You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » New 3D Ship Feature: the Razee
Bottom
Topic Subject:New 3D Ship Feature: the Razee
Ibuprofen Redux
Legionary
posted 15 December 2008 11:05 EDT (US)         
Check it out here and discuss here!

EDIT: Now that I've had time to read the description, it sounds really cool! I bet they'll be powerful and useful ships.

second EDIT: fixed code.

"...angry men must also be strong, if they would achieve their purpose."
-Livy

[This message has been edited by Ibuprofen Redux (edited 12-15-2008 @ 11:09 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 15 December 2008 11:14 EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Wow I just checked the SEGA ETW page like 10 minutes ago, in the nick of time!

I never knew that there were different kinds of frigates, and what a strange word... "Razee", how would you pronounce that?
Ibuprofen Redux
Legionary
posted 15 December 2008 11:19 EDT (US)     2 / 12       
It comes from French (raze, like raser, meaning to cut or shave), and so should be pronounced rah-zay.

-Livy

[This message has been edited by Ibuprofen Redux (edited 12-15-2008 @ 11:22 AM).]

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 15 December 2008 12:39 EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Newsied.

The bit about how it is constructed has me intrigued. I wonder if you'll need a larger ship of the line before you can build this one.

Hussarknight
Ibuprofen Redux
Legionary
posted 15 December 2008 12:53 EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Good point HussarKnight. I bet it's a technology you research, and you can apply it to a ship of the line when it's in port.

-Livy
Andalus
Legionary
posted 15 December 2008 12:58 EDT (US)     5 / 12       
HMS Indefatigable... is that a word?
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 15 December 2008 13:05 EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I've seen it before. I think EoJ mentioned it.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
LordTaeglan
Legionary
posted 15 December 2008 13:49 EDT (US)     7 / 12       
It's certainly a word, jolly nice one at that. One of my favourites.

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 15 December 2008 16:01 EDT (US)     8 / 12       
The Razee looked from the 3d unit picture to be the same as 5th rate thing they previewed previously. That's probably sort of intentional I imagine, unless they're quite lax. Could be embarrasing if you think it's a fleet full of fifth rates and get your arse blown off by bigger ships.

I hope that you don't get the full pre-battle information on what the opposing army is like you do in rtw/m2tw. It'd be nice to not know too much without doing something to earn it.
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 15 December 2008 18:34 EDT (US)     9 / 12       
That sounds awesome, although you have to wonder, if they're made by cutting the top off a ship-of-the-line, why not just build it without the top part and save half the work?

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Ubernoober
Legionary
posted 15 December 2008 20:31 EDT (US)     10 / 12       
They just take a ship of the line and sail it under a low bridge.

It is not enough that I succeed, but my enemies must fail.

I came, I saw, and was crushed.

Mongols? Time for a strategic retreat to the Atlantic.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 16 December 2008 08:56 EDT (US)     11 / 12       
if they're made by cutting the top off a ship-of-the-line, why not just build it without the top part and save half the work?
Naturally you don't build a ship of the line specially just to chop off the top deck. I assumed that they were made from existing ships of the line, thus saving themselves the work of making a whole new ship to serve their purposes.
Boetje
Legionary
posted 16 December 2008 09:47 EDT (US)     12 / 12       
The Razee looked from the 3d unit picture to be the same as 5th rate thing they previewed previously.
no. if you look more closelier, you'll see that it has a lowered deck on the back, like they said.

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames