You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mongolphobia Mod

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Mongolphobia Mod » Ideas for a Mongolphobia v.4?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ideas for a Mongolphobia v.4?
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 20 March 2009 21:10 EDT (US)         
I'm a person who like Mongolphobia because of the unique, insane challenges and differences it has compared to vanilla.
I'm also a person with horrid memory and likes to jot down ideas somewhere so I can remember them. While browsing the net, I stumbled upon several ideas that would be interesting to see in game-play.

-Islamic princesses (Come on, you know that the Muslims were people who would trade daughters to princes for his harem (at least in some concept like that, still , I don't think the Aztecs need one.)

-Aztec agents (or would this make them too overpowered?)

-More cities (This would make game-play a little interesting)

-More factions (I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be nice)

-Orthodox "crusade" (Poor Russians and Byzantines have no holy war...)

-New units (If you're going to be teamed up with a good 3-D modeler then...)

-el_bandito custom battles (I thought that if you'd be willing to do this hard work, maybe you could create some custom battles (historical?) of your own handiwork and issue it as a challenge to Mongolphobia players )

If anybody else had any ideas, you might post them here. If the great el_bandito were to post/comment in this humble thread, I'd be greatly honored.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
AuthorReplies:
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 20 March 2009 23:38 EDT (US)     1 / 31       
SAMURI MERCENRIES! For Mongols.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 21 March 2009 04:58 EDT (US)     2 / 31       
You realize a) he's done a lot of work and is now easing back to life for the moment, b) I'm not sure a few of these are possible (Orthodox crusade) c) Those that are can be done by someone else in a sub mod- eg, the aztec agents can be imported from the Kingdoms campaign.

Also-
Come on, you know that the Muslims were people who would trade daughters to princes for his harem
Muslim princesses, yes. The reasoning behind it? Wrong in most counts. I suppose if you looked hard enough you could find an instance, but then it'd be much easier to find one on the Christian side of the divide, to be honest.

Most of this you could conceivably do in a sub mod yourself if you got the tutorials sussed. New factions are easier, again if you import from Kingdoms. Ireland, for instance, or Norway and Lithuania. If you're very lucky and get another mod's permission, you could split Russia into two- (Kievan Rus and Novgorod are a usual feature in many mods).

What I'm personally trying to do is work out how the hell to get the BB&B bloodlines working.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 21 March 2009 07:01 EDT (US)     3 / 31       
V.4 eh? I had pretty much stopped on v.3 series although I am planning to makes v.3.2 to add few improvements and balancing.
-Islamic princesses (Come on, you know that the Muslims were people who would trade daughters to princes for his harem (at least in some concept like that, still , I don't think the Aztecs need one.)
EoJ told me, if I can take African holding of Aztecs with a single stack then he will do something about it. I took the bet.
-Aztec agents (or would this make them too overpowered?)
I added diplomats due to necessity but honestly I do not see any needs for Aztec assassins or spies. Any Aztec players clearly do not need those and giving them to the AI will only make the map more cluttered---something not too desirable. (I'm actually trying to find a way to combine assassin and spy qualities into a single agent)
-More cities (This would make game-play a little interesting)

-More factions (I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be nice)

-New units (If you're going to be teamed up with a good 3-D modeler then...)
These requests above requires me to unpack my M2:TW and do some serious digging. Currently I am unable to unpack M2:TW on my PC due to space restriction. My hard drive (and only the hard drive--the one in my PC, as in not my pants) is really small I'm hoping to buy a new hard soon and if I manage to do that then I can do something about it.
-Orthodox "crusade" (Poor Russians and Byzantines have no holy war...)
Making Orthodox crusade also requires unpacking, but I know for a fact that there is a way to make Russians and Byzantines able to do crusades very simply. You turn them into Catholic factions by changing the contents of a couple of files.
This method is extremely simple (I tried it) and I was thinking about giving away Catholic Russia/Byzantium Mod along with v3.1. (unfortunately I was pressed for time and didn't finish it)
Only trouble I see with this method is that some players might not like Catholic Russia and Byzantines. Therefore I wish to put it into a vote.
-el_bandito custom battles (I thought that if you'd be willing to do this hard work, maybe you could create some custom battles (historical?) of your own handiwork and issue it as a challenge to Mongolphobia players )
This is doable as well. It will be time consuming though, especially when I'm currently trying to make up my lost joys of life while making the mod. (Me so horny, me love you long time)

I personally would love to create Battle of Liegnica, Mohi, or Ain Jalut.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 03-21-2009 @ 07:07 AM).]

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 21 March 2009 08:08 EDT (US)     4 / 31       
At the last, keep those comments and ideas coming! Mongolphobia Mod is done largely thanks to many wonderful ideas supplied by the forumers. Who knows, v.4 might actually hit the deck when I feel particularly inspired.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 03-21-2009 @ 08:09 AM).]

Sconderix
Legionary
posted 21 March 2009 18:01 EDT (US)     5 / 31       
Samuri! ................
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 21 March 2009 22:18 EDT (US)     6 / 31       
Lol what? The Japanese somehow sailed around Africa and India and landed in Dublin?

Edit: If there's anyway I can, I'd love to help you in a new Mongolphobia. (I just can't get enough of it , I'm hooked on it ) Plus, I unpacked my game since I have 200 gigs of free space on my drive . I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (and Premiere Elements 3.0)

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 03-21-2009 @ 10:54 PM).]

Sconderix
Legionary
posted 21 March 2009 23:46 EDT (US)     7 / 31       
Hey if some Barbaric-war-loving Vikings can sail to Canada then i'm sure Samurai warriors can travel as far as the Middle East, although I wouldn't make a whole new faction out of them, probably just some Mercenries.

But it would be cool! But don't worry i'm not as foolish as to suggest Ninga Mercs, now that would be stupid

Just imagine these guys fighting some over-confident English Knights! (Or French )
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 22 March 2009 10:16 EDT (US)     8 / 31       
Ninjas were mercenaries...and we do have Hashashim and battle-field assassins to work with...

BTW, el_bandito, what programs would I need to do any modding at all? Since it looks like Photoshop/Irfanview doesn't want to play nicely with me.

Sconderix
Legionary
posted 23 March 2009 00:13 EDT (US)     9 / 31       
Ninga Mercs? Awesome, it would be like a Kung Fu fight between a Ninga and a Templar, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Xishko
Legionary
posted 23 March 2009 03:28 EDT (US)     10 / 31       
About new factions...well can you make Serbia.
Simply divide Zagreb region in half and the right one should be named Belgrade region I think that province Serbia was in Medieval 1.
If you are willing to do it I can come up with troops and all other stuff that you need.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 26 March 2009 06:04 EDT (US)     11 / 31       
I still think you should add 'Zinquisitors' as an anti-Zombelephant unit.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 26 March 2009 06:38 EDT (US)     12 / 31       
Lol, Zinquisitors. And just how in the world can they beat the Zombelephants you think?
About new factions...well can you make Serbia.
Simply divide Zagreb region in half and the right one should be named Belgrade region I think that province Serbia was in Medieval 1.
If you are willing to do it I can come up with troops and all other stuff that you need.
BTW, Xishko, there is a limit on the number of factions available on the Campaign menu and currently all 21 slots are full. If I want to ad Serbia, I will need to remove one existing faction. Dunno if the gamers will like that. Still, the idea of Serbia sounds intriguing. Can you come up with troops and the like as you said and sent it by mail? I probably won't be able to work on v.4 until June, but whatthehell.(work break)
If there's anyway I can, I'd love to help you in a new Mongolphobia. (I just can't get enough of it , I'm hooked on it ) Plus, I unpacked my game since I have 200 gigs of free space on my drive . I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 (and Premiere Elements 3.0)
The gesture is heavily appreciated and yes, you will need Photoshop/Gimp 4.0 to edit skins etc... There some add-ons needed for optimal conversions which are listed here.HERE.

Currently I'm extremely busy with my job (gotta bring food to the table) so perhaps you can use this time to familiarize with the unpacking of M2:TW, and editing of files etc...as well as creating new sprites; just do what ever you like. Once I set my mind to it, we can perhaps work together.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 03-26-2009 @ 06:56 AM).]

Thrashmad
Legionary
posted 27 March 2009 12:29 EDT (US)     13 / 31       
Lol, Zinquisitors. And just how in the world can they beat the Zombelephants you think?

With REALLY large shotguns perhaps?

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 21:51 EDT (US)     14 / 31       
Really large shotguns eh? It can be done. Do you want the unit to be available pre-gunpowder event?

Michael Jackson
Thorongil
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 23:35 EDT (US)     15 / 31       
I would recommend perhaps just lower the Zombelephants' stats a bit... give them less hitpoints, but perhaps you could give them some wall crushing ability, like a ram? That would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, fixing the Aztecs' lack of seige equipment as well.

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 31 March 2009 22:16 EDT (US)     16 / 31       
I halved their armor and reduced their HP from 15 to 12. It takes 4-5 Spanish Dragoons to kill one Zombelephant unit now. If you got no guns then forget it. I had 15 Byzantine Guard archers shooting until they ran outta arrows and those elephants didn't fall at all. Perhaps I will further weaken them. Elephants attacking gates is a nice idea. They are not able to do it in M2:TW but I will look for the file which will allow them to do it.

Michael Jackson
Sconderix
Legionary
posted 31 March 2009 23:50 EDT (US)     17 / 31       
With REALLY large shotguns perhaps?
Ureka! You gave me an idea!

Chinese Rocketeers. Yes thats right! I'm sure it's possible to edit a musket into a large tube and then set it's script to launch rockets instead of ball bearings.

w00t w00t for me I'm clever! (I hope)

[This message has been edited by Sconderix (edited 03-31-2009 @ 11:52 PM).]

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 01 April 2009 01:48 EDT (US)     18 / 31       
You do realize the Mongols have super accurate Rocket Launchers with no reload time right? Not to mention those Rocket launchers can now tear down the largest walls in a single volley. Now, what use is of Chinese guys?

About using Rockets instead of musket bullets, I already made some changes in that regard, allowing the West to use the rocket technology as well(replacing bolts in this case). But that is for v.4. Very clever of you to come up with the idea independently, Sconderix.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 04-01-2009 @ 01:52 AM).]

Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 01 April 2009 19:21 EDT (US)     19 / 31       
..HP from 15 to 12...
No wonder I couldn't kill them....

Hoppylyte
Legionary
posted 01 April 2009 19:33 EDT (US)     20 / 31       
Those rocket launchers are evil. First time ever I've lost to the AI while we were evenly matched was because of those damned things.
Xishko
Legionary
posted 03 April 2009 00:42 EDT (US)     21 / 31       
I read here somewere that using assassins and spies gets your generals some dread(if they fail a mission and die),well maybe you can put that using your priest that your nearest general gets some pity?
It would be great if the use of your agents for good or bad give any dread/pity/chivalry to your commanders.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 03 April 2009 01:32 EDT (US)     22 / 31       
Great idea Xishko!

Michael Jackson
Xishko
Legionary
posted 08 April 2009 19:14 EDT (US)     23 / 31       
1.Is it possible to make some kind of crusade or jihad for Aztecs.
Because if you give ortodox factions ability to crusade Aztecs will be the only ones without a chance to go on religious war.

2.Remember how in MTW1 some factions would come back when they get destroyed?
Here when you take all their cities they turn rebel.
Well can you make them disappear and come back after few turns to haunt you again in an attempt to regain their kingdom?
It would be a great add to the game if these things were possible.
Hope you figure it out cuz no one else will
Andalus
Legionary
posted 08 April 2009 19:53 EDT (US)     24 / 31       
I think Aztecs are terrifyingly powerful enough without a holy war..

And it would be very nice to have returning factions like in MTW, but this is sadly not possible with the M2TW engine.
Xishko
Legionary
posted 08 April 2009 21:46 EDT (US)     25 / 31       
I thought about Aztec super units,they should be available only when they are on holy war and only in provinces that have building requirements fulfilled but their price should go down and upkeep should be half for the duration of the holy war.
I think that would bring some sort of balance.
Too bad for the other thing tho,but can it then be made that they dont turn rebel if they still have a faction leader or hair alive?
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 09 April 2009 22:15 EDT (US)     26 / 31       
All very interesting ideas guys. After I finish v.3.2 I will take a crack at them. Probably will have to consult other modders for help also.

Michael Jackson
mjgood
Legionary
posted 05 May 2009 15:04 EDT (US)     27 / 31       
A more expanded rebel AI would be something to behold. A few ideas:

- More agressive rebel armies. Most right now (as far as I am aware) just sit around and wait to be attacked; it would be better if rebel armies would actually siege cities and take them over.

- Have rebel armies (ei Swiss Rebels, Brigands, Greek Rebels, Welsh rebels, ect) become actual factions if they get strong enough, like maybe if they have two cities or survive without being captured for enough turns. If this happens they would also get 2-3 generals to start a family tree.

- Cities would revolt easier if your king's authority was low. If it was low enough (like 2 or less authority) cities might even revolt while content or even happy. To counter this there would have to be extra ways for your king's authority to be raised, ei winning battles, expanding the empire, ect.

- Rebel cities would be more active. Rebels would build buildings and recruit units as time goes on. This would be necessary if rebel armies are going to attack so they just don't leave cities out in the middle of the open.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 06 May 2009 23:17 EDT (US)     28 / 31       
Rebel AI eh? It is definitely possible but just in case I will do some heavy testing first.

Michael Jackson
Andalus
Legionary
posted 07 May 2009 09:17 EDT (US)     29 / 31       
The trouble with making the Rebel AI more aggressive is that they will behave as a single faction, whereas they are meant to represent a multitude of small states, kingdoms and rebel groups.
- Have rebel armies (ei Swiss Rebels, Brigands, Greek Rebels, Welsh rebels, ect) become actual factions if they get strong enough, like maybe if they have two cities or survive without being captured for enough turns. If this happens they would also get 2-3 generals to start a family tree.
I don't think this is possible with the M2TW engine. It would be nice to see some emergent factions, though, like the Swiss or Welsh. You could easily model the Swiss from the HRE, then take away most of the cavalry and add the Swiss rebel units. But maybe get finished with Serbia first...
- Cities would revolt easier if your king's authority was low. If it was low enough (like 2 or less authority) cities might even revolt while content or even happy. To counter this there would have to be extra ways for your king's authority to be raised, ei winning battles, expanding the empire, ect.
I agree that this would be a good plan.
k_Apollo
Legionary
posted 07 May 2009 11:20 EDT (US)     30 / 31       
Well, I was about to ask to create the faction Flanders (Bruges + Antwerp) as those cities were the richest cities in 1000-1400 (or even later) in that period of time, and the lord of Flanders always concurrated with the King of France, just lik William the Bastard did (William the Conqueror) after he conquerord England :P.

To complete my intro, I was about to ask for that faction, but I saw the faction slots are all used, to bad :P.

And a question, can you edit the names of settlements? In the period of time Medieval II is staged, Gent was more important than Anwerp :P.

[This message has been edited by k_Apollo (edited 05-07-2009 @ 11:23 AM).]

Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 07 May 2009 16:38 EDT (US)     31 / 31       
The Flanders thing is unlikely to happen, but the renaming of cities would take some work, but can be done.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames