Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.74 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » The 'Now watching?' thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The 'Now watching?' thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 27 December 2013 01:56 EDT (US)         
The theme of this thread is similar to AE's 'Now Reading?' thread except the question is, 'What tv show/film/anime are you watching or have seen recently?'.

I just saw '47 Ronin' at the theater a few hours ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, even though it's an extremely loose adaptation of the original (and far superior) story.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
AuthorReplies:
DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 27 December 2013 04:31 EDT (US)     1 / 74       
Started watching 'Archer' on Netflix after a friend's recommendation. Hilarious so far, a great 60's spy spoof.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 27 December 2013 06:57 EDT (US)     2 / 74       
In 2 days i have watched How i Met your Mother Season 8 and Big Bang Theory Season 9.

I think tomorrow will be Downton Abbey Season 1

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 27 December 2013 12:03 EDT (US)     3 / 74       
My oldest Terikeling got me hooked on Firefly. I still watch re-reuns of that single season in my head.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 29 December 2013 18:16 EDT (US)     4 / 74       
Now watching American Dad Season 8. Really good season FYI

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 21 January 2014 17:24 EDT (US)     5 / 74       
Currently watching "A Game of Thrones" season 1. It is interesting, but it isn't as good as the books... I think the screenwriters, in their attempt to follow all the storylines present an overgeneralised image of some characters...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 22 January 2014 01:34 EDT (US)     6 / 74       
What about the costume designers? I'm of the opinion that they never even read the books.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 22 January 2014 05:02 EDT (US)     7 / 74       
Heh, I'm on episode 3 of series 3 before uni started and I got a bit busy. I've watched that bit everyone talks about, though. Jesus.

I've started watching The Musketeers by bbc. I've got high hopes-it's got Lancelot from Merlin in it who I quite like, and of course Peter Capaldi as the evil cardinal.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 22 January 2014 05:46 EDT (US)     8 / 74       
I've seen a bit of the Musketeers.

It looks extremely well done. Too bad I get the choice of watching that or joining Mrs Grayhair in bed.

The Musketeers lose every time.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 22 January 2014 06:20 EDT (US)     9 / 74       
Sherlock, and I'm looking forward to the fifth series of Archer.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 22 January 2014 14:32 EDT (US)     10 / 74       
Watching good old Scrubs..

On Season 3 at the moment.

Like my reading pile- my viewing pile is steadily increasing... I think i need to stop buying things..:/

Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 22 January 2014 23:12 EDT (US)     11 / 74       
Girlfriend got me hooked on Big Bang Theory, and deployment got me hooked on Modern Family. That's all the TV I need until I remember what I used to watch.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 23 January 2014 04:37 EDT (US)     12 / 74       
I like TBBT until roughly the time they start making jokes about Raj's sexuality all. The. Time. The show then turns into friends series 6-8 with a few green lantern references thrown in. :/

That said, the one where Raj goes out with Siri is pretty funny.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 23 January 2014 06:11 EDT (US)     13 / 74       
I was given a box set of Game of Thrones for Christmas and have just finished ploughing through the first series. I thought it was quite good for the most part, although the first episode was strangely paced and (predictably) there's some excessively explicit parts (not as many as I expected tbh).

I quite liked the Musketeers, not splendidly new (how could it be while being the musketeers?) but well done.
Would a joke at this stage about Mrs Greyhair be against the Coc?

As noted in the party thread, I found the latest Sherlock episodes a bit below par. The second of the three seemed particularly odd, more like a compilation episode where a character remembers snippets of old episodes - but with new stuff - and with a 'mystery' that didn't seem to make much sense. The third episode was good but made Sherlock seem like a bit of a nubcake at points. One and three were quite funny though.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 23 January 2014 06:21 EDT (US)     14 / 74       
Big Bang Theory- <3

Anyone watched 'White House Down'? It is ******* amazing. One of the best movies I have seen! :)
Funny, as well as fully action pact with a storyline that keeps you hooked all the way through!

General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 23 January 2014 19:19 EDT (US)     15 / 74       
I think i need to stop buying things..
It'll save you money too

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 23 January 2014 21:46 EDT (US)     16 / 74       
Money I have- you don't get nothing for working 40-48 hour weeks.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 15 February 2014 03:44 EDT (US)     17 / 74       
In all seriousness, the Lego Movie is this decade's Toy Story. Go watch it. Seriously. It's awesome, and I can't get that song out of my head!

DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 15 February 2014 13:25 EDT (US)     18 / 74       
I agree completely with EoJ. The Lego Movie just encapsulates everything about what makes Lego one of the worlds greatest inventions. All the references are spot-on and I haven't laughed so much since the Inbetweeners film.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 15 February 2014 14:35 EDT (US)     19 / 74       
How does the song go?

The Inbetweeners comparison doesn't fill me with tonnes of hope (but then I haven't watched that film so just snobbery talking)
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 15 February 2014 15:21 EDT (US)     20 / 74       
Inbetweeners is qual - the first season definitely and the second was solid.
In all seriousness, the Lego Movie is this decade's Toy Story. Go watch it. Seriously. It's awesome, and I can't get that song out of my head!
Abby is flat refusing to go see it

house won this
DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 16 February 2014 03:48 EDT (US)     21 / 74       
It it completely different comedy! It's more witty remarks and insanity than the Inbetweeners cringe comedy.

If you have seen Wreck-It Ralph, it is that sort of humour but multiple times better.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 18 February 2014 22:39 EDT (US)     22 / 74       
I really want to see the Lego movie. If it is anything like the Star Wars Lego Movies it would be super funny!

Still watching Scrubs. I have made my GF watch it and right now it is our 'series' that we just watch when we cant think of anything else..

I would like to get into Downton Abbey, as well...

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 22 February 2014 13:13 EDT (US)     23 / 74       
The Inbetweeners comparison doesn't fill me with tonnes of hope
Nothing like it, don't worry
Abby is flat refusing to go see it
Make her play with lego until she wants to!
Still watching Scrubs
I always think it does well to start with but then gets a bit rubbish in the middle. However, it noticeably picks up in the final (proper) series.

DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 22 February 2014 16:14 EDT (US)     24 / 74       
If people have Netflix and don't know what to watch, watch Chuck. You will not be disappointed.
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 04 April 2014 01:51 EDT (US)     25 / 74       
Been watching season 2 of Vikings over the past few weeks. Has lived up to and surpassed my expectations and it's definitely helped ease the wait for Game of Thrones season 4.

I've also taken a recent interest in Torchwood and have been pleasantly surprised. I was never interested in it or the Doctor Who series before, but being hugged and cuddled by John Barrowman has inspired me to broaden my horizons

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames