You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RTW Guides and Articles Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » RTW Guides and Articles Forum » Faction Overviews and Histories, Rome II
Bottom
Topic Subject:Faction Overviews and Histories, Rome II
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 23 June 2013 04:33 EDT (US)         
RTWH is pretty much compelte, but Rome II seems to offer many more factions, some fo which have not already been covered here.

So, for those with a penchant for writing and the desire to earn a custom title (as per the rules here), the chance of easy pickings has arrived.

Sega and CA have released details of some factions for the upcoming games. Those which have not been covered here will be needed. So place your orders, pick your faction, and feel free to whip up a faction history and sketch out a faction overview that needs but flesh and details when the game comes out.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 24 June 2013 04:16 EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Here is a list of the current known factions and status. Feel free to claim some, i will otherwise..

Athens (Claimed by Awesome Eagle)
Sparta (Alex the bold)
Epirus (Dominicus)
Egypt (Done for Rome 1)
Rome (Done for Rome 1)
Iceni (Terikel)
Suebi
Carthage (Done for Rome 1)
Pontus (Done for Rome 1)
Macedon (Done for Rome 1)
Arverni (Eddie)
Parthia (Done for Rome 1)
Seleucids (Dominicus)

So lay a couple claims. I have a tinsy bit of free time ATM, but it wont last long, so i may be able to do one especially with my books coming..

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 06-29-2013 @ 07:49 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 24 June 2013 06:57 EDT (US)     2 / 14       
I can do one for the Iceni, and when I am done with that if nobody has claimed it in the meantime, the Suebi.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 24 June 2013 16:26 EDT (US)     3 / 14       
I'll do one for Sparta. What is the starting date?

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 24 June 2013 18:00 EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Updated. i suppose, just general overview of the beginining of the faction.

Look here for some examples

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 24 June 2013 23:49 EDT (US)     5 / 14       
I applied for a faction history, not an overview AE...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 25 June 2013 01:03 EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Histories are about as far as we can get until the game comes out. That is the default setting for a faction at this moment. So when someone claims a faction, they are stating they will write the history portion, unless they specifically mention 'overview'.

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 25 June 2013 02:27 EDT (US)     7 / 14       
I miss spoke and was unclear, my apologies. I was referring to the histories. The link had the links to the faction histories as well. And by the beginning of the faction, I meant real life..

And thanks for helping clear that up Terikel.

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 26 June 2013 05:51 EDT (US)     8 / 14       
Since Terikel's snapped up the Iceni, I'll sit tight and just offer feedback.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 26 June 2013 06:21 EDT (US)     9 / 14       
Oh, you are back.

You can have the Iceni, if you want- they are your people after all.

I can take the Suebi.

Let me know if you prefer this.

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 28 June 2013 10:18 EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Ah, I didn't mean to take them from you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have no actual wish to do them - although I will if you would prefer I did than you. I will offer what I have learnt either way.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 06-29-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 28 June 2013 13:41 EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I'll do a brief history of the Aecidian dynasty for Epirus. Might also do a factional overview as well once Rome 2 comes out since I've decided to play them as my second faction after my first playthrough with Rome.

Also, even though they're not playable (yet ) you can put me down for a faction overview of the Seleucid Empire

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 29 June 2013 04:55 EDT (US)     12 / 14       
added, and great to have you on board..

Update: I will hopfully do mine on Thursday or so when my new book arrives. Will be very helpful, and i can fill the rest in using online sources and other books i own..

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 29 June 2013 11:33 EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Feck it, I'll do a History of the Arverni. Keep me on my academic toes between uni terms.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 29 June 2013 19:49 EDT (US)     14 / 14       
Added..

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames