You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » Religion
Bottom
Topic Subject:Religion
wolfthe3rd
Legionary
posted 11 December 2008 01:44 EDT (US)         
Kind of a stupid question but will religion be included in ETW?
Will you be able to make certain territories like pillars of Chrsitianity through massive churches etc.
Will there be the same religious fights as in RTW:BI?
AuthorReplies:
dakn77
Legionary
posted 11 December 2008 01:47 EDT (US)     1 / 8       
They said religion would be around, but not as important. I feel like it will show up in the New World in terms of making provinces less likely to revolt due to cultural dissimilarity or whatever. In Europe, I would imagine countries with the same religion having a more favorable view of each other and maybe there would be a slight penalty for going to war against a country of the same religion.
Roman Warlord
Legionary
posted 11 December 2008 05:36 EDT (US)     2 / 8       
You may get some penatiles for the Cathloic/Prodestant issues in europe. But I hardly see it as a major issue.

Though prehaps the biggest impact will be with the Ottoman Empire.

Wonder how it will affect India and America.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 11 December 2008 08:00 EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I do hope religion plays a role in ETW. It doesn't need to be as influential as in BI, but some effects would be nice. For example when a Catholic faction conquers a mainly Protestant region there should be some unrest.

Hussarknight
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 11 December 2008 08:13 EDT (US)     4 / 8       
It'd be interesting if they gave the option on how to treat religion - stoke up the populance to get more support for fighting those pesky catholics or try and make your citizens less prone to setting each other on fire by steering them towards general acceptance of everything.
There may actually be so little choice there that it wouldn't be worth trying to implement something like it
Roman Warlord
Legionary
posted 11 December 2008 08:55 EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Also it may mean that prodestant fractions e.g. UK and Portugal are more friendly towards each other
Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 11 December 2008 09:55 EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Religion will be like this bug, that won't leave you alone. You can try and kill it as many times as you want, but the bug will still survive.

(Gosh I am good with metaphors)
Collecian
Legionary
posted 11 December 2008 16:45 EDT (US)     7 / 8       
It will probably play a minor role, perhaps not as significant as M2TW. The Crusades died out in the 13th century so I don't think they will allow the Pope to commission one. Neat idea though, Crusades fought with musket and cannon. I wonder if the religous reformation between the Catholic Church and Protestant will launch a Holy War.

"I expect to pass through this world but once ;
Any good, therefore, that I can do ,
or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature,
let me do it now ; Let me not defer or neglect it ,
for I shall not pass this way again."
Woolagaroo
Legionary
posted 11 December 2008 19:00 EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I don't think religion will play much of a role in this game (besides perhaps in missionary work and developing colonies). The protestant reformation was in 1517, and the ensuing wars of religion were effectively ended by the Peace of Westphalia in 1648. By the eighteenth century Christians had learned to stop fighting amongst each other over religion and start fighting over other things.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames