You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » Gamespot preview and new trailer
Bottom
Topic Subject:Gamespot preview and new trailer
sskrypteia
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 02:44 EDT (US)         
New gamespot thingy on Empire: Total War Exclusive Hands-On - Early Campaign, Naval and Land Battles, Managing a Colony.

And video on the road to independence

Preview

Video

Síleann do chara agus do namhaid nach bhfaighidh tú bás choíche. - Both your friend and your enemy think that you will never die.
AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 18 December 2008 04:36 EDT (US)     1 / 28       
Nice! Looks like the campaign map has received a graphic update.

Hussarknight
Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 18 December 2008 04:55 EDT (US)     2 / 28       
Wow! SO sexy!

Those graphics, are probably the best I have ever seen, not kidding you. The dynamic lighting and particle effects look outrageous in the explosions. CANNOT wait to see more!!
Andalus
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 05:32 EDT (US)     3 / 28       
Looking better and better! I think I noticed a soldier walking backwards at one point; I wonder if that will be an optional command to decrease the effectiveness of flanking?

By the way, watch the caravan in the bottom left corner at 1:25.
sskrypteia
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 05:52 EDT (US)     4 / 28       
lol its amphibious

Síleann do chara agus do namhaid nach bhfaighidh tú bás choíche. - Both your friend and your enemy think that you will never die.
Boetje
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 08:02 EDT (US)     5 / 28       
hmm, they said nothing that says something about playing brits or anything else then USA in the epispdoc campaign...

if you can indeed only play USA there, i am again disappointed with the centralisation of america.

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
Andalus
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 08:23 EDT (US)     6 / 28       
The British will clearly be playable in the first part of the tutorial. See here.

But probably not in the rest. Remember, you couldn't play any of the other factions in previous TW tutorials.
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 18 December 2008 09:51 EDT (US)     7 / 28       
It's looks really good!

By the way as I was watching it on Gamespot I saw the release date to the left of the scree and it said release date: 5th March 2009.

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 14:21 EDT (US)     8 / 28       
I really enjoy watching that small sneak peaks of the scenes, looked like indian ambushes!
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 18 December 2008 15:07 EDT (US)     9 / 28       
I know in one of those ambush scenes it was French and Native American troops hiding in the forest waiting to strike at the redcoats. Why does everyone hate the British?

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 15:14 EDT (US)     10 / 28       
Because you have tea at 4pm.
jomas
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 16:33 EDT (US)     11 / 28       
yay
in the preview it mentions you can dismount units!
i really wished i could in m2tw
Woolagaroo
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 17:38 EDT (US)     12 / 28       
Why on Earth would Albany be the city in the New York province. I know it's the capital of New York, but New York City has always been larger and more significant.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
Collecian
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 17:48 EDT (US)     13 / 28       
AWESOME!!! Can't wait to turn history and conquer the fledgling Colonies, or blast the British from whence they came. March seems such a long way off! Just means I have more to save up for the Collector's Edition (if they release one that is).

"I expect to pass through this world but once ;
Any good, therefore, that I can do ,
or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature,
let me do it now ; Let me not defer or neglect it ,
for I shall not pass this way again."
jomas
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 19:05 EDT (US)     14 / 28       
also, in the video
russia was origanaly orange(in some photos i saw)
and now its green
so most likely there uniforms are green, at least thats accurate
Ubernoober
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 21:36 EDT (US)     15 / 28       
Montreal, Ontario. Hmmmmmmm......

Looks rockin. I also noticed that they've fixed the sound fx for this one instead of recycling musket sounds from M2TW like they did in the land battles video.

It is not enough that I succeed, but my enemies must fail.

I came, I saw, and was crushed.

Mongols? Time for a strategic retreat to the Atlantic.
TinyPiesRUs
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 22:49 EDT (US)     16 / 28       
Wow, the graphics look amazing, a huge improvement on the last footage we saw.

In the trailer, I see that Austria and India (and Spain in the previous video) are being played on the campaign map. Does this mean that these 3 factions will also be playable?

[This message has been edited by TinyPiesRUs (edited 12-18-2008 @ 11:16 PM).]

Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 22:59 EDT (US)     17 / 28       
:O

Good point Tiny!! I would see why not? India = Elephants!
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 23:07 EDT (US)     18 / 28       
No way CA will part with elephants.

Michael Jackson
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 18 December 2008 23:18 EDT (US)     19 / 28       
Doubt it! Elephants still played a large roll in military operations in this era I believeperiod
Woolagaroo
Legionary
posted 19 December 2008 00:42 EDT (US)     20 / 28       
The use of elephants in war really declined after gunpowder became ubiquitous, since it didn't make any sense to invest so much in a charging elephant that could be killed by one cannon ball or concentrated musket fire. However, elephants were still used as beasts of burden and towed artillery (and even had cannons on their back), so I think we should see elephant artillery units.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.
CaesarVincens
Legionary
posted 19 December 2008 02:21 EDT (US)     21 / 28       
Other than the Timurids that is...

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kæn ɹid ðɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 19 December 2008 07:02 EDT (US)     22 / 28       
Just means I have more to save up for the Collector's Edition (if they release one that is).
There will be a "Special Forces" edition, which contains six elite units for in the campaign and a print of the campaign map.

Hussarknight
Dricus Frisii
Legionary
posted 19 December 2008 10:08 EDT (US)     23 / 28       
Some in-game video's from gamecorner.pl at the Total War forum!

GdB

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
Ad furore Dutchmannorum libera nos domine - Ace Cataphract
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 19 December 2008 11:20 EDT (US)     24 / 28       
Driscus! How are you?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Dricus Frisii
Legionary
posted 19 December 2008 11:31 EDT (US)     25 / 28       
I was about to say I'm fine.. but then I saw you still can't spell my name correctly

But yes, I'm fine. Pretty occupied this year, 13 hours away from home for work each day and a wife and child asking for some attention. Although I probably haven't got much spare time, I can't wait to play ETW!!

GdB

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
Ad furore Dutchmannorum libera nos domine - Ace Cataphract
General_II
Legionary
posted 19 December 2008 11:59 EDT (US)     26 / 28       
Why does everyone hate the British?
Because taxation without representation is tyranny!

{/otis}
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 December 2008 07:22 EDT (US)     27 / 28       
I know in one of those ambush scenes it was French and Native American troops hiding in the forest waiting to strike at the redcoats. Why does everyone hate the British?
I think it's influenced by a very similar scene in Last of the Mohicans, with Daniel-Day Lewis. Great film btw.

If I can ever get the movie to download fully, I'll stick it up on the youtube channel.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 20 December 2008 07:32 EDT (US)     28 / 28       
I've seen it as well Gaius: indeed a good film. I think the film is already put up on YouTube well I think it is. I love the music for the last scene at the mountain; catchy and moving.

Have you seen the deleted scene at the fort when the form of the British platoon firing against the French/Huron troops with devastating effect.....that's what you get when you mess with the King's troops.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames