You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mongolphobia Mod

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Mongolphobia Mod » Only a Clear Victory?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Only a Clear Victory?
Thorongil
Legionary
posted 26 March 2009 06:01 EDT (US)         
So I am thinking there is more to getting a heroic victory than just a lot of enemy casualties and few of your own? Anyone know why this wasn't heroic?

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
AuthorReplies:
Andalus
Legionary
posted 26 March 2009 06:04 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
A heroic victory means that you won when the odds were against you, or you were outnumbered.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 26 March 2009 12:58 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
You've got some really nice units, so judging by the sergeant swordsman corpse I can see, the blue reinforcements on the mini map that seem to come in from the enemy side (thus surrounding them) and fact that you had a comfertable numerical majority, I'd say that was a pretty straightforward battle for you. Spear militia, perhaps.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Thorongil
Legionary
posted 26 March 2009 14:45 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Yes, that makes sense, I was thinking it was based on preponderance of kills, but this makes more sense. And yeah it was pretty nice, you can kinda see the bridge in the background... they refused to cross it, and they had only 1 unit of archers, which were right in the front, so I charged them and killed them all off, for the loss of 1 horseman, then just sat and picked them off with my archers until they ran out of arrows, and had killed about 60% or so... and by that time their morale was so horrible that when I charged again they all routed immediately. And yes the reinforcements came in behind them, and mostly just sat there to drain their morale.

I have had this game for a bit, but only just found the Mongolphobia mod, so I am playing with it on for the first time, is quite nice!

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 26 March 2009 17:03 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Have you had M2TW for a while? Wow, should have posted here more, Thorongil. You were at BFME2H a fair while back if memory serves correctly, doing a bit of writing?

Thorongil
Legionary
posted 26 March 2009 17:12 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
No, I'm afraid you are thinking of someone else, I have BFME2, but never visited the Heaven for it, I am mainly from the Age of Wonders Heaven, if you've been there in the past few years then you have likely seen me.

Honestly I never came here before because I never realized you could play M2TW as a hotseat, I was reading your turn logs and bandito's the other day, very interesting indeed! Made me realize I have a little work to do to be close to decent at this game, lol!

Now I got the hang of it!

edit: Yeah, I really love it when people attack my castles, no matter how small and pitiful the defense is...

[This message has been edited by Thorongil (edited 03-27-2009 @ 00:41 AM).]

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 27 March 2009 11:47 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Beg your pardon, I am indeed. Honestly thought it was a blast from the past for a bit there

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames