You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » RTW Won't Install
Bottom
Topic Subject:RTW Won't Install
MrMew
Huskarl
posted 20 February 2015 22:28 EDT (US)         
So I recently got RTW and went to install it. My computer crashed and restarted. I tried opening the setup.exe immediate crash once again. Why is it doing this?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 21 February 2015 08:47 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Have you ever had RTW before and uninstalled it? If so, maybe a piece was left behind.

Otherwise it sounds like a corrupted file. Try uninstalling completely, then installing again.

You can also try putting -show_err onto the command line. This should tell you why it is crashing.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
MrMew
Huskarl
posted 21 February 2015 17:42 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I ended installing it onto my HDD using another computer. Only problem I have is when exiting the multiplayer lobby the game freezes.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 22 February 2015 04:26 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
So I guess original problem solved?

Sorry that I cannot help with multi-player. I have never gotten online (connection too slow back then).

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames