You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » Empire:TW previewed on G4TV's
Bottom
Topic Subject:Empire:TW previewed on G4TV's
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Smileyman007
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 02:23 EDT (US)         
Video from the episode available at

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/35735/Hands_On_Preview_Empire_Total_War.html

I'm not sure how much of this is new or not, but there is a little bit of video with actual gameplay (HUD, banners, and everything). And they mention pirates.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
AuthorReplies:
Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 23 December 2008 02:42 EDT (US)     1 / 29       
This is a new video, nice one. In the beginning, the first few bits of footage shows them aligning the ships in deployment.

The firetruck stalks his prey

Amazing! Sharks & Pirates!

+He DID say that you CAN go into the "files" and UNLOCK ALL 50 FACTIONS!?!?!?!?

Sweet baby jesus! 375 units total in the game if i heard correctly, 25 different kinds of ships. oh it keeps getting better.

[This message has been edited by Daelon (edited 12-23-2008 @ 02:47 AM).]

Boetje
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 03:15 EDT (US)     2 / 29       
but most of those 50 factions don't start in the campaign...

and WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Sharks! i feel like throwing naval prisoners overboard (word stolen from dutch)

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 03:38 EDT (US)     3 / 29       
Daelon, he said our fans tend to unlock them all by going into the files. It does sound like we will be able to do it here though. atleast I think he did.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...

[This message has been edited by Ischenous (edited 12-23-2008 @ 03:40 AM).]

Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 23 December 2008 04:24 EDT (US)     4 / 29       
Bloody hell.

Thanks for the video and looks like you will be mentioned in our RTWH message board unless the Moderator Brigade gets all General Franco and rig it.

But good find!

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 23 December 2008 04:44 EDT (US)     5 / 29       
Interesting video. Newsied.

325 different types of units? That's awesome. RTW had 'only' 265, and I don't think I've seen them all in action so I can only imagine how big the variety in Empire will be.

Hussarknight

[This message has been edited by Hussarknight (edited 12-23-2008 @ 04:47 AM).]

sskrypteia
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 05:10 EDT (US)     6 / 29       
nice find mate

Síleann do chara agus do namhaid nach bhfaighidh tú bás choíche. - Both your friend and your enemy think that you will never die.
zlack
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 08:55 EDT (US)     7 / 29       
There isn't really any new info, but the naval battle that was going on was intersting.

Sharks? That just sounds like a gimmick, do you really think that sharks will be roaming around whilst cannons are firing and blowing things to pieces?

This is not a signature.
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 23 December 2008 12:49 EDT (US)     8 / 29       
Arr...What does we do with the drunken salior?! What does we do with the drunken salior?! What does we do with the drunken salior?! Chuck Him Over Board!

Well the naval battle, and such, shown in the background was pretty awesome (so can't wait to play some naval batles). He was right that the community normally unlocks a bunch of the unplayable factions (depending on when the appear and the sort), and I intend to do the same again .
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 23 December 2008 12:55 EDT (US)     9 / 29       
Yeah when I get the game I'm going to violate those files!

*Arrr, what shall we do to the Moderator Brigade? Make them walk the plank! Especially the weird Irish one who keeps on doing the jig*

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
Smileyman007
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 15:00 EDT (US)     10 / 29       
I love it. Pirates will be in Empi-arrrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry, someone had to do it.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
Boetje
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 15:33 EDT (US)     11 / 29       
the game is called empire: total war not empier: total war...

sorry, someone had to do it...

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?

[This message has been edited by Boetje (edited 12-23-2008 @ 03:45 PM).]

Yellow 13
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 19:45 EDT (US)     12 / 29       
Who typed empier: total war?

sorry, just had to know...
SpartanOfShadowz
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 21:52 EDT (US)     13 / 29       
YELLOW THIRTEEN, reference to ace combat 4 shattered skies?

The blood we spill today is just the beginning
Proud to be American/Polish/Irish/Welsh
Empire Total War Heaven : March 3rd, 2009 US
Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty WAW/Halo 3 Beta tester
No need to spell my name, just call me Ben!
Andalus
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 22:10 EDT (US)     14 / 29       
I'm sure they have mentioned the sharks somehwere before. Something about them picking off sailors from sinking ships. But even so, still a bit gimmicky.

As for the pirates, it is good to know that they listen to the fans all over the web crying out for pirates. But then, technically, there are pirates in RTW and M2TW as well.

And on the unlocking of the 50 factions, I don't know if it will be as simple as opening a file and copying and pasting the names to 'playable.' It may be, it may be not, but what he meant was that with as vast and active a modding community as TW has, we will soon have worked out how to do it. There will probably be an all factions mod out on the day of the release.
SpartanOfShadowz
Legionary
posted 23 December 2008 22:20 EDT (US)     15 / 29       
That little trick with the copy and pasting was quite funny

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 00:01 EDT (US)     16 / 29       
...We do not simply carbon copy each faction and give them a different flag...
I will hold CA to this comment when I get E:TW in my hands.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE MUCH ANTICIPATED/NEEDED YET SO FAR UNHEEDED SAVEABLE CAMPAIGN BATTLE REPLAYS?!!~~~*pant, pant*

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 12-24-2008 @ 00:10 AM).]

SlashKhan
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 08:52 EDT (US)     17 / 29       
Yeah sharks and pirates
CA has only mentioned Rakes and Gentlemen as agents... I wonder if Priests will be in the game
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 09:28 EDT (US)     18 / 29       
Probably not. They said religion will play a much smaller role but it will stil be there.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
SpartanOfShadowz
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 11:09 EDT (US)     19 / 29       
Thank god, religion in ME2 was a complete organizing hazard

Every time I would attack a catholic faction, pope would get his knickers ina twist and call every catholic nation onto my lands.

Stratigus
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 11:18 EDT (US)     20 / 29       
The factions will be all in campaign . It gonna be like Rome and medieval 2 the derc.strat file .
Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 14:05 EDT (US)     21 / 29       
Religion just got in the way of things, ETW will be much more focused on economical values and sheer military powers.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 24 December 2008 16:20 EDT (US)     22 / 29       
Interesting with the naval battles. They look quite fast paced. I imagine that the pause button will be seeing heavy use.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Waffentraeger
Legionary
posted 24 December 2008 16:26 EDT (US)     23 / 29       
The cannon shells look kind of funny, it looks like a huge stream of white crap hurling towards another ship.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 24 December 2008 16:42 EDT (US)     24 / 29       
Well they need to be able to visualise the cannon fire and having them as fast moving black specks wouldn't do the trick.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 24 December 2008 17:25 EDT (US)     25 / 29       
I sense that many people here on the forums no matter how experienced they are in RTW or M2TW will make many blunders in either naval or land combat as they get to grips with artillery, ranged combat and naval battles.

It'll be very intresting to see how people cope in the first few days of release.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames