the monarchy and create a great German republic. After that, play it by ear, perhaps building up my navy and expanding my power across the globe or in Europe, building up unrivaled might and crushing any who trifle with me (I'm looking at you, Poland).

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
New Roman
Legionary
posted 12 December 2008 22:50 EDT (US)     15 / 26       
Großdeutschland
Lol

Dont forget russia...killing them is a must, as well.
Sip Talisker's like a shower???? WHAT???
Yea once in french class i had to make a speech and i looked up the word shower...yea needless to say i edited my speech to save myself the embarrassment. :P

[This message has been edited by New Roman (edited 12-12-2008 @ 10:52 PM).]

kuba69
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 03:43 EDT (US)     16 / 26       
Mow down through tons of soldiers with Winged Hussars, and lead the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth to rule the world with an iron fist.
Yusaku Jon III
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 09:41 EDT (US)     17 / 26       
As Great Britain:

The short term goal is to make sure that my economic base is in good working order and can sustain my military expansion later in the campaign

The mid-term goal is to have my navy in full strength so that I can defend the home base and get as many troops abroad as possible within the turns needed to conquer and/or defend territories

The long term goal is to destroy France, take as much of the Americas as are possible to take, have a lock on India and to dominate Europe

As Prussia or Austria:

The short term goal is basically the same as above

The mid-term goal is more land-based

The long term goal is focused instead on expanding and defending a European empire at the expense of France, the Scandinavians, the Ottoman Turks and the Russians

As the United States:

Having rebelled, the short term goal is to consolidate my territory in North America while fending off the British armies and navy

The mid-term goal will be to take over as much of North America as possible while also sending out navies, armies and agents to size up potential targets overseas

The long term goal will be to become the dominant power of the western hemisphere at the expense of the Spanish and a serious pain in the arse for everyone else in Europe and elsewhere
Ventory
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 10:18 EDT (US)     18 / 26       
As Russia

1.Short Term- Establish a well defended Nation, I am surrounded by enemies so I have to make sure I have a reliable army

2.Medium Term- Take Over Prussia and the Polish, then stay at good terms with the Turks, maybe even an alliance if I need it, take over the Danes and Swedes After I am a hyperpower I will go intoa revolution to overthrow the Tsar once my Republic begins I then move West

3.Long Term- Betray the Turkas and mow them down, then crush all of India, take over Western Europe and if America exists Envelop into a massive war.
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 14 December 2008 14:35 EDT (US)     19 / 26       
I still think Erzin's is the best.
redcoat_rob
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 06:43 EDT (US)     20 / 26       
Whats everyone got against Russia??

Short Term: decide whether to purchase the Collectors Edition with extra units or download off steam. Hopefully download collectors off steam!

Mid Term: charge and punch through the front line of a Wife unit and flank the Kids for a clean victory and be rewarded with peace and quiet while I acquire an understanding of my new toy.

Long Term: this is meant to be the most moddable yet, so hopefully that means a noob like me can tinker with it and create my own maps and campaigns. I think its about time the history of New Holland be rewritten with a bit of violence.
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 23 December 2008 06:46 EDT (US)     21 / 26       
Short Term: Outflank Daelon

Medium Term: Cripple Daelon

Medium Term: Destroy Daelon in the multiplayer campaign!!!!!

Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 09:37 EDT (US)     22 / 26       

Long Term: Add in a long term.

I think that if I play as America I'll conquer Canada first. I don't know why.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
New Roman
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 12:00 EDT (US)     23 / 26       
I think that if I play as America I'll conquer Canada first. I don't know why.
I think you just want their Maple Syrup. :P
redcoat_rob
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 18:34 EDT (US)     24 / 26       
Or he wants to monopolise the Polar Bear market.
Sir Savage
Legionary
posted 26 December 2008 03:27 EDT (US)     25 / 26       
Hoping my pc can play the this game.

I'll probably be the Dutch in my first campaign (as they're the closest to my country, Belgium). Or perhaps France.
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 26 December 2008 05:08 EDT (US)     26 / 26       
My short term objective is to accumulate enough gold to purchase a new computer actually capable of playing the game.

Unfortunately, it is likely this will actually be a long term objective.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames