You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.35 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » New Driver Releases (ATI, nVidia, etc.)
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Driver Releases (ATI, nVidia, etc.)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Wartrain
Legionary
posted 12 December 2005 02:46 EDT (US)         
2006-01-18 ATI Omega Drivers (v3.8.205, based on ATI Catalyst 6.1)

2006-01-18 ATI Catalyst 6.1 (ATI's normal monthly update)

2005-12-21 Nvidia 81.98 (dual core enhancements!)

2005-12-22 ATI Catalyst 5.13 (minor tweaks)

2005-12-09 ATI Omega Drivers (based on the ATI Cat 5.12)

2005-12-09 ATI Catalyst 5.12 (Big Dual-Core improvements!)

NOTE: Regarding Omega nVidia drivers, Omega says: "Sorry to tell you this, but the Omega Nvidia Drivers project is currently on hold ATM (NOT canceled), don't ask me why". That means since 23 Sep 2005, the nVidia Omega drivers are not being released, for reasons not made public. Read the Omega for details.

Future driver releases will be noted here, too

[This message has been edited by Wartrain (edited 01-18-2006 @ 05:40 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Wartrain
Legionary
posted 18 January 2006 16:14 EDT (US)     26 / 35       
ATI Catalyst 6.1 Released

(ATI Catalyst WinXP & Win2k Driver v8.205.0.0 Size: 37.60Mb)

2006-01-18 ATI Catalyst 6.1 (ATI's normal monthly update)

There's not many additions to 6.1. Basically just a lot of fixes from Catalyst 5.13. I'm not able to tell how 6.1 affects RTW, but feel free to download and post your results!

Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.1

The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

• BattleField 2 Special Forces: A blooming or ghosting effect is no longer noticed when playing the game in night vision mode. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21263
  • Beyond Good and Evil: Flickering artifacts are no longer noticed on the game characters after approximately 15 minutes of game play. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-20795
  • Dark Age of Camelot: The game no longer exits to the desktop immediately after launching, or after playing for up to 15 minutes. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-20794
  • Everquest II, The Fall, and World of Warcraft: A VPU Recover event or the operating system failing to respond no longer occur when playing the game. Further details on these resolved issues can be found in topic number 737-21437
  • Half-Life2: Enabling Catalyst AI no longer results in the outer edges of the water appear dark or black in color. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21448
  • World of Warcraft: Rotating or zooming within the Blackwing Lair or Seering George level of the game no longer results in a VPR Recover occurring after approximately a few minutes of game play. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21265
  • Catalyst Control Center: The Display Properties aspect is now translated correctly for Traditional Chinese. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21440
  • Attempting to hot-plug a DFP display device using the HDMI-DVI connector no longer results in the DFP display device failing to display an image. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21442
  • Viewing TV for several hours under Windows XP Media Center Edition on a system containing either an ATI Radeon® X1300 or an ATI Radeon® X1800 no longer results in an extraordinary long delay in the shut down and no longer results in Windows XP MCE TV failing to restart. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number
  • The radio seek function found in the Windows XP Media Center Edition operating system is now functioning properly when using an ATI Radeon® X800.
  • Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21449

Known Bugs

• Alias MotionBuilder 6: Loading a model in MB6, followed by rotating the object, may result in shadows appearing corrupt and flickering being noticed.
  • AutoCAD 2005: Using the 3DORBIT command to rotate or zoom may result in the display hanging for a few seconds when having hardware acceleration enabled in AutoCAD and a 3D object in the drawing.
  • AutoCad 2006: Corruption may be noticed when moving the mouse pointer around the desktop area.
  • Creative Muvo 2: Recording an FM Radio broadcast may result the captured file failing to open when attempting to playback the FM broadcast.
  • City of Heroes: Running Shadertest 7 may result in slow performance being noticed.
  • Dragonshard: Playing the game under Windows XP Media Center Edition with CrossFire™ enabled, may result in the screen becoming out of sync, and a scrolling display image occurring shortly there after.
  • Fable: The Lost Chapters: Playing the game under Windows XP MCE may result in the shadows found within the game appearing jittery, when the desktop resolution is set to 1024x768 32bpp, and all the game options are set to default.
  • Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth: Playing the game under Windows XP SP2 using an ATI Radeon® X800 series product may result in intermittent display corruption being noticed.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Playing the game under Windows XP on a system containing an ATI Radeon® X800 series, may result in the game exiting to the Windows desktop and an error message being displayed.
  • Path of Neo: Texture corruption may be noticed when playing the Kung Fu level.
  • Serious Sam 2 Demo: Enabling CrossFire™ may result in a performance drop being noticed when playing the game under Windows XP Media Center Edition.
  • WARHAMMER: DAWN OF WAR: Starting a skirmish game on a 4 player map under Windows XP, may result in the game performance appearing choppy when using an ATI Radeon® X800 series, and having all of the game options set to high.

EDIT: Added a known bug list.

[This message has been edited by Wartrain (edited 01-18-2006 @ 05:39 PM).]

Wartrain
Legionary
posted 18 January 2006 17:27 EDT (US)     27 / 35       
Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.205 (Cat 6.1)

2006-01-18 ATI Omega Drivers (v3.8.205, based on ATI Catalyst 6.1)

Omegadrive is the dude that makes the Omega drivers. He released the new ATI Omega drivers ( here ) today:

Quoted from Omegadrive, Jan 18, 2006 - 4:41 PM:

Well, I hope this is fast enough (01/18/06)-

The new Omega Drivers based on the Catalyst 6.1 are ready!

Well, in case you didn't noticed by now, I decided to skip the Catalyst 5.13 drivers and went directly to the 6.1, Why? well, there where no major changes from 5.13 to 6.1, so I waited for the official version to be released and use that instead (I had the beta for a while).

Please go to the ATI Radeon section and take a look at the Readme while downloading so you know the latest changes, additions to this set and some important notes or warnings.

What's New in Omega Drivers? v3.8.205

• Based on the Catalyst 6.1 Official drivers.
  • Starting from this set, I will use my own version internally for the Catalyst drivers, instead of using 6.1, 6.2, etc, I will be naming them 6.01, 6.02, etc, this will make the Cat versions less confusing and more "logical".
  • Updated Multires to v1.56. (fixes the "non-supported" resolutions bug)
  • New version naming scheme for the Omega Drivers, now is based on the internal ATI version number than in the 2D Display version.

[This message has been edited by Wartrain (edited 01-18-2006 @ 05:55 PM).]

Wartrain
Legionary
posted 18 January 2006 17:35 EDT (US)     28 / 35       
nVidia ForceWare Version 81.98
(December 21, 2005, WHQL Certified)

The 81.98 nVidia graphic drivers are still the best drivers, though there are several beta releases that work well in some specific configurations, particularly with the problems with gaming and the dual-core Pentiums (hyperthreading, e.g.). The 82.65 beta drivers are the newest, but should not be downloaded by average users . Expect a new nVidia release "soon".

For Win XP/2000

King_Of_War
Legionary
posted 18 January 2006 21:36 EDT (US)     29 / 35       
I know this is a stupid question but is this for all ATI cards? I got a ATI PCI EXPRESS 200 pro and should I download this patch?

"The Best defence is a good attack".
But if I don't hold my tongue, it would fall out!-KaiserWinterfelt
Wartrain
Legionary
posted 19 January 2006 07:36 EDT (US)     30 / 35       
Yes, both the ATI and the Omega driver releases will work for all modern ATI (Radeon) cards such as yours.

Drivers are the #1 cause of problems, no matter which 3D games you play. Improper configuration is the leading cause of slower gameplay, slowdowns, and generally poor system performance. Properly installing the best video drivers (usually, but not always, most recent non-beta drivers are the best for most gamers).

King_Of_War
Legionary
posted 19 January 2006 15:57 EDT (US)     31 / 35       
Thanks I did download it and RTW actually runs a bit faster and smoother from my view.

"The Best defence is a good attack".
But if I don't hold my tongue, it would fall out!-KaiserWinterfelt
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 26 January 2006 23:02 EDT (US)     32 / 35       
I have an FX5200 AGP card. Is there any new driver for that?

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
Rozanov
Legionary
posted 24 March 2006 12:45 EDT (US)     33 / 35       
re fx5200 agp driver.

i downloaded the 84.25 forceware driver yesterday from nVidia's site.

tested it on RTW last night and played through for several hours without any problems.

(have an Athlon XP2500+, IGB RAM, WinXP SP2)

(mouse movement in the lower pane is still jerky)

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 10 July 2007 19:25 EDT (US)     34 / 35       
solorio
Legionary
posted 15 February 2011 19:20 EDT (US)     35 / 35       
The whole procedure of stamping your name on your personal videos is not complicated; furthermore, there are other resources along with strategies that you will learn how to make use of in order to create your distinctive videos that also appear different to other similar products out there. A few of these resources are free of charge however; certain tools will be likely to set you back a small amount of money.

PLR Articles

[This message has been edited by solorio (edited 02-15-2011 @ 07:23 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames