You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Mongolphobia Mod

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Mongolphobia Mod » Turkish Janisaries and Timmie reinforcements
Bottom
Topic Subject:Turkish Janisaries and Timmie reinforcements
Hoppylyte
Legionary
posted 27 May 2009 00:03 EDT (US)         
I've started a Turkish campaign and seeing the massive threat of the Timurids and their guntoting elephants I decided to go for a quick 1-2 punch by taking both Aleppo(citadel) and Baghdad while their armies were gallivanting around. My diplomat also secured my backside by allying us with the Byzantines. Infidels they may be, but they'll prove to be a valuable meatshield against the fatty pope.

Annnnyways, I've been looking through the building browser to see what trains out Janisary heavy infantry (since Aleppo IS a citadel...) so that I can use them and stay a tier or 2 ahead of everyone else. Problem is, I haven't spotted any buildings let allows me to train them!

Also, if I manage to eliminate the Timurids before their reinforcements come, what's going to happen? They live again as a re-emergent faction? Or do all those stacks become rebel and wander the desert causing mass devastation?
AuthorReplies:
Btone
Legionary
posted 27 May 2009 03:58 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I'm not so sure about your heavy infantry problem, but yes the Timurid reinforcements instantly become rebels as soon as they move onto the map and usually just stay in the one place.
You can ignore them: they aren't a threat. But bribing them and setting them loose upon the mongols is waaay more fun
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 27 May 2009 05:19 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
First up, Janissaries are from Cities. Yep, that's right, Turkish castles are near meaningless late game Go capture Jerusalem or a huge city or something and pump 'em out.

Also, I know with the Mongols if you wipe out their family members on the first wave they will be dead. Not sure how it goes with the Timurids, or even if it's practicable, but give it a shot.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 27 May 2009 10:59 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Would you like the Mongols or Timurids to become a re-emergent faction? It would delay the release of Mongolphobia by maybe a week or so, but it's possible. Definitely possible.

Edit: Getting into the ridiculous Mongolphobia mood, how about making the Papal States re-emerge...in 3 different places at once.

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 05-27-2009 @ 11:01 AM).]

Andalus
Legionary
posted 27 May 2009 11:04 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Why only three? Eight full stacks outside every settlement, I say.
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 27 May 2009 11:22 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
That would be some mind-numbing text file modding...

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
Hoppylyte
Legionary
posted 27 May 2009 20:31 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
So then what you're saying is that Turkish castles are worthless early game, since Saracen militia are better then any infantry from castles early game. Then Turkish castles are also worthless LATE game too since they can't recruit Janisary heavy inf. OR janisary musketeers? Anyways, I've looked through the building browser for cities as well, but Janisary heavy infantry isn't there either. Is it obtainable only after gunpowder event?

Edit: No thanks Glacier, the 2 stacks that the Timmies start with early game is hard enough to take on without worrying about them coming back from the grave with even MORE troops.

[This message has been edited by Hoppylyte (edited 05-27-2009 @ 08:33 PM).]

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 28 May 2009 00:01 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Janissary Heavy Infantry can be recruited from Large City level of City Hall. It is called Dar-Al-Something...
I didn't make it so, the vanilla version had it already.

PS: In v3.1, Janissary Heavy Infantry have 70 men in normal mode as opposed to usual 60 for heavy infantry units elsewhere. Makes them a bit more unique as well as powerful.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 05-28-2009 @ 00:05 AM).]

Thrashmad
Legionary
posted 28 May 2009 11:39 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Turkish castles are not entirely useless. If you want to have heavy cavalry you need castles and Qapukulu is a good heavy cavalry unit. Also Naffatuns is recruited from castles and they are not useless.

"The satisfaction in this game lies in to see 300 heavy armoured horsemen ride chock in an easy snowfall, while fire arrows criss-crosses the evening sky" - Swedish historian and permanent secretary of The Swedish Academy Peter Englund on Medieval 2: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)

"A game that contains both Carl Linnaeus and five different types of artillery projectiles are indisputable exceedingly detailed." - Peter Englund on Empire: Total War (translated by Thrashmad)
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 29 May 2009 01:25 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Janissary Archers have stakes which is godly .vs Mongols and Ottoman Infantry is pretty solid unit. Usually I upgrade archery range for infantry instead of Barracks.

In Mongolphobia thought, You can train Dismounted Hasham etc...

Michael Jackson
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames