You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mongolphobia Mod

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Mongolphobia Mod » Have I done something wrong?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have I done something wrong?
Thorongil
Legionary
posted 04 April 2009 05:25 EDT (US)         
Ok here's my question... I installed Mongolophobia a week or so ago, and have been playing it just fine, as Scotland...so I have not had much interaction with the super units, other than drowning a bunch of Zombielephants that were about to land on my coast... that was satisfying!

Now though, I decided to try Milan, after reading how hard it is. Started off well enough, allied with Papal states, I was the Pope's favorite, had the most crosses of anyone except Poland... then on day 5 I am excommunicated without warning, and the Papals attack. So I figure I'm screwed...they have 2 squads of Retainers of Death, a squad of Retainers of Famine, and several units of Papal Guard, Crossbowmen, etc... but I attack anyhow, because I'm feeling suicidal...and here's the result

This should not happen...right? Then I notice on some other people's screenshots that they have 120 men in a squad...which I don't. This makes me think I don't have everything installed properly...what did I do wrong?

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
AuthorReplies:
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 April 2009 08:04 EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Your unit scale would be the problem. In the main menu, go to Options>Game Options>Unit Scale. Unless you have a godly computer, keep it where it is, or scale it down to small like I have it.

Also, good luck with Milan! I barely got away with them against the Papacy by calling a crusade that distracted their armies, allowing for an assault against Rome to be made. Also, kill cardinals and place your own on the seats.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
Thorongil
Legionary
posted 04 April 2009 08:18 EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Hmm, ok...so it's normal to be able to slaughter Retainers that easily?? I mean, you can see what units I have there...it's not much and I didn't have any more than those. But thanks for that tip!

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04 April 2009 09:29 EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Unit size has pretty much nothing to do with the balance of the game. The reason why you managed to beat the papal army (very well done, too) is because they were all separate and not overwhelmingly outnumbering you. Nice maneuvering on the campaign map to get this- this is how you survive as Milan

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Thorongil
Legionary
posted 04 April 2009 14:30 EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Alright well sweet! I guess I'd heard so much about those retainers I expected them to be a lot harder, the Death guys especially went down pretty easily. They seem to have incredibly high attack, but next to no defense...they tried to charge my crossbowmen and were literally annihilated, it was like musket fire, lol...

They can't stand up to a cavalry charge either, hehe...

Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 April 2009 18:20 EDT (US)     5 / 12       
I was talking about his question where he was talking about other people having their unit sizes on 'Huge' , thus having 120 men in a squad.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Thorongil
Legionary
posted 04 April 2009 18:29 EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Yes thanks, I didn't realize that was just an option, was thinking it was part of the mod.

Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 04 April 2009 18:53 EDT (US)     7 / 12       
I play with unit scale on small and minimum graphical options on. My PC just lags any higher...(damn Pentium 4 w/9500 Geforce...) It's also disheartening seeing a super unit that's not on your side of the battle, with the unit scale on 'Huge'...

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 05 April 2009 04:31 EDT (US)     8 / 12       
... Except when you have a firethrower unit with 60 men on Huge. That makes it all better

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 05 April 2009 10:21 EDT (US)     9 / 12       
...or it gives me a CTD like it usually does.

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 05 April 2009 21:38 EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Weak are they? Well, remind me to improve the retainers even further in v.3.2.

Michael Jackson
Thorongil
Legionary
posted 05 April 2009 22:22 EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Hahaha, as long as you lower the Zombielephants' hitpoints a bit! :-P

And yeah, Papal States is down to just Genoa now in my campaign, I've killed the Pope 3 times. The nice thing is that since I've taken Rome, they can't build those retainers anymore... they would have been dead already if the Mongol reinforcements hadn't given the Papals two free full stacks...

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 05 April 2009 23:44 EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Zombelephant hitpoints and armor are reduced. Now units like Almughavars can comfortably kill them, as long as the elephants are not running around too much.

Michael Jackson
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames