You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome II Total War Intro Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » My chance to make history on these here new lands
Bottom
Topic Subject:My chance to make history on these here new lands
Lost Knight
Legionary
(id: huntforcollossus)
posted 03 July 2012 17:39 EDT (US)         
So the new forum is up, and i thought i'd take a chance to be one of the forummers that is looked back on.

In 2 years time, R2TW will be huge, and this youngling forum will be archived. People will look at the archives and see that i am here, and think, who is this utter, utter goon?

Besides from that, here i have some questions.

Any idea on specs yet?

Factions?

Time period? (The first person to say 'The rise of the Roman empire' gets kneecapped)

Though i'll assume this info has not been released, it's worth a shot.

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool

[This message has been edited by Lost Knight (edited 07-03-2012 @ 05:40 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03 July 2012 22:41 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Creative Assembly have said they want to try and keep the system specifications required to run the game at the same level as Total War: Shogun 2. They want anyone who can current play Shogun 2 to be able to play Rome II, while pushing the limits of the graphics engine for those who want to run the game potentially maxed out. I'm trying to dig up the direct source I had about the system specs, but no luck so far.

As for factions and time period, well Creative Assembly have loosely confirmed that it will be set during the Republican Era and likely ending with the Empire's peak, when Augustus Caesar came to power. Though yes they did acknowledge in the Rock, Paper, Shotgun interview that technically the peak of the Empire was under Emperor Trajan. Obviously Rome will feature heavily along with other prominent civilizations of the day, but whether factions like the Gauls are one homogeneous faction or a patchwork of various different individual clans remains to be seen.

So basically, we have some rough guidelines to work with, but nothing is really set in stone just yet.
Lost Knight
Legionary
(id: huntforcollossus)
posted 04 July 2012 06:18 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
The news about the specs is very pleasing. Means i should actually be able to play this game.

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool
Kilos of Thermon
Legionary
posted 05 July 2012 11:26 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
It seems as if there is going to be more factions than was there previously, and the former barbarian "confederacies" will be broken into actual historical political units (for example, the Cherusci in Germania.).

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Cattle die, kinsmen die, the self must also die. I know one thing that never dies: the fate of the honored dead. Hávamál, Gestaţáttr, #77.
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 05 July 2012 11:54 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
That would indeed be what they are alluding to doing, and it would be great to see each significant individual clan/host/tribe represented. It would give them a good reason to improve the diplomacy too so that "nations" like the Gauls could form confederacies to help protect themselves from larger outside powers.

We'll have a better idea of how true to their word they are on that and many other ideas when we aren't a year and a half, or more, away from Rome II's release.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames