Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War Heaven » Forums » Mongolphobia Mod » Byzantine unique units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Byzantine unique units
Hoppylyte
Legionary
posted 19 April 2009 17:09 EDT (US)         
I was considering starting a Byzantine h/h defensive campaign on Monglophobia after taking a look at their new roster of troops. I especially like the armored caliverii, byzantine shotgunners, and of course the elephant rocketeers. Just a few questions about them though. Can armored caliverii outshoot mongol HA's? Can byzantine shotgunners actually bring down any timurid ele's? I know how terrifyingly effective they are on dismounted feudals, but eles...? Not to mention that I'm not exactly sure how one's supposed to recruit elephant rocketeers. Are they just a merc that comes available in their region that they can recruit and you slapped it into the custom battles? Or is there a building that can train them?
AuthorReplies:
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 20 April 2009 01:19 EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Armored Cavalarii can out shoot the Mongol light horse archers but not the heavy one. It can defeat any other normal horse archer though.

Byzantine Shotgunners are extremely deadly against Timurid Elephants. Just two units of Shotgunners can kill a unit of Devil's Tongue elephants in two volleys. The other elephants greatly outrange the shotgunners so you will have to bring them closer.
The shotgunners are good at killing the Zombelephants as long as the enemy doesn't move too much. Ofcourse, any infantry charge will be broken with a full volley in the face. Cavalry charge will decimate them though so beware.

Byzantines can get the rocket elephants after the gunpowder event. You can train them from Citadels if you have the highest level of stables. You can train them from cities if you have the Grand Orthodox Cathedral.

Michael Jackson
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames