You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mongolphobia Mod

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Mongolphobia Mod » Some feedbacks for v3.2.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Some feedbacks for v3.2.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 29 March 2009 22:04 EDT (US)         
As you guys waded through man-made hell, no doubt you had earned you share of experience. Can you please gimme some feedbacks regarding to those below so I can improve them in v.3.2?

1. Unit recruitment. I realize the Aztecs are having too many Zombelephants running around (I've been at the receiving end of their tusks as well) thrashing armies. I will make certain that the Aztecs are not going to recruit them that much. As for other units by the Aztecs or other nations, do you feel that there are some units who's recruitment values should be adjusted?

2. Unit balance. Mostly it will be concerned about super faction units. I will make the Zombelephants bit more killable as I had dog of a time trying to kill them. From my Portuguese AAR I also saw the Dragoons are perhaps too overpowered so I will reduce their missile attack range. How about any other units, such as the new pikemen etc...? Need any buffs or nerfs?

3. Faction AI. Are there any factions that are simply doing nothing? Is the diplomacy reliable? I think the super factions are aggressive enough.

4. A little survey. Which one would you rather have? Orthodox Russia and Byzantines that cannot crusade or Catholic Russia or Byzantines that can crusade? (I will need to do a major overhaul to make Orthodox nations crusadable so I'm offering you guys a cheap alternative for the time being)

5. Please discuss any other points I missed. Gracias.

Michael Jackson
AuthorReplies:
Hoppylyte
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 00:31 EDT (US)     1 / 11       
1. I'm fine with unit recruitment currently.
2.All I have a problem with is pikemen on walls. They're unstoppable. I love pikemen with secondaries removed, but when you're on the receiving end of enemy pikes on a city wall? Not so much.
3. Pimpin. 'nuff said.
4.If Orthodox nations are added into the Catholic fold, will they also be in the College of Cardinals? Or will they have the 5 piety priest/imam and can go holy warring w/e they want?
5. Sorry if I don't have too many opinions, I'm only around turn 50 for my HRE campaign.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 03:01 EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Hmm, let see if anyone else think Pikemen needs some change. I think they are ok right now but I can reduce their attack even more.

Michael Jackson
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 30 March 2009 11:00 EDT (US)     3 / 11       
1. I've not encountered them much in my campaigns. Most I saw was two drifting outside Gaza in a solid stack. Apart from that, great.

2. Perhaps you could make Dragoons fairly hard to get hold of and reduce missile attack slightly- I'm fine with the range.
Pikes sometimes I can't help but feel if some of the lower tech ones had defence and attack reduced slightly it could work- they've got great big pikes to keep the enemy at bay, after all.

3. . 'Tis fun in Byzantium, with factions all over the place. Although, a quick toggle fow has shown the Aztecs have expanded a little slowly this time, not so much into iberia as they did in 3.0, preferring to concentrate over to Egypt for some reason.

4. Catholic Russia would really be the only viable option of the 3 IMO. I'm fine as it is- adds to the challenge of byzantium having to conquer other religions.

5. Y'know, Welsh spearmen recruitable at English castles could work. But apart form that it's fine. Love the byzantine spearmen, you could perhaps up the upkeep slightly if anything.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Andalus
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 11:33 EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Y'know, Welsh spearmen recruitable at English castles could work.
Great minds think alike, I had myself thought that they would be a good English alternative to Sergeant Spearmen. I tend to hire them a lot in the early English campaign anyway instead of Levy Spearmen.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 21:54 EDT (US)     5 / 11       
Glad you like the new Byzantine Spearmen, I will make a new unit card for them this time. About the Welsh Spearmen, lets just say the nations in v3.2 will ALL receive recruitable new mercenaries.

Michael Jackson
Hoppylyte
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 22:00 EDT (US)     6 / 11       
When you say all, are you including the 4 superfactions?
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 30 March 2009 22:25 EDT (US)     7 / 11       
I was speaking of regular factions but the Aztecs might get some siege engine to cover their deficiencies in that regard. Mongols and Timmies are so far perfect, and the Papacy is nearly there.

Michael Jackson
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 31 March 2009 23:30 EDT (US)     8 / 11       
As you can see from the following pics, Catholic Russia can do just fine. Only small problem I face is that no matter how I edit the descr_region text, I can't give more catholic influence in Russian lands at the beginning of the campaign. In my Russian campaign that had no noticable adverse effect so I will just keep it that way.

Michael Jackson
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 03 April 2009 01:32 EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Wow, this is so unexpected. First Jihad of the game is directed at Rome! Such aggressiveness pleasantly surprises me. I haven't changed any AI files yet so I suppose this happens to v.3.1 too.

Michael Jackson
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 06 April 2009 23:48 EDT (US)     10 / 11       
I'm almost done with all the changes and currently entering the testing phase. If you guys wish to change something let me know now.

Pikemen attack and defensive skill will be reduced. Still, don't try to fight them on walls.

Zombelephants are killable now with javelins but not arrows. So load up on those Almughavars or Jinetes.

Most importantly, do you guys want Catholic Russia?

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 04-07-2009 @ 00:14 AM).]

The Danes
Legionary
posted 07 April 2009 04:39 EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Catholic Russia would be okay, I'd prefer it to stay orthodox and still be able to crusade, but catholic could be fun still. It'd mean that in my Russian campaign I wouldn't have every bloody priest turn heretic on me, at least -.-. In any case, that might jsut be me, and everyone else would prefer simply normal Russia. Let there be decision by democracy =P

EDIT: Can you make the Papacy not respawn? I'd prefer that, after dealing with all the Seraphim and such, they didn't come back to haunt me. I'm just considering taking Rome, but I wonder if that would be the wisest thing with this respawnable Papacy...

[This message has been edited by The Danes (edited 04-08-2009 @ 06:37 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames